Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2004, 09:10   #16
God Member

Re: New shirt sponsors next season

Wasn't keen on the council sponsoring us but they should have kept to their original deal of the 3 year sponsorship (bet they would have if we'd been promoted!) Eric is quoted as saying it's a 'win-win deal' for the club but not for the fans who will have to fork out for another shirt. The pro-star ones were only kept for one season, now there's another change - maybe we can do a part exchange scheme on the new shirts?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2004, 10:00   #17
Senior Member+

Have to agree there Simon,but let's hold our judgement till we find out who it is;could be something really embarassing! [Rentokill/Durex/Tampax/etc etc]
Old 02-04-2004, 10:03   #18
God Member

It could be summat daft ike a dirty great big white box on the front with red lettering.... hmmm?
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:05   #19
Senior Member+

Please be that advertising board we got for www.rubberfriends.com
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:29   #20
Super Moderator

It costs money, and lots of it, to run a full-time club (just ask Telford). Surely Eric would be failing in his duty if he did not maximise every opportunity to increase the club's cash flow. All the more so, since gates in the latter half of this season have proved that Stanley must look to raise money in other ways. Surely, a lucrative new shirt contract can only be good for the club's long-term ambitions?

OK, having to fork out for yet another shirt can prove a strain on the pocket, but you can always use the old one for slobbing out around the house, washing the car etc., and have a nice new one to wear for footy!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:32   #21
I am Banned

A development of the Interlink Express theme would seem quite logical , but I rather suspect that a certain nationally-known insurance company who approached Budmak and me at last year's carnival might well be in the frame . . isn't it fun, all this speculation and gossip?

I wouldn't worry too much about the name on the shirt ; after all, it's not as if Hyndburn is ceasing to be a significant sponsor. And it does appear that there are a lot of "kit addicts" out there who can't wait for any new shirt to come up for sale !
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:36   #22
God Member

Of course its good for the club.. Has anyone suggested it isn't? Or was that a posting for the bleeding obvious party ??
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:41   #23
God Member

Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much about the name on the shirt
Why not? For many people a stanley shirt is a fashion item worn not only at football games but on other occasions ... In fact thats why the club went for the up to date style and new shirt company to attract those sort of sales.. i think the name on the front would be a worry for those people...

Like you henry I dont wear replica shirts so I dont mind whats on the front... But I can see the point of view of those that do and I can see where it would be a worry.... Who wants to turn up on a date with DUREX on the front of there shirt

hmm maybe lots of people actualy hehehehe
Old 02-04-2004, 10:49   #24
Senior Member+

Agreed Kipax;certain names may put people off wearing/buying the shirt but you would like to hope that this has been taken into consideration to some extent in the negotiations!
[btw the expression on your dog's face is now beginning to worry me!]
Old 02-04-2004, 11:03   #25

Great, gotta get another shirt!!!!! Hope i'm working by then!!!!

Hope we get a decent sponser then!

ab
asfc babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 11:42   #26
Super Moderator

As Bleeding Obvious Party (BOP) candidate for Hyndburn, I would like to ask, how are Stanley going to survive as a full-time club on gates of under 2,000 if they don't generate new sources of revenue? Get yer hands in yer pockets! Buy the shirt! You know it makes sense!
Old 02-04-2004, 14:41   #27
Senior Member+

I will!I will!But Prendergast on the back doesn't come cheap!The letters and number are gonna set me back another tenner!
Old 02-04-2004, 15:02   #28
Super Moderator

All the better! More money for the club!
Old 02-04-2004, 15:07   #29
Senior Member+

Maybe there should be a ruling that players have to have really long names to generate revenue...would mean curtains for a few of ours though...Gouck,Cook,Smith,James,where do you draw the line?{Mr Killackey would be safe though!!!**
Old 02-04-2004, 15:22   #30
Senior Member+

so they changing theyre names "Lutel Jameson" "Paul Cookio-io"
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..