Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2015, 11:06   #16
Senior Member+

Re: New Shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Red View Post
My daughter "popped" down to the club yesterday to buy one of the new shirts (popped down as suggested by someone on twitter I believe). She could still buy the shirts with the old sponsor on, but not with the new sponsor.
Apparently, there are just about enough new shirts for the players. There won't be any to buy for 2-3 weeks.
Surely we're missing out on sales. We're having the season ticket collection tomorrow night where people would buy shirts at the same time as picking up their tickets.
We should have boxes of the new shirts ready for Saturday's match too.
Missed opportunities again! It's no wonder we're short of cash.
I opened the link to the club shop of the fishy site and it stated there were 6 shirts available in my size to buy now! So don't understand this. Spoke to Lancsdave a couple of weeks back and he stated that they would be on sale for the Luton game on Saturday.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-08-2015, 11:19   #17

My daughter was told the same story a couple of weeks ago, but a different story yesterday. By the way, it says 6 in stock for all size options.

Last edited by Local Red; 05-08-2015 at 11:23.
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 14:55   #18
Senior Member+

I thought that we were told that the deal with Store First lasted until the end of the calendar year and that the shirts would change at that point. Am I wrong?

Last edited by Revived Red; 05-08-2015 at 14:57.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 15:00   #19
God Member

Smile Re: New Shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I thought that we were told that the deal with Store First lasted until the end of the calendar year and that the shirts would change at that point. Am I wrong?
You are not wrong RR, but over the last few months things changed and the Storefirst deal was cut short, in order to start the new deal earlier, but more importantly at the start of a season

cashman likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 15:05   #20
Senior Member+

Thanks, Joe. I was starting to worry that my advancing years were taking their toll.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 15:07   #21
God Member

To answer the various questions. There may have been some shirts at the club yesterday with the old sponsor on, but you couldn't buy one, they were taken off sale weeks ago.

Originally the new shirts were due in yesterday to co-incide with the press conference. The logo printing was delayed ( through no fault of the club on this occasion ) so Mitre are busting a gut to get us a limited supply of shirts for this Saturday's game.

The website says 6 of each size, not because that's what we have, purely to help me manage the stock situation between the shop, my shop and the website. If anybody really wants to order 10 online it will backorder the rest It also says available from Saturday

Can I also say this is Accrington Stanley, there is a very small core fan base, if anybody really thinks we shift boxfuls of shirts in a season then I'm afraid that's wishful thinking
Old 05-08-2015, 15:11   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Red View Post
My daughter "popped" down to the club yesterday to buy one of the new shirts (popped down as suggested by someone on twitter I believe). She could still buy the shirts with the old sponsor on, but not with the new sponsor.
Apparently, there are just about enough new shirts for the players. There won't be any to buy for 2-3 weeks.
Surely we're missing out on sales. We're having the season ticket collection tomorrow night where people would buy shirts at the same time as picking up their tickets.
We should have boxes of the new shirts ready for Saturday's match too.
Missed opportunities again! It's no wonder we're short of cash.
New stock should be in the shop from Saturday.

The Club have had to overcome a lot of hurdles in recent weeks to ensure that things happen.

The change of sponsor has impacted on this, but getting a new ground and shirt sponsor on-board is a massive boost to Stanley

Certain things are out of the control of the Club, but rest assured that all concerned have done everything within their power - and more - to get stock to the shop for Luton game

There has been some short term pain in recent weeks, but it is in hope that the long term gains far outweigh these

MikeA and Wynonie Harris like this.

Old 05-08-2015, 15:13   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Thanks, Joe. I was starting to worry that my advancing years were taking their toll.
You are more switched on than me

Old 05-08-2015, 15:15   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
To answer the various questions. There may have been some shirts at the club yesterday with the old sponsor on, but you couldn't buy one, they were taken off sale weeks ago.

Originally the new shirts were due in yesterday to co-incide with the press conference. The logo printing was delayed ( through no fault of the club on this occasion ) so Mitre are busting a gut to get us a limited supply of shirts for this Saturday's game.

The website says 6 of each size, not because that's what we have, purely to help me manage the stock situation between the shop, my shop and the website. If anybody really wants to order 10 online it will backorder the rest It also says available from Saturday

Can I also say this is Accrington Stanley, there is a very small core fan base, if anybody really thinks we shift boxfuls of shirts in a season then I'm afraid that's wishful thinking
I know people do not like trumpet blowing, but this chap has been a star

Cheers for all the effort Dave

Old 05-08-2015, 15:21   #25
God Member

Further update, I've just had an update from Mitre to say the new shirts should arrive tomorrow in time for the collection evening
AccyMad and sherry like this.
Old 05-08-2015, 15:26   #26
God Member

Make sure you have people to sell them

Only kidding

Old 05-08-2015, 15:29   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Make sure you have people to sell them

Only kidding

I will be there myself to sell them. What we need are buyers
Old 05-08-2015, 15:40   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I will be there myself to sell them. What we need are buyers
They'll be there

Old 05-08-2015, 15:44   #29
God Member

Just to add a further note for those of you buying the new shirt at half price if you bought the previous version. You will need to bring your old shirt in as proof of purchase
Old 05-08-2015, 16:25   #30

When all supporters have bought their shirt come and buy a match badge from the OASSC Stalls
all we need now is 3 points and the place will be rocking
oh by the way match badge only £3 folks
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..