Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2021, 13:26   #1
God Member

New Signing

John O'Sullivan has re-signed on a 3 year contract - bit of a surprise but welcome back Johnno
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2021, 13:54   #2
God Member

Re: New Signing

I was going to post, when I heard he had left his last club, but thought better of it.........

I am putting myself up to be shot down - for a change - but, do not see this as a good signing!

Not good enough last time he was with us, so fail to how he will be now, hope I am very, very wrong - let us see in 2024!

monkey hanger likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2021, 14:23   #3

Didn't see that coming. Typical Coley signing. Happy to give the lad another chance but wouldn't have been top of my list.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2021, 14:32   #4
God Member

Have to agree with the previous 3 posts but he,s older now and maybe matured a bit never been a doubt there is a good footballer inside him but I used to think he thought he was better than he was, but welcome aboard let's hope you prove any doubters wrong.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2021, 15:32   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

personally i reckon he will be a decent signing for us, we shall have to see.
accytom18 likes this.
Old 17-06-2021, 17:11   #6
Senior Member+

Totally underwhelmed.
I thought we’d gone beyond this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2021, 18:00   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Totally underwhelmed.
No Ian Dumbavin signing tomorrow as number 1 keeper Toby will have his work cut out to shift him.
AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 17-06-2021, 21:11   #8
God Member

Would not joke, I doubt very much that O'Sullivan will the last......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2021, 21:25   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Would not joke, I doubt very much that O'Sullivan will the last......

Nathen Baxter would be nice.
Old 18-06-2021, 07:47   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Totally underwhelmed.
We have to trust our management as we know they like to o sign familiar players. John O’Sullivan signing on at this stage in his career is almost a copy of when Sean Mac came back to us. If John O’S does as well as Sean S has done we will be very happy. Also IMHO, a players form for other people event clubs is now t the only factor when signing by them up. Our club still have a tight salary budget that shouldn’t be confused with the spending recently on club ground infrastructure etc. I believe John O’S will be great signing because there is still untapped potential in him that our management will get out of him!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2021, 08:51   #11
God Member

like all signings its a wait and see. if we had signed a player of a similar age and experiance who had not played for stanley before from another div.2 promoted club i think the reaction would have been different. as choirboy said he could turn out as a new sean.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2021, 10:48   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
like all signings its a wait and see. if we had signed a player of a similar age and experiance who had not played for stanley before from another div.2 promoted club i think the reaction would have been different. as choirboy said he could turn out as a new sean.
Or a Gary Roberts. Everyone saying budget tight ..... but give him a three year deal.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2021, 11:18   #13
God Member

Quote:
Or a Gary Roberts. Everyone saying budget tight ..... but give him a three year deal.
As a club we have been crying out for longer deals on players so has not to be ripped off every summer when someone has had a blinder, we will still be paying some of the lower wages in this league but it's a rise to most we sign on. Think unless you have a mega rich owner some attendance based financially dependant clubs after the last fanless 12+ months will be cutting their respective cloths.
Old 18-06-2021, 11:30   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
gary roberts is a damn good player but 3 year deal when the lads 37 is ridiculous to me
Old 18-06-2021, 11:40   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
gary roberts is a damn good player but 3 year deal when the lads 37 is ridiculous to me
Not sure if I,m right but sure that when he signed in January it was a short term deal until the end of the season, either way he left by mutual consent to join the coaching staff at Ipswich we might even have received a bit of compensation.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..