Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2021, 16:04   #196
God Member

Re: New signing,s 2021/22

Just read a piece in the Peterborough press that Posh,s chairman revealed that they had a few bids and enquiries for Ethan looks like we beat off a few to get him not a bad word said about him from Posh fans on a variety of platforms hopefully we have a gem of a midfielder we have been craving a creative player to complement Pritchard, and hope we will create plenty of chances.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-09-2021, 08:07   #197
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Just read a piece in the Peterborough press that Posh,s chairman revealed that they had a few bids and enquiries for Ethan looks like we beat off a few to get him not a bad word said about him from Posh fans on a variety of platforms hopefully we have a gem of a midfielder we have been craving a creative player to complement Pritchard, and hope we will create plenty of chances.
agree, but if he is one of them slow starter types with a new club that fans keep off his back. there are some of these types at every club including stanley.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 10:44   #198
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Well we wanted to sign him last summer when United realeased him and Peterborough beat us to it, Coleman has said he feels for Colby because if Peterborough had made the asking price he would have earned " substantially " more in wages plus being nearer home. I believe Ethan was on the plus side of £2000 a week at the Posh so he,s took a big wage drop to fit in our wage structure or Mr.Holt as adjusted it, or the lad just wants first team football which will probably mean he,s a first name on the team sheet candidate.
if the lads a good midfield man, who cares if hes first name on sheet.?
Old 02-09-2021, 18:48   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if the lads a good midfield man, who cares if hes first name on sheet.?
I'm with you Cashy.......we'll soon know how good he is if selected on Saturday......COME ON YOU REDS!!
cashman likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 10:36   #200
God Member

I don't know how true Alan Nixon,s piece in today's Sun is but I find him to be right more than wrong but he claims Stanley turned down a massive £1.2 million bid from Peterborough, I believe our valuation was £1.4 million, true or not it just shows how far our club has come in a short period. And in Coleys own words if he continues in fine form come January a bid too big will come too big we will except which will be great for both player and club.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:40   #201
God Member

thank goodness the days have gone when an opposition chairman with a small half empty wallet could sign any stanley player they wished.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 18:29   #202
God Member

Good to see Mr. Scully extending his contract. Hope he can get more game time and develop his obvious talent and enthusiasm.
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2021, 19:42   #203
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Good to see Mr. Scully extending his contract. Hope he can get more game time and develop his obvious talent and enthusiasm.
from what ive seen of him i think he will make a decent player when he gets some experience.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 23-09-2021, 15:21   #204
God Member

This is exactly the kind of midfield terrier we need. Wins the ball, keeps it, so keen he has to be dragged off the pitch…
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/58666923
AccyMad and DaveinGermany like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 16:11   #205
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
This is exactly the kind of midfield terrier we need. Wins the ball, keeps it, so keen he has to be dragged off the pitch…
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/58666923
I believe he used to play for Bedlington Terriers but had a bit of a wuff spell . . . . . . . . . . I'll get me coat
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2021, 18:21   #206
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I believe he used to play for Bedlington Terriers but had a bit of a wuff spell . . . . . . . . . . I'll get me coat

Yep! That's you in the Doghouse!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..