Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2006, 16:24   #1
Senior Member+

New Signings

Anyone else surprised that nobody has been drafted in yet?

This is our best chance of promotion from this League & would have thought a little speculation for accumulation would have been worthwhile. This is especially apparent as Cookie still gets a place on the bench (no disrespect) & because we have trimmed wages by letting Evil & Rory go in the summer, & released a few during the season. . . . . Flynn & Knocker off top of my head

How about Little at Alty?

Maybe, in the background Coley has targets who are playing in the league who are waiting till the 11th hour in case a league club comes knocking

Interesting times.....?

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2006, 17:22   #2
Senior Member+

Re: New Signings

i thought Charlie Mac from Gravesend would be a good buy but he has commited his future to the fleet.
Old 24-01-2006, 17:28   #3
God Member

I think Coley will be bringing in some fresh legs before the window closes, most probably some of the 18 year olds released from Premiership clubs as their contract expires mid-season. I dont think experience is essential in our new signings, just some young players who can keep the pace up when the rest of the team gets a bit knackered.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2006, 19:00   #4

Got to agree with Jase, very suprised we haven't added anyone to the squad. I imagine Coley will be a bit p*ssed that Sky Sports and Will went public on the Alan Rogers deal( i blame Will). Only one week to go and not all transfers happen over night.

As Ian Craney himself says in the LET tonight if he or Anthony Barry gets an injury we are a bit light in the middle. We only have Cookey to play a central midfield role........and sorry, but Cookey is not the quickest cat on the field.

I have feeling the lack of info probably means JC is working on something. the same feeling tells me we could have a couple of new faces to take down south on Monday.
Old 25-01-2006, 22:18   #5
Junior Member+

what about evil coming back?????? i believe his contract is up in the summer.
BULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 22:28   #6
God Member

I think for Evil to come back the squad would be heading in the wrong direction...we have a brilliant young talent in Andrew Mangan and I think Evil's presence would contradict Mangy's place in the squad.
We do need another striker but Evil would be the wrong 'type' in my opinion...
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 06:22   #7
Senior Member+

I think Coley let evil leav because he had a detrimental affect on the team's morale so i do not think it would make sense to bring him back..If he was sorted himself out now he would be a great asset but i doubt wrexham will let him go, he was in a rich vein of form before he got injured.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..