Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By stanleyticketing
  • 2 Post By cashman
  • 2 Post By Exile on Spencer St

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2013, 12:06   #1

New walk on prices 2013/14

Accrington Stanley are delighted to announce significant reductions in admission prices for the majority of our matches*in the 2013/14 season.*

Adults will be able to watch our home matches from £13, concessions from £8, students and U16s from £5 and U12s for £1!

From next season all matches will be categorised as A, B or C games with admission as follows:
Category A:*Adults £17, Concessions £12, Students/U16 £7, U12 £1
Category B:*Adults £15, Concessions £10, Students/U16 £6, U12 £1
Category C:*Adults £13, Concessions £8, Students/U16 £5, U12 £1

Speaking about the move Stanley Chairman Peter Marsden said "The Board have adopted the strategy of having £17, £15, £13 adult walk on prices for games next season depending on whether games are tiered as A, B or C matches. This is to reflect the fact that certain games may have more mass-appeal than others and at the same time our wanting to offer fans the opportunity to watch some games at the more affordable £13 price.*"In an ideal world we would be able to charge a £13 adult walk on price for all our matches but it is not an ideal world and we as possibly the smallest club in the Football League need the flexibility to be able to charge more for the big games otherwise it will have a detrimental bearing on the financial well-being of Accrington Stanley which cannot be good for anyone connected with the Club - fans, players and staff alike.*"I would like to reiterate that by offering significantly reduced season tickets at just £216, equivalent*to £9.39 a league game, and the flexi-ticket offer of ten tickets for just £100, there are some fantastic opportunities for our supporters and would urge all our regular supporters to buy a season ticket.* The flexi-ticket will also be of interest to those supporters of other clubs who regard Stanley as their*second club.*"By buying your season tickets and flexi-tickets close season not only are you doing yourself a big favour but also generating revenue for the club at a particularly welcome time of the year."
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2013, 16:22   #2
God Member

Re: New walk on prices 2013/14

Good News

Couple of questions on the Flexi ticket which I think is a marvellous idea

Do they have to be bought pre-season or can they be bought at anytime?

Can the Flexi Tickets be used for any League Two game regardless of Category of Game?

thanks in Advance for replies

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 17:00   #3

Flexi ticket will be on sale as of when the fixtures come out and you will be able to purchase as of then.

More details to follow on flexi tickets once all fixtures are out
Old 15-05-2013, 23:30   #4
Full Member+

Do the away fans pay the different rates, depending on which club they follow? Will the matches be categorised at the start of the season, or depending on the opposition's league position prior to our meeting?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 08:18   #5
Senior Member+

Chester A game?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 08:24   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
Do the away fans pay the different rates, depending on which club they follow?
In general you have to charge the away fans the same as the home fans except for 4 local promotion matches per season
Old 16-05-2013, 08:27   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Chester A game?
Stanley will still be playing League 2 football next season, Chester won't be on that fixture list
Old 16-05-2013, 10:02   #8
Senior Member+

Not too sure the A, B, C, is a positive idea for teams in the lower leagues, obviously it’s a ploy to encourage non regular fans to the less popular matches, last season the occasional £5 match price did show a marked increase in the gates but will a £2 or £4 discount really encourage the once in a while supporter to any great effect
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 10:23   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its like owt,yeh gotta try various things, whilst agree the £5 showed n increase, aint sure we got enough extra to justify it? Think club deserve credit fer experimenting.
Old 16-05-2013, 13:26   #10
God Member

Good move by the club.
Obviously there are always going to be some moans on here about pricing but now, depending on what option is chosen, assuming no season ticket, an adult could watch Stanley at home for anything between £10 and a maximum of £17 per game, with the latter being no increase on last season. Seems to me that the club is trying as hard as it can to reward the regulars and attract the floaters in these straitened times.
Redash and Revived Red like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 14:06   #11
God Member

I think it's a better system than the matchday price being higher than the advance ticket price. Lot less hassle for the club
Old 16-05-2013, 17:05   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Chester A game?
My mistake, I meant chesterfield.
I presume the title challenging teams and Morecambe will be the A games?

Where as the likes of Southend, Torquay, and all the other clubs that dont travel in large numbers over long distances will be the C games?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 19:49   #13
Super Moderator

The principal has been agreed by the board.

How it is implemented by the staff has yet to be decided!!

My view is most will be B, but what do I know??

But no advance discounts which will save loads of admin
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..