Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2015, 21:29   #16
Senior Member+

Re: New walk on prices from 1st January!

So we should look after a fan that comes once a season over a new fan that would potentially come 23 times a season?

I never said ignore the away facilities, just concentrate on home fans facilities if we want to build our home support!!
Old 09-11-2015, 21:42   #17
Full Member+

Away fans come every single game, the fact it is different fans doesn't matter.

Luton brought a load this season, they came August two years in a row and enjoyed it in the Sun. That was a lot of income, multiple times the home fans walk on receipts. To a greater or lesser extent there are 22 clubs like them, and 17 will always return next season. However, one bad experience at a ground and some fans will just write that team/ground off as not worth going/deserving of their cash.

I want improvements for home facilities more than most, but laughing at away fans running during torrential rain is myopic and harmful.
mab likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 22:12   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Away fans come every single game
If they come every game then it doesn't matter too much then about the away facilities?

The thing with us being in this league so long a lot away fans stop coming simply because it's not a "new ground to tick off" and they have been plenty of times before, not always due to the poor facilities, not to mention how southern this league is!

I'd much rather get the home facilities sorted and boosting our own fan base rather than be relying on Luton/Portsmouth "payday"
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 09-11-2015, 22:51   #19
Full Member+

I agree, as long as more than 1 away fan turns up the facilities are vindicated.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:07   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post

I'd much rather get the home facilities sorted and boosting our own fan base rather than be relying on Luton/Portsmouth "payday"
Even more important with current form. Starting to get new people on, the last thing you want is for them not to come back because of facilities
Old 10-11-2015, 09:34   #21
God Member

[QUOTE=baldy;1154336]If they come every game then it doesn't matter too much then about the away facilities?

The thing with us being in this league so long a lot away fans stop coming simply because it's not a "new ground to tick off" and they have been plenty of times before,

I remember Portsmouth didn.t bring as many last season than the previous one and there are reasons why you don't go back again as an away fan. like Mansfield having to buy tickets in advance for a half empty ground, Doncaster where you pay a fiver to park or walk miles to the ground are as good reasons not to go back again as stanleys poor away facilities are.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 17:01   #22
Senior Member+

£15 Adults
£10 Over 65 and under 16s
Under 12s go free with a paying adult!

Can't grumble at the adult prices, Think £10 is steep for a 13 year old but another good move by the new ownership!
Old 11-11-2015, 19:16   #23
God Member

Worth trying & really hope it works, only problem is a lot of people don't see us as an established league club but still as just little Stanley - i was telling someone about the price for last week's cup game & their reaction was '£15? That's still too much to watch Stanley' - i don't know how we get through to people like that, yes if they come & watch a good game while we're doing so well they might just enjoy it & come again but it's getting people through the gate in the first place that's the problem
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 19:29   #24

I think that pricing is about right. Like other people have said, it feels better getting change from a 20 pound note.

1478 was the average attendance last season. So far it's 1481 this season, would be good if we could get the right side of 1500 soon.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 19:30   #25
Full Member+

The prices have gone up £5 for some people on the face of it:

2015/16 Admission Prices

Adults £20
Concessions (Over 65′s & Students*) £15
Under 18′s £10
Accompanied Under 12′s^ £5

The club needs to ensure reductions are consistent with the old prices, it would be good if students were £10 (maybe but not stated) and 16/17 year olds should not be full price, as you have to be in education/training until 18 these days, so none will have a job and the price should not got up for them if going down for most.
baldy likes this.
Old 14-11-2015, 14:34   #26

I was in total disagreement when the price for concensions went up to 15.00.
Bury now apply a system employed by the premiership clubs with the price depending on who the opposition is example Wigan 16.00 while lesser teams cost 12.00. The proposed cost cutting is a good idea but will it attract more time will tell. I must say that after watching Bury, Bolton and Man City the two games that I have seen Dag & Redbridge and York this season have been the best for entertainment and quick passing football. ( Man City was a lot of possession but played at walking pace)
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2015, 10:41   #27
Senior Member+

The club need a USP

Forest green have it with their amazing catering

Afc Wimbledon have it with the nostalgia, club bar and location (London)

If we had a USP it would make a huge difference
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2015, 14:05   #28

The problem with cutting the prices is that we don't just need to increase the attendance we have to increase the attendace just to retain the same income. If we average 1500 per game at £20 per head and say 600 of them are paying that £20, so I'm excluding season tickets and consessions for simplicity, we would have to average 1700 per game just to retain comparable income.

If we have less than 600 out of 1500 on average including away fans then I would be shocked because the match day income must be really low.

The obvious solution is to roof and seat the away end, take the seats out of the Clayton end and charge £20 for a seat and £15 for the terrace. That way if we have a big away following we can justify charging £20 as they have a seat. This happens at nearly all away grounds in League 2 where seats are more expensive. Barnet they closed the terrace for away fans, Stevenage the away end is seated, Orient was seats only but at least Crawley gave us the option. In the past I think Morecambe have closed the terrace on occasion although I haven't encountered it.

The other option is the two tier system where games with a big away support are more expensive like now and games with a small support are cheaper. Either way we can't affford to lose income as this may impact on wages if they are a percentage of income as it seems to be.
DAV007 likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2015, 14:22   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Worth trying & really hope it works, only problem is a lot of people don't see us as an established league club but still as just little Stanley - i was telling someone about the price for last week's cup game & their reaction was '£15? That's still too much to watch Stanley'
Said this for a while. People don't understand the level at which we compete. They don't see us as being on a par with the likes of Pompey, Luton and Plymouth.

Three promotions in six years was unbelievable but left us in the situation where Coley's sides have always been light years ahead of the club's infrastructure. Outsiders still see "little Stanley" and think it's akin to being charged £15/20 to watch Clitheroe....which obviously you wouldn't do.

We had the USP when the Ultras were in full force. We had an old school atmosphere that you couldn't get at Rovers and Burnley. How many of those excited children at the front don't come anymore?

There should be a massive push on the fact you cant watch professional league football cheaper anywhere in the country.
Old 15-11-2015, 16:06   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
The problem with cutting the prices is that we don't just need to increase the attendance we have to increase the attendace just to retain the same income. If we average 1500 per game at £20 per head and say 600 of them are paying that £20, so I'm excluding season tickets and consessions for simplicity, we would have to average 1700 per game just to retain comparable income.

If we have less than 600 out of 1500 on average including away fans then I would be shocked because the match day income must be really low.

The obvious solution is to roof and seat the away end, take the seats out of the Clayton end and charge £20 for a seat and £15 for the terrace. That way if we have a big away following we can justify charging £20 as they have a seat. This happens at nearly all away grounds in League 2 where seats are more expensive. Barnet they closed the terrace for away fans, Stevenage the away end is seated, Orient was seats only but at least Crawley gave us the option. In the past I think Morecambe have closed the terrace on occasion although I haven't encountered it.

The other option is the two tier system where games with a big away support are more expensive like now and games with a small support are cheaper. Either way we can't affford to lose income as this may impact on wages if they are a percentage of income as it seems to be.
The obvious solution as you put it sounds great but what will the cost be and will any future revenue cover that, Mr. Holt I,m sure will have some ground improvements in mind we,ll have to wait and see but personally I would like to see a growth in the corporate areas were we are really limited at present like or loathe the prawn sandwich brigade it,s along with sponsorship were the real money is and hopefully as the club progress,s on and off the field hopefully the support will grow as well.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..