Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2015, 12:56   #1
Senior Member+

New walk on prices from 1st January!

Andy Holt has tweeted he's been in discussions about new walk on prices that will start from 1 January 2016!

Prices to be on the official site "Next Week"

Nice to see him coming straight in and getting stuck in to attract more/new fans!!
Chrisr likes this.
Old 05-11-2015, 13:03   #2
God Member

Re: New walk on prices from 1st January!

So you're presuming the prices'll be going down a bit?? If so could be a good move - even just a couple of quid less could make a difference, if someone hands over 20 quid & gets 2 or 3 quid back in change they're likely to have it ready in their hand to buy say a half-time draw ticket or programme
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 13:06   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Sounds promising to me.
Old 05-11-2015, 13:11   #4
Senior Member+

People like Macca have been saying for years we should charge say £10 and get double the crowd rather than £20 and getting what we get now!

I think in previous years the club hasn't had the money to try this incase we didn't get double the crowds and lose money...Lets hope with the club now on a better financial footing we can do this!

Exiting times!
Chrisr likes this.
Old 05-11-2015, 13:12   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Exiting times!
What, people are off already!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 13:18   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is if they reduce prices, it will ONLY work if maximum effective publicity is used in accy @ surrounding areas. imho.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 05-11-2015, 14:28   #7

Smile Re: New walk on prices from 1st January!

If we're affordable and have a winning team we have literally taken every excuse away from the Accrington public. Personally I'm hoping for concessions to be slashed dramatically and kid for a quid. With so many colleges and unis nearby £15 for students is far too high. With no debt we can try something long term....it has always baffled me when we try reductions for one game and complain they don't come back. A long term well advertised approach is worth a go.

We talk about lost generations to Blackburn and Burnley post 62 but we've been in the league ten seasons. In that time we've lost another generation. If you were 8 that glorious day in Woking you're 18 now.

The fight back begins now!!!
Old 05-11-2015, 14:47   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
If we're affordable and have a winning team we have literally taken every excuse away from the Accrington public. Personally I'm hoping for concessions to be slashed dramatically and kid for a quid. With so many colleges and unis nearby £15 for students is far too high. With no debt we can try something long term....it has always baffled me when we try reductions for one game and complain they don't come back. A long term well advertised approach is worth a go.

We talk about lost generations to Blackburn and Burnley post 62 but we've been in the league ten seasons. In that time we've lost another generation. If you were 8 that glorious day in Woking you're 18 now.

The fight back begins now!!!
Agree Alvin under 18,s students and under 12,s are the future make these more affordable and just maybe we can attract new younger fans.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 21:33   #9
Senior Member+

........ The news gets better and better Something I have been saying for years.

Fantastic.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 21:46   #10
Full Member+

I hope the seats at the Clayton end will fill up again soon. We are in dreamland at the moment. if somebody had said this was going to happen last year we would have laughed them off the forum. Andy Holt is making good on his promises so we need to respond and encourage every one we know to come to the ground.
baldy likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 21:49   #11
Full Member+

Prices cuts mean less income but could help grown the fan base long term. Football pricing is 'relatively inelastic', half the price and double the crowds is never going to work.

A roof on the away end would be a good idea, a lot of those York fans will be put off coming here I reckon.
Giacomo likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:35   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
A roof on the away end would be a good idea, a lot of those York fans will be put off coming here I reckon.
I'd rather they spent money on the facilities for the Main Stand and Clayton End first if they was to spend it anywhere!

Most away fans will come no matter what, What we need to do is upgrade our own facilities which will (hopefully) get the people of Accrington coming week in week out rather than an away fan that comes once a season!

Lets be honest the £20 entrance fee is for the football alone nothing else! How many people would be deterred going for a beer at half time behind the Clayton End with no real roof for shelter?

Let's put our own fans first!
Old 09-11-2015, 13:20   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Prices cuts mean less income but could help grown the fan base long term. Football pricing is 'relatively inelastic', half the price and double the crowds is never going to work.

York's away end is open to the elements exactly the same as ours, they also have the option of sitting down undercover but they make you pay an extra quid for the pleasure
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 14:20   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
York's away end is open to the elements exactly the same as ours, they also have the option of sitting down undercover but they make you pay an extra quid for the pleasure
Yeh forgot about that, perhaps we should do similar?
Old 09-11-2015, 20:56   #15
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
I'd rather they spent money on the facilities for the Main Stand and Clayton End first if they was to spend it anywhere!

Most away fans will come no matter what, What we need to do is upgrade our own facilities which will (hopefully) get the people of Accrington coming week in week out rather than an away fan that comes once a season!

Lets be honest the £20 entrance fee is for the football alone nothing else! How many people would be deterred going for a beer at half time behind the Clayton End with no real roof for shelter?

Let's put our own fans first!
So improving facilities won't attract repeat away fans but will for home fans? As Stanley rely on away fans' cash more than any other Pro club (taking a wild guess) they should be treated with more respect.

The facilities are poor at the Clayton End, especially the toilets, but there is a roof at least. The bar is hardly used compared to any other ground.

As for York's ground, they are building an multi million pound new one for all to enjoy.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..