Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 11:33   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Newport County

This first match of the season is showing that points will be hard to come by, we have not won an opening match since the 07/08 season, so not a big shock that we came away from Newport with no points, although I did not think our defence would be penetrated so easily, our meager budget dictates that at the end of every season the heart is ripped out of the squad as our best players are pillaged by the wealthier clubs and our manager is set the task of accumulating a new squad, it’s little wonder that we struggle in the early stages of a season, but as always with Stanley it’s a celebration to survive in the league, which I feel sure that when the team has time to gel we will again survive the drop
Chubbyman likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2013, 11:35   #62
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

And just in case you missed it Newport County AFC | Official Site or The Unofficial Newport County AFC Message Boards ? View topic - newport v accrington goals.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by mab; 04-08-2013 at 11:41.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:38   #63
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
This first match of the season is showing that points will be hard to come by, we have not won an opening match since the 07/08 season, so not a big shock that we came away from Newport with no points, although I did not think our defence would be penetrated so easily, our meager budget dictates that at the end of every season the heart is ripped out of the squad as our best players are pillaged by the wealthier clubs and our manager is set the task of accumulating a new squad, it’s little wonder that we struggle in the early stages of a season, but as always with Stanley it’s a celebration to survive in the league, which I feel sure that when the team has time to gel we will again survive the drop
Errrm not correct Accybeme, we beat Southend 1 - 0 last season on the opening day
Old 04-08-2013, 11:58   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cheers mab, good 15 mins on that, The commentator certainly knew Dunbavin, Davo should listen to that.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10   #65
Senior Member+

Well my two pence worth......

Positives 1st

Believe it or not I thought we did ok for 45-50 minutes yesterday. Young Richardson I thought showed some great touches in the first period, he had some good interchanges with Webber in particular. Obviously he tired and really should have been taken off after an hour. But all in all a good debut for him.

Webber's control and passing looked great at times, and IF he could have scored of his two chances he had at 0-0 it would have been a different ball game. But he never stopped trying and he got his goal in the end, so fair play to him. He looks like he could be a 20 goal a season man this year, that's for sure.

Luke Clarke Well after more or less not playing all of last year I thought he had a decent impact when he came on as sub. He was threading some great passes about and it was his initial vision that led to Webber's goal. Could be a key man this season for us.

Ok negatives.

Bavs Looks nowhere near match fit to me. The defence have more or less zero confidence in him and it showed. I agree young Dawber has massive potential but is he ready?? Who knows? Cameron Belford anybody, get him in!

Joyce & Murph Passengers yesterday in the middle of the park. We all know they are NOT creative players but are both picked from the start..... A strange decision for me that one. As soon as Joyce was replaced we looked a different side with Clarke stroking the ball about. Granted it was 4-0 at the time.

Liddle Shocker for me, looked miles off the pace in terms of position. Big surprise that he was picked over Winnard (Who I think his best position is LB). Wilson was brilliant the last 10 games of last season at LB, so not sure why he wasnt picked there yesterday?

So its NOT all doom & gloom yet...... I will see where we are after 10 games. But its a big kick up the backside for JB and his team, thats for sure. My team for Tuesday ........

.....................Dawber
Hunt.....Aldred.......Atkinson......Winnard
Clarke.....Murphy
Hatfield.......... Richardson.......Wilson
.....................Webber..............

Subs.

Bavs
Liddle
Mccarten
Joyce
Windass
Mingoia
Gray
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:15   #66
Senior Member+

Didn't Belford go to play for his Dad at (?) Alfreton ?
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17   #67
Senior Member+

I thought he was at Tamworth.

He wont be on a contract anyway.

Sign him up.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:50   #68
God Member

i'm not sure about Liddle. He's had some good games for us but from memory they were mostly when he played the midfield anchor role. By all accounts a lot of the bad run last season was down to our inability to defend against crosses coming in - Newport played a lot of fast attacking football, aiming to whip crosses in towards the penalty area. Their commentator said something along the lines of "last seasons tactic of hitting the fifty pence piece on the 12 yard line is reaping dividends once again"
ianray likes this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:51   #69
Senior Member+

3 of their 4 goals came from our left..........
Old 04-08-2013, 13:19   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I thought he was at Tamworth.

He wont be on a contract anyway.

Sign him up.
You could well be right. Good keeper at our level

I used to work with Joe Corrigan years back. Not sure if he's free ..... I could try and have a word ......
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 13:55   #71
Senior Member+

You must have been watching Bavs positioning through tinted glasses,he could have done much better all round.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 14:02   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Well my two pence worth......

Positives 1st

Believe it or not I thought we did ok for 45-50 minutes yesterday. Young Richardson I thought showed some great touches in the first period, he had some good interchanges with Webber in particular. Obviously he tired and really should have been taken off after an hour. But all in all a good debut for him.

Webber's control and passing looked great at times, and IF he could have scored of his two chances he had at 0-0 it would have been a different ball game. But he never stopped trying and he got his goal in the end, so fair play to him. He looks like he could be a 20 goal a season man this year, that's for sure.

Luke Clarke Well after more or less not playing all of last year I thought he had a decent impact when he came on as sub. He was threading some great passes about and it was his initial vision that led to Webber's goal. Could be a key man this season for us.

Ok negatives.

Bavs Looks nowhere near match fit to me. The defence have more or less zero confidence in him and it showed. I agree young Dawber has massive potential but is he ready?? Who knows? Cameron Belford anybody, get him in!

Joyce & Murph Passengers yesterday in the middle of the park. We all know they are NOT creative players but are both picked from the start..... A strange decision for me that one. As soon as Joyce was replaced we looked a different side with Clarke stroking the ball about. Granted it was 4-0 at the time.

Liddle Shocker for me, looked miles off the pace in terms of position. Big surprise that he was picked over Winnard (Who I think his best position is LB). Wilson was brilliant the last 10 games of last season at LB, so not sure why he wasnt picked there yesterday?

So its NOT all doom & gloom yet...... I will see where we are after 10 games. But its a big kick up the backside for JB and his team, thats for sure. My team for Tuesday ........

.....................Dawber
Hunt.....Aldred.......Atkinson......Winnard
Clarke.....Murphy
Hatfield.......... Richardson.......Wilson
.....................Webber..............

Subs.

Bavs
Liddle
Mccarten
Joyce
Windass
Mingoia
Gray
Agree with most of what you say,But you haven't even got Carver on the subs bench.I think once fully fit he can make a massive impact in the team and at worst a great impact sub!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 14:14   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Is carver not fully fit?
Old 04-08-2013, 14:19   #74
bdc

I don't think Dawber is ready to be starting for Accy at this level, I feel it would crush his confidence and in reality he should be nurtured in the right way if we are to develop him properly. He should be out on loan to a conference team to get some experience and game time. In the meantime we could really do with an experienced back up to give Bavs a push.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 14:20   #75
bdc

Is James Gray injured?
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..