Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 14:23   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Newport County

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Is carver not fully fit?
When I spoke to him at Altringham he said he's got a bit to go before he's fully fit!
cashman likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2013, 17:26   #77
Senior Member+

Good post Smudgie,agree that Richardson tried his best to get up with Webber and had a half decent first half.
The centre mids were obviously under instructions to just sit and they just played around us.
Clarke was allowed to join in and he also did well.
Can't agree about Dean at LB tho.Coley played him there for 18 months,and was asked to cover the CBs,but for me it's not the answer,we were a far better team when we replaced our lack of pace (kempo!),which allowed the fullbacks (dean and Jacobson ) to go forward.
For me
Tom and Rob are too similar,that's why I found it strange splitting up Tom and Dean,who's record together in the last twelve games,prior to the last joke game was excellent.
It's not about who's the better players,but what's the best combinations.
Alternatively,play two CBs with a sweeper(like newport did),but playing a flat back four
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 17:27   #78
Senior Member+

Sorry ---which lasts pace will be a constant problem IMHO
Old 04-08-2013, 17:29   #79
Senior Member+

Lacks !
Old 04-08-2013, 18:50   #80

Whoever decided to play Michael Richardson at Newport from the start needs to think very carefully has he got a future in team selection, to be honest one of the WORST DECISIONS ive ever seen in football. FACTS ... M.R has only played at this level in 5 games 3 for Leyton Orient 2 for Gillingham and both clubs packed him back to Newcastle ASAP after..... M.R did not feature in any pre season games for us which may have helped . A few supporters have said HE MADE SOME NICE TOUCHES they never resulted in goals THATS WHAT MATTERS he may be one for the future we need hard aggressive skilful players now like the ones we played at Newport. DANNY WEBBER the only player that stood out BY A MILE all is not lost ON STANLEY ON everyones still behind JAMES BEATTIE but we need a few more like DANNY WEBBER .
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 19:21   #81
Senior Member+

Absolute rubbish.
Chubbyman likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 19:36   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Absolute rubbish.
Thats very constructive THANKS
Old 04-08-2013, 19:44   #83

Arrow Re: Newport County

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Absolute rubbish.
It's all about opinions. I thought your ideas that Richardson was ok, Dawber should start and Winnard is best a left back are all rubbish - only opinions.

I was also surprised at JBs interview, (and also the fact that no-one's mentioned it.) Can you imagine Fergie praising his players for playing some 'good stuff' after getting absolutely stuffed, hopefully that's just for he fans and he has nailed the players that deserved it in the confines of the dressing room.

For me Mingoia, Miller and Gray should play Tuesday instead of Richardson, Hatfield and Murphy
ianray likes this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 20:04   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
It's all about opinions. I thought your ideas that Richardson was ok, Dawber should start and Winnard is best a left back are all rubbish - only opinions.

I was also surprised at JBs interview, (and also the fact that no-one's mentioned it.) Can you imagine Fergie praising his players for playing some 'good stuff' after getting absolutely stuffed, hopefully that's just for he fans and he has nailed the players that deserved it in the confines of the dressing room.

For me Mingoia, Miller and Gray should play Tuesday instead of Richardson, Hatfield and Murphy
Well said Frank its funny how the TRUTH hurts some people
Old 04-08-2013, 20:04   #85
Senior Member+

Think you will find Tuesdays game will be a little different,as Middlesborough won't press as much,so it will allow us to play.They will obviously have more quality,so keeping the ball is a must.
I really rate Miller,and he would be class in a top team,at the moment tho,he struggles to dominate a game,so maybe has to adapt his style a little.
I would defo consider the younger lads who would surely raise there game playing at the riverside.
Redraine likes this.
Old 04-08-2013, 20:05   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I assumed what beats said was just fer fans, i base that thought on the fact he aint stupid. reckon in house is defo the best way to deal wi stuff.
mab likes this.
Old 04-08-2013, 20:43   #87

I was pretty pleased by County's performance today but obviously aware how bonkers some early results really are.
As regards your team, I was really impressed by Webber and if the early exchanges had been different, I think the game might have been much closer.
As regards the comments by you guys about your keeper, I really didn't notice his culpability for the goals but understand where you're coming from because we had a keeper last year ( his presence coincided with our bad spell ) who stayed rooted to his line and inspired no confidence in his fellow defenders. When our 1st choice ( well the fans anyway ) was selected we were a different team.
By the way, yesterday we were missing our spine: Pidgely, James and O'Connor.
the doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 20:51   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by the doc View Post
I was pretty pleased by County's performance today but obviously aware how bonkers some early results really are.
As regards your team, I was really impressed by Webber and if the early exchanges had been different, I think the game might have been much closer.
As regards the comments by you guys about your keeper, I really didn't notice his culpability for the goals but understand where you're coming from because we had a keeper last year ( his presence coincided with our bad spell ) who stayed rooted to his line and inspired no confidence in his fellow defenders. When our 1st choice ( well the fans anyway ) was selected we were a different team.
By the way, yesterday we were missing our spine: Pidgely, James and O'Connor.
Glad your spine was missing because you'll find it missing when you visit the Crown Ground,well and truely ripped out and the team sent packing back to South Wales!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 20:54   #89
Senior Member+

I'm still gobsmacked after 1 game, people are calling for the manager to drop Ian Dunbavin (who was our best player last season up to his injury) for Dawber who so far looks absolutely rubbish and nowhere near ready.
People are assuming Dawber will progress into a league keeper; its a big assumption.
Most players don't.

Some people love knee jerking.
AccyMad and ianray like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 21:00   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I'm still gobsmacked after 1 game, people are calling for the manager to drop Ian Dunbavin (who was our best player last season up to his injury) for Dawber who so far looks absolutely rubbish and nowhere near ready.
People are assuming Dawber will progress into a league keeper; its a big assumption.
Most players don't.

Some people love knee jerking.
Is "probably" too big a word fer yeh to understand davo? Dunbavin certainly aint progressed into a league keeper, its beyond me how the hell he was retained again, As far as i'm concerned the manager aint no option but to play the donkey at this point in time.
Chubbyman likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..