Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 21:04   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Newport County

I disagree,
I use to slate Dunbavin when we first got into the league, but you cant deny he has gradually improved and is now good enough for league 2.

He is no world beater, and I don't think he is a good league 2 keeper, but certainly got enough to his game to hold his own in league 2.

And currently a country mile better than Dawber.
Lets hope Dawber does progress and goes onto play in the premiership (with Stanley!), but right now Dawber is at a push a conference north keeper.
And if I managed a conference north team, I probably wouldn't play him if I could help it.
Cant we send him to Marine for a season to get some experience?
The lad needs games, sitting on the bench will do him no good.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2013, 21:07   #92
Senior Member+

If Dunbavin was the best player at Stanley before his injury we wouldn't be in the football league now.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 21:12   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

We shall have to disagree Davo, How has he got enough to his game to hold his own in the league? Yeh he did ok last term before his injury. ok by his own poor standard, All he has to his game is the fact hes a good shot stopper, No positional sense whatsoever, Distribution is very poor, Though hes very good at shouting at defenders, when hes made n error.
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 04-08-2013, 21:16   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
If Dunbavin was the best player at Stanley before his injury we wouldn't be in the football league now.
Well we are and he was our best player upto his injury, he was in fabulous form. You have disproven your own point.

People have short memories.
Old 04-08-2013, 21:19   #95
Senior Member+

Cult Zeros Custom-made Football T-Shirts, Hoodies and Retro Memorabila

Order a t-shirt Cashman, 'get behind the team!'
Old 04-08-2013, 21:19   #96
Senior Member+

Maybe we've got it all wrong when it was thought DAV007 was JC or JB or married to one of them.....It's you isn't it Dunbavin????????
Old 04-08-2013, 21:22   #97
I am Banned

Paul rachubka's still out of contract, maybe a return for him
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 21:24   #98
Senior Member+

of course.

Sorry for having an opinion that Ian Dunbavin has progressed to be an average league 2 keeper.

An opinion most of the people on this board shared last season upto Ian's injury.
Yet somehow, after 1 game this season, he is rubbish and should be sent packing.
Nothing to do with the rubbish midfield we had yesterday, or the naivety of our central defence, or the managers inability to change the game.

And the young lad Dawber who has shown nothing so far, should be given game time in the first team.

Logic.
Old 04-08-2013, 21:24   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Glad your spine was missing because you'll find it missing when you visit the Crown Ground,well and truely ripped out and the team sent packing back to South Wales!!!
Thanks for that, not that i needed a reality check - I am a Newport County fan after all! I'm not expecting us to blaze a glorious trail through this division - staying up would be good! I wonder what the average points required are, must look it up.
Despite your post , I'm anticipating a warm welcome for us up there, ahem!

the doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 21:25   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Douglas Bader could dominate his area better.
Old 04-08-2013, 21:26   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the doc View Post
Thanks for that, not that i needed a reality check - I am a Newport County fan after all! I'm not expecting us to blaze a glorious trail through this division - staying up would be good! I wonder what the average points required are, must look it up.

Everybody gets a warm welcome here even Dingles.
Old 04-08-2013, 21:26   #102
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Better than Dunbavin, but not good enough.another keeper that can't command the box.
Old 04-08-2013, 21:27   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
I didn't think he was that good, certainly no better than Dunbavin.

Is Nicky Weaver still out of contract and living in the north west?
He is getting on, but he could do a job for a season.
Wages may be a problem, although being out of work when the season has started does help to make wage demands a bit more realistic.
Old 04-08-2013, 21:29   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Weavers playing fer Aberdeen i think?http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23322717
Old 04-08-2013, 21:29   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by the doc View Post

Always a warm welcome....50 should just about do it!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..