Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2014, 15:33   #16

Re: Newport County Match Thread...............

1 -1
JIMSLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2014, 15:52   #17

4 min added
Old 25-10-2014, 15:57   #18

1-1 well earned point
Old 25-10-2014, 16:00   #19
Senior Member+

Always take an away point. Good result.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 16:09   #20
Senior Member+

Agree smudgie,sounds like we played ok against a direct physical team.
Look forward to a few match reports
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 17:19   #21
God Member

Good point today.
But, for those who still believe there are no such things as the Voodoo Gods of Football, Stanley drop a place in the league because Satanage, who had no shots on or off target today, beat Burton !
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 20:43   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Agree smudgie,sounds like we played ok against a direct physical team.
Look forward to a few match reports
First half quite even but second half there was only 1 side in it and when young Carver came on he had them on the back foot 2 great saves from their keeper 1 ruled out for offside and then their wonder goal our keeper had no other shots to deal with. Good point against a side that have moved into the playoffs lets just hope we play as well Friday and finish any chances off and send the shrimpers home with nought again.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2014, 23:31   #23
Senior Member+

Stanley's second goal should have stood....Marcus was miles on side when Shay shot and hit the post...should have been game over.Stanley played well,all four backs were solid with Aldred just shaving MOM.Proc ,Molly and Barry had disappointing games and seemed off the pace.Things changed when McCarten and Carver came on ,suddenly it was wave after wave of Stanley pressure,looking at the match stats if doesn't give a true reflection of the game.How Coley hasn't started Shay and Marcus after the way they've been playing amazes me,he plays Barry who can't get in a lower league team and isn't match fit and leaves young Windass in the wilderness,still he's the manager and must have his reasons.Kal is sadly missed up front and hopefully when he's over his tragic loss the team can get in full flow and move on and upwards.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 09:55   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Stanley's second goal should have stood....Marcus was miles on side when Shay shot and hit the post...should have been game over.Stanley played well,all four backs were solid with Aldred just shaving MOM.Proc ,Molly and Barry had disappointing games and seemed off the pace.Things changed when McCarten and Carver came on ,suddenly it was wave after wave of Stanley pressure,looking at the match stats if doesn't give a true reflection of the game.How Coley hasn't started Shay and Marcus after the way they've been playing amazes me,he plays Barry who can't get in a lower league team and isn't match fit and leaves young Windass in the wilderness,still he's the manager and must have his reasons.Kal is sadly missed up front and hopefully when he's over his tragic loss the team can get in full flow and move on and upwards.
The 2nd goal was clearly onside when you watch the replays on The Football League show. When the ball was struck, Carver was onside by a good couple of yards, but somehow an assistant referee doesn't understand the rules of offside!! Fully agree Chubbyman, the FL show shows what a good team Stanley can be at home or on their travels.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 10:19   #25
God Member

We met a couple in the dodger pub yesterday from Cardiff she wore the Stanley colours she was originally from Clayton moved down there as a child always followed Stanley, her husband was a Cardiff fan and said in thier local Stanley was everybodies second team lovely to meet you both sorry I forgot your names hope to see you at home game some day.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 10:38   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post

Here's the proof!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B00GlcqIcAAsaGk.jpg
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 10:52   #27
Resting in Peace

A good yard onside at least. We wuzz robbed!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2014, 17:19   #28
Senior Member+

I watched The football League show this morning too which I had recorded overnight. Yes guys.......I agree about the disallowed goal......I only needed to see it once to know that the Referee's Assistant clearly got it wrong.
I replayed it in slow motion and it was even more obvious that the goal should have stood!
Sounds like a good performance on the whole and continues our recent good form.
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..