Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2015, 23:24   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Newport County Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
We deserved something from the game tonight.
At least we tried to play football,their keeper never threw the ball out to the fullbacks once and relied on the long ball and fight for the second.
Can't recall our keeper making a save,so he throws one into the net !!,unbelievable error and it killed us.
Saying that,windass turned over possession in the build up when a simple pass was on.
There was some positives,Joycy was outstanding and for me carried crooksy and windass.
Lloyd was excellent in the middle and rob was consistent all night.
Terry got nothing from their defence,which their success is obviously built on.
Not mentioning the officials,but three blatent handbills were missed,one leading to the second goal.
We more than matched a playoff side,but if you conceed nightmare goals you are going to struggle.
For me,I am not a fan of wing backs,and ours are really wingers.
We have numerous good fullbacks in the wings ,so it's a back four for me,although the defence can't be blamed tonight.
Their supporters confirmed we were the better team,but we need to keep clean sheets and score goals ,simple !!!
Young gilchrist looked sharp as well
Agree Ian,he looks the dogs doodahs ,would like to see him start or at least have a 30 minute run.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2015, 23:35   #17
Full Member+

No water in the toilets, the beer ran out 5 pints after the half time whistle, yet fans are supposed to buy bricks at £1,000 a pop to bail the club out.

No wonder the crowds are so poor, time for new leadership and a fan run club.
smudgie and fc:stanley like this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 23:42   #18

The feigning injury and time wasting from Newport was embarrassing, but if this story of racist abuse from one of our own fans is true then that person needs to hang their head in shame, no excuse for that
keep the faith likes this.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 00:23   #19
Senior Member+

Spot on F19, As much as Piero will run up and down the flank all day, I think playing him as a wing back stops him getting into positions further up the field, where he can hurt really teams even more so than he is now.

Also like to see McCartan start against Morecambe, Doesn't mind running at players, quick feet and got quite a strike on him!

I still think there are 2 teams who was worse than us in this league, KTF.
Old 28-03-2015, 06:19   #20
Senior Member+

Attended the game last night with two lads who know their football so it was interesting to listen to their take on players/set ups etc..,as they didn't know anyone.
For large periods they were impressed with Accis attempts to get the ball down and play and defensively looked solid.
It was the last third that they thought our movement was a bit slow and predictable.
I think this may have been caused by them getting plenty of bodies behind the ball and being very physical.
They thought Naismith and Pierro had good first halves and showed good touches but should be further forward ( baldy picked up on that!).
They couldn't work out what crooks role was !!,attacking midfielder??,I struggled to work it out,although he did ok.
Chrisr likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 06:56   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Saying that,windass turned over possession in the build up when a simple pass was on.
From my view he had his ankle taken not the ball. Be interesting to see if it shows anything other on the replay
Old 28-03-2015, 07:00   #22
Senior Member+

last night the most embarrassing thing, was at the end of the match, John Coleman shouting time and time again (I ain't been paid)
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 07:14   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
No water in the toilets, the beer ran out 5 pints after the half time whistle, yet fans are supposed to buy bricks at £1,000 a pop to bail the club out.

No wonder the crowds are so poor, time for new leadership and a fan run club.
We were talking about spectator facilities in the pub before the game they are shocking and don,t do anything to attract floating or away fans to return, surely a breeze block toilet setup must be better than a clapped out portacabin that,s filthy and is next door to beer and food outlet,s, let,s get our act together off the field as well as on it.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 07:30   #24
Senior Member+

"Quelle catastrophe!"
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 07:47   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
From my view he had his ankle taken not the ball. Be interesting to see if it shows anything other on the replay
Don't mind lads running with the ball Dave,but in the right areas !!,he was running across the field and had a couple of opportunities to pass before being run down.
Everyone makes mistakes,it's learning from them that counts.
Old 28-03-2015, 09:33   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I didn't think we played that badly last night,finishing once again was the problem, Newport won cos our keeper makes a great save, then seconds later throws the ball in the net, another sodding gift. I aint won over with this guy, thought previously he aint the answer fer us. Also i fail to comprehend why we have a striker on loan, who is brought on too late to make much of n impact.another tactical masterstroke imho. what bits i have seen of the lad, he looks promising, but aint at the Harry Cane level. needs a bit of game time.
Old 28-03-2015, 09:41   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I didn't think we played that badly last night,finishing once again was the problem, Newport won cos our keeper makes a great save, then seconds later throws the ball in the net, another sodding gift. I aint won over with this guy, thought previously he aint the answer fer us. Also i fail to comprehend why we have a striker on loan, who is brought on too late to make much of n impact.another tactical masterstroke imho. what bits i have seen of the lad, he looks promising, but aint at the Harry Cane level. needs a bit of game time.
Don,t know about you Cashman but this keeper is a bit aloof does,nt engage with the home fans and to be honest does,nt do anything special to me maybe try Warner against Morecambe can,t do any worse surely?.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 10:38   #28
Senior Member+

I agree Cashy,it's just of inexperience that's costing us, look at newports spine,keeper,CBs,midfield and CF , all30+ and most conference battle hardened.
Football wise we were better than them, but they were difficult to breakdown and their direct no nonsense style was typical conference football , not my cup of tea
cashman likes this.
Old 28-03-2015, 10:54   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Also thought our young un on loan from Liverpool, was very solid n has the makings of a class player.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 28-03-2015, 11:54   #30
Full Member+

Thumbs up Re: Newport County Match Thread

Whilst it is difficult to disagree with many of the points and comments raised, It has reinforced my belief that JC and JB have taken this club as far as they can. If the manager has not been paid then that is disgraceful and unacceptable. The football from us last night was an improvement on some other games but as usual we let ourselves down. The officals were very poor to say the least. However we were the better team against a poor Newport side, we should have won no excuses. I would like to know why we sign players and leave them on the bench, The Argentine player, Nicky hunt, Gilchrist. those three alone would have made a massive difference. But the Manager makes the decisions, I and many others have our own opinions on team selection but as the saying goes we live or die by our results. The table does not lie. we should have been challenging for a top spot this season. If the club can not increase the gate or raise more revenue I doubt if the gates will stay open too much longer. I will be doing all I can to help raise the profile of the club and attract investors. I would urge all our supporter to join the supporters club and attend the meetings as we need all the help we can get. Chins up and we will go again against Morcambe.
fc:stanley likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..