Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2015, 12:36   #31
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
we should have been challenging for a top spot this season. If the club can not increase the gate or raise more revenue I doubt if the gates will stay open too much longer.
I'm confused. How can we be underachieving promotion chasers and begging bowl minnows at the same time?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2015, 13:06   #32
Senior Member+

Re: Newport County Match Thread

I personally think the players we have just don't fit the wing back system.
Not a problem trying it and remolding players games,but i think we have good fullbacks,good wingers,and some just cant get a game because of the system.
If we are hesitant about losing the central area battle,try 4-3-3 or go back to our tried and tested 4-2-3-1.
i have tried to work out how to get most of our best attacking players on the park with a system what would work and its difficult !!.
Hopefully Coley works it out and we turn the corner as the teams we now have to play aren't top six so no excuses !!!
Most of the fringe lads played against a youthful Bolton team last week( behind closed doors) and got rinsed 5-1 so they also have to up their game as well to force their way back in the team.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 14:45   #33
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I'm confused. How can we be underachieving promotion chasers and begging bowl minnows at the same time?
If you can show me how many rich clubs there are in league two, I think you will get my drift. There are clubs above us with less skilled players than ours, Why is that? Other people have noticed the same problem, we have the ingredients but not the method. The top clubs are attracting better crowds because they are winning, If we were in the top six we would be getting better gates.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 14:53   #34
Resting in Peace

I fully agree, F19, about the current system and it is painfully obvious we have too many playing out of position to be viable long term. You are struggling to work out Crooks's position and I am too. Perhaps he has a free role, which confuses things even more! I think goalie and c.f. are not able to give us the spine of a good team currently. Davies with some costly bloopers and Terry struggling to make any impact after his promising start after re-joining. He is easily dominated by the usual big C.H.s and can't seem to "get" the offside rule at all. Ripe for being benched but I can't see that happening I'm afraid. It's a great shame we can't run to a proper reserve team, as one -off closed doors games are no substitute for a weekly chance for our fringe players to develop their game. I'm trying hard to KTF these days, sorry, and Choirboy and I were reduced to stunned silence driving back home last night for the first time in living memory!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 15:05   #35
God Member

Smile Re: Newport County Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I fully agree, F19, about the current system and it is painfully obvious we have too many playing out of position to be viable long term. You are struggling to work out Crooks's position and I am too. Perhaps he has a free role, which confuses things even more! I think goalie and c.f. are not able to give us the spine of a good team currently. Davies with some costly bloopers and Terry struggling to make any impact after his promising start after re-joining. He is easily dominated by the usual big C.H.s and can't seem to "get" the offside rule at all. Ripe for being benched but I can't see that happening I'm afraid. It's a great shame we can't run to a proper reserve team, as one -off closed doors games are no substitute for a weekly chance for our fringe players to develop their game. I'm trying hard to KTF these days, sorry, and Choirboy and I were reduced to stunned silence driving back home last night for the first time in living memory!
What no debate about Luke Joyce???

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 15:16   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
What no debate about Luke Joyce???
We agreed a truce last night. But if we had a MOM last night, Luke was it for me - shsssh!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 15:19   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
We agreed a truce last night. But if we had a MOM last night, Luke was it for me - shsssh!
Fer me twas a toss up between Joyce, Pierro,n the Liverpool Lad.
Old 28-03-2015, 15:50   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
How can we be underachieving promotion chasers and begging bowl minnows at the same time?
Because we're Accrington Stanley?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 15:51   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
fer me twas a toss up between joyce, pierro,n the liverpool lad.

kal ?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 15:53   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
kal ?
Nah Jones i mean.
Old 28-03-2015, 16:05   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman
I'll sit back and wait for the Messiah to ask me where my coaching
Quote:
Originally Posted by coley1957
As for your continued use of the "Messiah" analogy

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 16:13   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
No water in the toilets, the beer ran out 5 pints after the half time whistle, yet fans are supposed to buy bricks at £1,000 a pop to bail the club out.

No wonder the crowds are so poor, time for new leadership and a fan run club.
Plenty of water all over the floor in the Main Stand Superloo...as usual !. So if the Hugh Wrinalls and Sit-upons were not flushing, where did it come from I wonder ??.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 21:05   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nah Jones i mean.
No ...just saying I thought Kal played well.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2015, 23:37   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Not sure a certain member of this forum can afford to throw stones at anyone else after their misdemeanor tonight in allegedly racially abusing an opposition player - it's not big,it's not clever & it's not acceptable at Stanley!
I think this disgusting individual should be named and shamed and reported to the club for any further action. There is no room at all in todays society for such behaviour, on the sports field or anywhere else for that matter. Accymad I think if you were so upset by what you heard you should have brought it to the attention of the nearest steward. I don't quite understand why you use the term allegedly???
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2015, 09:36   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
I think this disgusting individual should be named and shamed and reported to the club for any further action. There is no room at all in todays society for such behaviour, on the sports field or anywhere else for that matter. Accymad I think if you were so upset by what you heard you should have brought it to the attention of the nearest steward. I don't quite understand why you use the term allegedly???
I didn't hear it personally which is why I said 'allegedly', for that reason I'm not going to post any details of it on here or name the person involved - enough to say I've been told that the incident has been reported & is being dealt with
keep the faith and Chrisr like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..