Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-03-2015, 17:37   #1
Senior Member+

Newport County Match Thread

Here it is then seeing nobody has started a thread.
We could really do with three points tonight in order to continue our 'plod' away from the relgation zone.
If we lose tonight we could still get dragged down into the wrong end of the division.
We need John, Jimmy, Luke, the whole team and THE SUPPORTERS TO BE ON top form TONIGHT. So that we can get those important THREE POINTS.
SO LET'S ALL GET RIGHT UP FOR THIS ONE.........
SING, SHOUT AND CLAP AND WAVE THOSE FLAGS
and we the supporters can be the TWELTH MAN and help the team on to VICTORY!
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-03-2015, 17:49   #2

Re: Newport County Match Thread

Choose Peel Park. Choose the Crown Ground.Choose Loweiys Lucky bus. Choose Leighton James being ****. Choose Bamber Bridge away. Choose 10-1 victories. Choose wonder goals at Morecambe Bay. Choose letting the Gouck out. Choose buying Danny Ventre a drink. Choose the Clayton End. Choose outsinging Newcastle. Choose awaydays. Choose paying stewards with washers. Choose the cow shed. Choose Woking away. Choose the Farsley game. Choose playing an Ice Cream Man up front. Choose Roscoe's 2 yard header. Choose beating Nottingham Forest. Choose overcoming adversity. Choose 1968. Choose upsetting the establishment. Choose Coley's decade of glory. Choose STANLEY.
Chimer, nige b and choirboy like this.
Old 27-03-2015, 17:56   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Choose Peel Park. Choose the Crown Ground.Choose Loweiys Lucky bus. Choose Leighton James being ****. Choose Bamber Bridge away. Choose 10-1 victories. Choose wonder goals at Morecambe Bay. Choose letting the Gouck out. Choose buying Danny Ventre a drink. Choose the Clayton End. Choose outsinging Newcastle. Choose awaydays. Choose paying stewards with washers. Choose the cow shed. Choose Woking away. Choose the Farsley game. Choose playing an Ice Cream Man up front. Choose Roscoe's 2 yard header. Choose beating Nottingham Forest. Choose overcoming adversity. Choose 1968. Choose upsetting the establishment. Choose Coley's decade of glory. Choose STANLEY.
I love it Alvin.....
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 20:45   #4
God Member

Squeaky bum time.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 20:52   #5
Full Member+

and you know what your next assignment is ..................
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 21:25   #6
God Member

Shocking tonight how Hunt Liddle and Barry never got minutes on the pitch is beyond me and others around me watching tonight, come on Coleman we were well beat by a poor side tonight in a poor league 2 this season in my opinion. If your plan for next season is working on a non league budget fair enough but let,s at least use the better paid more experienced players while we have them or I fear we will be going down in the non league.
AccyMad, Redraine and ianray like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 21:37   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Shocking tonight how Hunt Liddle and Barry never got minutes on the pitch is beyond me and others around me watching tonight, come on Coleman we were well beat by a poor side tonight in a poor league 2 this season in my opinion. If your plan for next season is working on a non league budget fair enough but let,s at least use the better paid more experienced players while we have them or I fear we will be going down in the non league.
Liddle can't get minutes when he's not even in the squad,the Messiah's brother was having a right go at a section of fans,peas in a pod.One thing I do know is Hunty should be on the field not the bench,just look at the stats when he's played and how many wins we've had.So I suppose I'll sit back and wait for the Messiah to ask me where my coaching badges are,if his team selection is anything to go by I'm glad I've not got them !!!
Redraine and andyd like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 21:40   #8
Senior Member+

Well just got back and I have to say, that was the poorest display by a set of officials I have ever seen. How they missed the 2 fouls by NCFC prior to the first goal I do not know. Then an alleged handball in the lead up to the 2nd (although I did not see this from my vantage point) and the outright thuggery of Newport players is beyond me. In fact, I thought I was at the DW for a few seconds watching Wigan Warriors . That said, we were poor. I thought Jones and Winnard looked like a half decent partnership with Rob Atkinson but I though Terry G and Piero looked tired tonight. Scott Davies must take the blame for the 1st goal as it went in through his legs at his near post. Coleman must learn to accept decisions though rather than berating the 4th official who can do nothing except advise those on the pitch. I also have to agree with the above post from andyd about the lack of use of Hunty, Liddle and Barry, then bringing on Gilchrist with only a couple of minutes to go seemed like an act of desperation. PS Newport players should be in rep for all the play acting they do. Rant over

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 21:42   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Liddle can't get minutes when he's not even in the squad,the Messiah's brother was having a right go at a section of fans,peas in a pod.One thing I do know is Hunty should be on the field not the bench,just look at the stats when he's played and how many wins we've had.So I suppose I'll sit back and wait for the Messiah to ask me where my coaching badges are,if his team selection is anything to go by I'm glad I've not got them !!!
Well I can show him mine for what they're worth but more to the point IMO this manager's personal agenda is affecting his decision-making.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 22:44   #10

Quote:
If you want to report any incident that involves me - then I suggest you get your facts right. I did not have a right go at a section of the fans - I merely defended my brother who was being abused by ONE individual. I was not abusive in any shape or form - I simply pointed out that there is not much you can do when you get stiffed by two poor refereeing decisions. I take exception to your peas in a pod remark and I invite you to explain yourself to me in person at the next home game. As for your continued use of the "Messiah" analogy- then that is disrespectful on a number of levels and frankly it's wearing a bit thin.

Football is a game of opinions and you are entitled to yours - but when you start being disrespectful then I will exercise my right to voice mine.

If you want to have a chat about the team - I will gladly talk to you and get your viewpoint - just come and see me. Mike Coleman.
coley1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 22:48   #11
God Member

Not sure a certain member of this forum can afford to throw stones at anyone else after their misdemeanor tonight in allegedly racially abusing an opposition player - it's not big,it's not clever & it's not acceptable at Stanley!
keep the faith and Chrisr like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 22:57   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley1957 View Post
If you want to report any incident that involves me - then I suggest you get your facts right. I did not have a right go at a section of the fans - I merely defended my brother who was being abused by ONE individual. I was not abusive in any shape or form - I simply pointed out that there is not much you can do when you get stiffed by two poor refereeing decisions. I take exception to your peas in a pod remark and I invite you to explain yourself to me in person at the next home game. As for your continued use of the "Messiah" analogy- then that is disrespectful on a number of levels and frankly it's wearing a bit thin.

Football is a game of opinions and you are entitled to yours - but when you start being disrespectful then I will exercise my right to voice mine.

If you want to have a chat about the team - I will gladly talk to you and get your viewpoint - just come and see me. Mike Coleman.

My view point was it was a lot more than one fan.....There were a few people talking about it....I have no problem making myself known to you at the next game and maybe you can explain your opinion that John And Jimmy are better than any other management team in any other league.I would say that is being disrespectful to a lot of successful management teams.Again only my opinion that I am entitled to..... And it seems we have these refereeing decisions every game.One last point respect has to be earned its not just bandied about like confetti.
Redraine likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 22:58   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Not sure a certain member of this forum can afford to throw stones at anyone else after their misdemeanor tonight in allegedly racially abusing an opposition player - it's not big,it's not clever & it's not acceptable at Stanley!
I have heard a whisper of what this "alleged" fan has "allegedly" done. If there is any truth in that whatsoever - then I don't think we will be seeing him again at the Crown.

Not only is it unacceptable at Stanley - it's unacceptable anywhere.
keep the faith and Chrisr like this.
Old 27-03-2015, 23:11   #14

Quote:
My view point was it was a lot more than one fan.....There were a few people talking about it....I have no problem making myself known to you at the next game and maybe you can explain your opinion that John And Jimmy are better than any other management team in any other league.I would say that is being disrespectful to a lot of successful management teams.Again only my opinion that I am entitled to..... And it seems we have these refereeing decisions every game.One last point respect has to be earned its not just bandied about like confetti.
Then I can only conclude that you are mistaken in your mind. I spoke directly to one person only, however as I was walking away, a guy in a wheelchair tugged at my coat - so maybe your viewpoint has included this?

How on earth do you liken my preference for John and Jimmy steering the ship to a show of disrespect to other management teams? Have I slated anyone - no?

You are grasping at straws there mate and you are wide of the mark. If you want to talk football - then as I say - come and see me, you'll find that I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to the beautiful game!
Old 27-03-2015, 23:12   #15
Senior Member+

We deserved something from the game tonight.
At least we tried to play football,their keeper never threw the ball out to the fullbacks once and relied on the long ball and fight for the second.
Can't recall our keeper making a save,so he throws one into the net !!,unbelievable error and it killed us.
Saying that,windass turned over possession in the build up when a simple pass was on.
There was some positives,Joycy was outstanding and for me carried crooksy and windass.
Lloyd was excellent in the middle and rob was consistent all night.
Terry got nothing from their defence,which their success is obviously built on.
Not mentioning the officials,but three blatent handbills were missed,one leading to the second goal.
We more than matched a playoff side,but if you conceed nightmare goals you are going to struggle.
For me,I am not a fan of wing backs,and ours are really wingers.
We have numerous good fullbacks in the wings ,so it's a back four for me,although the defence can't be blamed tonight.
Their supporters confirmed we were the better team,but we need to keep clean sheets and score goals ,simple !!!
Young gilchrist looked sharp as well
baldy, cashman, smobile and 2 others like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..