Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2018, 13:05   #1

Newport Game

Is there no way this could be streamed to the club?
Must be a lot who can't make the game. I'm sure Luton have streamed away games.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2018, 20:51   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Newport Game

Beware too of disruption on Arriva Wales trains. Do I really want to spend over three hours travelling back to Shropshire on a rail replacement bus?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 14:22   #3
Super Moderator

Games can only be streamed when an away club sells out their allocation;

We've loads left and have been offered the under covered seats behind the goal.

ASFC would be too happy if a club streamed a game which deprived us of income
maccawozzagod likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 17:42   #4

It'd be a struggle to find anyone who would choose to watch a streamed feed of this game if they could afford the time and money to attend the game in person.

If the situation was reversed and our club had a choice in the matter I would like to think we would suspend the hard-nosed-bleed-the-fan-dry attitude for one night.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 19:10   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Beware too of disruption on Arriva Wales trains. Do I really want to spend over three hours travelling back to Shropshire on a rail replacement bus?
Depends, would you want to miss Stanley securing promotion as league champions?
KiTChener likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 20:02   #6
Senior Member+

I’m assuming as before you can pay cash at the kiosk at the away end on the night ?
baldy likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 20:50   #7

Don't normally go to away games, but would like to make an exception on Tuesday.

Is there a coach organised? Can't see anything on fishy?
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 21:11   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Don't normally go to away games, but would like to make an exception on Tuesday.

Is there a coach organised? Can't see anything on fishy?
The supporters club are running one, details are on fishy site I think. If you go into the box at the top of main page & scroll down there's an away travel section. Or you can pop into the market hall shop to book, think they're setting off at 1 o'clock
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 21:19   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The supporters club are running one, details are on fishy site I think. If you go into the box at the top of main page & scroll down there's an away travel section. Or you can pop into the market hall shop to book, think they're setting off at 1 o'clock
Thanks, AccyMad, I must be thick!! Can't find the bit you are talking about, probably easier for me to call into Market Hall tomorrow!!
Old 22-04-2018, 21:58   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Thanks, AccyMad, I must be thick!! Can't find the bit you are talking about, probably easier for me to call into Market Hall tomorrow!!
KitChener this is the link to the away travel
Away Travel ? Accrington Stanley

I asked at the market hall shop on Sat. I was told that there is a coach running to Newport and there are spaces but they didn’t know if there were any tickets available as you can only purchase them at the ground office and it was closed today owing to the Wycombe away, strange thing is you can book on the coach at the market hall shop but you can’t buy a match ticket there, on the other hand you can purchase match ticket from the Stanley ground but you can’t book on the coach there, and so I have check on Monday for availability
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 22:09   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
KitChener this is the link to the away travel
Away Travel ? Accrington Stanley

I asked at the market hall shop on Sat. I was told that there is a coach running to Newport and there are spaces but they didn’t know if there were any tickets available as you can only purchase them at the ground office and it was closed today owing to the Wycombe away, strange thing is you can book on the coach at the market hall shop but you can’t buy a match ticket there, on the other hand you can purchase match ticket from the Stanley ground but you can’t book on the coach there, and so I have check on Monday for availability
Thanks, Accybeme, will call in Market Hall tomorrow!!
Old 23-04-2018, 06:40   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Depends, would you want to miss Stanley securing promotion as league champions?
No, it just means I've got to find an alternative means of transport!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 07:19   #13
Senior Member+

It would be nice if we were able to purchase match tickets & coach journey for away games together, as it is you can book on the coach but not sure of securing a match ticket or alternatively buy a match ticket then find there is no space left on the coach
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 07:39   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
It would be nice if we were able to purchase match tickets & coach journey for away games together, as it is you can book on the coach but not sure of securing a match ticket or alternatively buy a match ticket then find there is no space left on the coach
To me it makes NO sense at all.
Old 23-04-2018, 07:46   #15
Super Moderator

Will do an "explanation" another day but; defo tickets here at the ground; we're open until 5pm.

Sure there will be tickets available on the night at Newport, but will check when they open and get the information out into the public domain.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..