Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2016, 12:01   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Next Home Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
After what I have seen and read in the past 24 hours, saw the pitch on Football on 5 last night which looked very poor with quite a few brown patches, and read in the football league paper about the pitch close to being unplayable, the weather basically has to be dry for the next home game, because if it isn't I can say no ifs or buts about it the game will be postponed due to a waterlogged pitch which I won't like much as the postponement would muck up my stats as I keep the scores of league 2 fixtures so hopefully for the next home game the weather will be dry and the game will go ahead and be played in full.
Do you post messages like this on the forums of every EFL club or are we picked out for special consideration? Please ... we know you suffer from Asperger syndrome but we have now reached the stage where we have no sympathy whatsoever. If you wish to avoid abuse, you must NOT (I repeat NOT) post in this forum.
Outback Ozzy and yonmon like this.
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2016, 13:59   #17

I would like to suggest the Fans Liaison Representative should pass on his mobile number to Somerset, so he can keep him abreast of the weather and other such matters.
Old 21-11-2016, 15:15   #18
God Member

Have we misunderstood Somerset' obsession?
A keen interest in closely-cropped grass surfaces used for a ball game.
Maybe he thinks Stanley play bowls at The Crown?
Old 22-11-2016, 12:14   #19
Super Moderator

I can confirm that the pitch at the Wham is rather wet; as one would expect after the torrential rain yesterday.

In my view it's currently "playable" but glad we are away this evening.

However I'm rather concerned that there is currently a game in the EFL which has be postponed tonight.

The two teams concerned will now be resting ready for their fixtures on Saturday; whilst all the others have fixtures to complete.

I wonder if the members on here in the South West area would be able to update us on the weather conditions in that area??

Perhaps Mr Somerset has a view on these matters?
Old 22-11-2016, 15:02   #20
Senior Member+

I'm not sure if Somerset will respond, Mr T!! Being a supporter of Yeovil, he will be devastated to know that the Yeovil home game this evening has been postponed because of a waterlogged pitch. I am contemplating writing a letter to Yeovil Town to complain about this dreadful state of affairs.

But I can tell you that it has poured down all day. The Bristol Rovers pitch was inspected this morning and passed for play but I have it on very good authority that the situation could change.
AccyMad, Chimer, odders and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Revived Red; 22-11-2016 at 15:06.
Old 22-11-2016, 18:03   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I'm not sure if Somerset will respond, Mr T!! Being a supporter of Yeovil, he will be devastated to know that the Yeovil home game this evening has been postponed because of a waterlogged pitch. I am contemplating writing a letter to Yeovil Town to complain about this dreadful state of affairs.

But I can tell you that it has poured down all day. The Bristol Rovers pitch was inspected this morning and passed for play but I have it on very good authority that the situation could change.
I am contemplating writing a letter to Yeovil too saying I feel tonight's postponement is a bit of a disgrace as most of other games are on and as the rain has now stopped the game basically should be going ahead
Old 22-11-2016, 18:05   #22
Senior Member+

Just wakened up and thought I'd just visit our Forum AND spotted the name Somerset there.
Having joined others concerned for his mental state , and his apparent obsession regarding Soccer pitches with water on them, when last he infested this website, I remember the strategy of ignoring his posts completely on that occasion brought about his disappearance.
Can I suggest that we take up the same approach again and hopefully wave goodbye to his
senseless and totally meaningless ramblings !.

I join with Revived Red when he asks that Somerset refrains from airing his rubbish on our Forum, but fear,sadly, that this might not be enough to once again rid ourselves of this nuisance.

On Stanley....On ! ..to greater things !
Old 22-11-2016, 18:07   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerset View Post
i am contemplating writing a letter to yeovil too saying i feel tonight's postponement is a bit of a disgrace as most of other games are on and as the rain has now stopped the game basically should be going ahead
qed ??.
Old 22-11-2016, 18:48   #24
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Yeovil Town v Crawley Town postponed - Why covers were not used to protect pitch against Storm Angus | Somerset Live Pitch looks fine to me
AccyMad likes this.
Old 22-11-2016, 19:37   #25
God Member

Quote:
I am contemplating writing a letter to Yeovil too saying I feel tonight's postponement is a bit of a disgrace as most of other games are on and as the rain has now stopped the game basically should be going ahead
Go for it!! Let us know if you get a reply
Old 22-11-2016, 19:53   #26
I am Banned

Quote:
Really messed up my stats that game getting called off
AccyMad and Revived Red like this.
Old 22-11-2016, 20:27   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Really messed up my stats that game getting called off
And my stats too
Old 22-11-2016, 20:29   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerset View Post
and my stats too
qed??
Revived Red likes this.
Old 23-11-2016, 08:43   #29
God Member

Quote:
And my stats too
just pulled down my wall chart in the bedroom and replaced it with dark rain clouds.
Old 23-11-2016, 08:52   #30

Quote:
Hope they don't tell you to P-P OFF
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..