Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2016, 16:13   #1

Next Home Game

After what I have seen and read in the past 24 hours, saw the pitch on Football on 5 last night which looked very poor with quite a few brown patches, and read in the football league paper about the pitch close to being unplayable, the weather basically has to be dry for the next home game, because if it isn't I can say no ifs or buts about it the game will be postponed due to a waterlogged pitch which I won't like much as the postponement would muck up my stats as I keep the scores of league 2 fixtures so hopefully for the next home game the weather will be dry and the game will go ahead and be played in full.
Accrington Web
Old 20-11-2016, 16:51   #2
Full Member+

Re: Next Home Game

you will be able to put a P next to the fixture, and the game will be played later so will not muck up your stats simple eh
Old 20-11-2016, 16:59   #3

Ok if bad weather is forecast I will scribble out the fixture on the list I do
Old 20-11-2016, 17:07   #4
Senior Member+

**{somerset**** how did this wind/up artist get back on our forum?
AccyMad, Outback Ozzy and st06nc2 like this.
Old 20-11-2016, 18:21   #5
God Member

He turns up every winter and moans that the English weather spoils his spread sheet. If ever there was an argument for a summer season, he's it.
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Old 20-11-2016, 18:26   #6
God Member

You're absolutely right Somerset, the match should not have been played with that amount of water on the pitch - please would you send one of your strongly worded letters to the EFL requesting that the game be replayed at a later date when the weather is likely to be drier.
Thanks in advance
Old 20-11-2016, 18:32   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
please would you send one of your strongly worded letters to the EFL requesting that the game be replayed at a later date when the weather is likely to be drier.
Ahr aye! Not here too? This demanding re-runs. re-votes & do overs because the right result wasn't achieved "last time" is getting a tad tedious now.
Old 20-11-2016, 19:05   #8
I am Banned

Rain forecast for Monday and Tuesday, rest of week is either going to be sunny or cloudy
Old 20-11-2016, 19:23   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Ahr aye! Not here too? This demanding re-runs. re-votes & do overs because the right result wasn't achieved "last time" is getting a tad tedious now.
Just trying to appease our friend from the south, not sure if it will work - he usually only creates if we have had a game postponed, this time he's moaning even though the game went ahead but apparently the pitch wasn't up to standard & he's very concerned for next week - can't win really
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 20-11-2016, 20:41   #10
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
After what I have seen and read in the past 24 hours, saw the pitch on Football on 5 last night which looked very poor with quite a few brown patches, and read in the football league paper about the pitch close to being unplayable, the weather basically has to be dry for the next home game, because if it isn't I can say no ifs or buts about it the game will be postponed due to a waterlogged pitch which I won't like much as the postponement would muck up my stats as I keep the scores of league 2 fixtures so hopefully for the next home game the weather will be dry and the game will go ahead and be played in full.
As a big Yeovil fan that will not bother going the game, it will hardly be a major inconvenience would it? Mess up your stats, okay big trouble..
Old 20-11-2016, 21:13   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just trying to appease our friend from the south, not sure if it will work - he usually only creates if we have had a game postponed, this time he's moaning even though the game went ahead but apparently the pitch wasn't up to standard & he's very concerned for next week - can't win really
I know the game wasn't postponed but I feel it would have been better if the rain etc had held off until the final whistle because then the pitch would have looked a whole lot better which is what I want.
Old 20-11-2016, 21:32   #12

Quote:
I know the game wasn't postponed but I feel it would have been better if the rain etc had held off until the final whistle because then the pitch would have looked a whole lot better which is what I want.
Aye and if yer aunty had baws she'd be yer uncle. gies peace. Who let this clown back on the forum?
mab likes this.
Old 20-11-2016, 21:56   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
If you keep a note of the results - like the BBC does - why does it matter to you what the pitch looked like?

Or do you mark that out of 10, as well as record the score?

Old 21-11-2016, 06:18   #14
God Member

Quote:
You & me both mate - got hailed on, snowed on & rained on in the course of the day & me poor little feet were frozen but that's the British weather for you, no flippin consideration for anyone!
Old 21-11-2016, 11:32   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If yeh want a plank, go down to timberyard,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..