Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2020, 09:47   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Next season??

I truly believe there are going to be major changes in social distancing rules and opening up the economy way before season 2020-2021 starts.
The strongest rumour remains at Saturday 26 September - that a long way down the line.
By then, God willing, fans will be allowed in.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2020, 10:05   #152
God Member

Smile Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
If they dropped the distancing rule which is looking likely then we can get back towards a normality.
At least one Stanley fan has something to look forward to

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53126923

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 12:12   #153
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I truly believe there are going to be major changes in social distancing rules and opening up the economy way before season 2020-2021 starts.
The strongest rumour remains at Saturday 26 September - that a long way down the line.
What everyone needs is a firm start date then season tickets can be sold income coming in and planning can be made.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 14:43   #154
Full Member+

Quote:
No chance terraces back in Sept unless alert level is 1. Difficult to sell season tickets as it will not be announced until it happens.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 16:16   #155
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
No chance terraces back in Sept unless alert level is 1. Difficult to sell season tickets as it will not be announced until it happens.
Reduced capacity terrace easy to enforce and manage with 1 metre gap.
Think about families as well who live in same household etc...

I’m with TwentyEight. Confident of a September start to season. Announced early July time can give 10 week notice.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 16:49   #156
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post

I’m with TwentyEight. Confident of a September start to season. Announced early July time can give 10 week notice.
Nothing is "easy" to enforce will be better if the distancing thing has gone before football and other fan attended sports are back, there are "idiots" everywhere I was in waiting room at hospital other day masked up a couple of women came in sat down and started eating their pies and drinking coffee just saying will be easier if as close to normal as possible let's all hope so.
Old 21-06-2020, 17:38   #157
Full Member+

Quote:
Nothing is "easy" to enforce will be better if the distancing thing has gone before football and other fan attended sports are back, there are "idiots" everywhere I was in waiting room at hospital other day masked up a couple of women came in sat down and started eating their pies and drinking coffee just saying will be easier if as close to normal as possible let's all hope so.
I’d say my local supermarket is enforcing easily the number of people in store....

Let’s also keep in mind (excluding bar before/after) how many people you actually come in ‘close contact’ with at a game.

Government specify that as less than 2m (soon to be ) away for more than 15 mins.

I’d say less than 20.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2020, 18:00   #158
God Member

Quote:
I,m sure they will by then and they need to be for clubs to keep their finances hopefully on even keels and keep going nobody wants reduced capacity,s let's hope we get were we all want to be.
Old 21-06-2020, 18:53   #159
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post

Almost impossible to enforce unless you chain people to posts as they arrive and unlock them in order at the end of the game.

Stanley have given up enforcing the yellow hatched areas in the Clayton End a long time ago so I doubt they will bother opening it if everyone had to be 1 metre apart you would only fit 40 or less people across and a maximum of 3 deep.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 07:21   #160
God Member

According to Dave Burgess,s update yesterday on twitter to fans once they receive a start date season tickets will go back on sale at early bird price and you will be able to purchase if you wish your existing seat great no distancing round me then.
Old 22-06-2020, 07:50   #161
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1241311]

exactly. people seem to think football is going to start in a week or so. 2 metres shortly down to one. then it will still be over 10 weeks to go before that date is reached. way things are going i can see no reason to get back to normal by that date. will away fans be allowed in. well even if you have to come down to the wham and buy em physically its really impossible not to sell em to away fans. even that proof of adress thing cannot work as all stanley fans do not live in the area.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 07:55   #162
God Member

Quote:
Ian Henderson leaving Rochdale 35 years young still fit good goal scoring record especially against us good signing for anyone in league 1.
rumour has it that he was their highest earner on 3 grand a week. think his release is more a financial decision rather than his ability. he must realize he aint going to get that type of wage again.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2020, 07:58   #163
God Member

Thumbs down Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
rumour has it that he was their highest earner on 3 grand a week. think his release is more a financial decision rather than his ability. he must realize he aint going to get that type of wage again.
According to their website they offered him a new deal he turned it down will someone sign him personally would think so proven goalscorer.
Old 22-06-2020, 09:20   #164
God Member

With all that's going on talk of salary caps and reduced squads it's going to be a buyer's market with the player and agent,s power swinging towards the clubs I think, a canny manager if this happens could pick up from a bigger pool some astute bargains could be a very interesting few seasons to come.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-06-2020, 09:46   #165
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
On their fans forum quite a few Rochdale fans saying they believe it was the length of the contract and not the money saying his agents were advising him to hang out for an extra year at his age maybe a risky statagy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..