Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2020, 17:09   #346
Super Moderator

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I believe a number of league 1 clubs aren't happy about a potential 12th September start due to the expensive charge of the Covid testing upto £145 a person at present, they are hoping the guidelines might ease before then or the cost because without crowds for the majority nothing has changed.
At the minute any EFL club can return to Stage 1 training; ie no contact without any testing.
However all involved would no longer qualify for furlough; as effectively the employee would be returning to his normal work duties

Private Covid tests via EFL are £125 per test
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2020, 17:18   #347
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
At the minute any EFL club can return to Stage 1 training; ie no contact without any testing.
However all involved would no longer qualify for furlough; as effectively the employee would be returning to his normal work duties

Private Covid tests via EFL are £125 per test
Thanks for that any plans on Accy,s training return or will it be when season is officially confirmed as to a start date.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 16:39   #348
Super Moderator

Currently no plans;

Waiting on EFL updates

Expect something this week

We were working towards a start behind closed doors; but the DCMS information last week I suspect has changed things

Personnel thoughts only!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 18:27   #349
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Currently no plans;

Waiting on EFL updates

Expect something this week

We were working towards a start behind closed doors; but the DCMS information last week I suspect has changed things

Personnel thoughts only!!
I,m in agreement with you on that behind closed doors no good for anyone reduced capacity is bad enough but will have to start somewhere.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-07-2020, 22:16   #350
Senior Member+

If spectators are going to be allowed to some extent in October, I would have thought it sensible for Leagues 1 & 2 to start then and finish the season by the end of May, probably binning the Trophy for a year to reduce the pressure a bit. I just can't see how we can afford the costs of playing matches without some income from the gate.
Old 22-07-2020, 07:26   #351
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I just can't see how we can afford the costs of playing matches without some income from the gate.
doubt a couple of home and away games will bankrupt any club. it would reduce mid week games where unless its a localish derby game the gates are well down on a saturday fixture. its not just with stanley but every club at our level have the problem in getting fans in for tuesday or wednesday night games especially in colder weather.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 09:10   #352
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
doubt a couple of home and away games will bankrupt any club. it would reduce mid week games where unless its a localish derby game the gates are well down on a saturday fixture. its not just with stanley but every club at our level have the problem in getting fans in for tuesday or wednesday night games especially in colder weather.
Granted, but 1200 on a Tuesday in December beats no-one on a Saturday in September ......
Old 22-07-2020, 09:17   #353
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
I believe there are quite a few clubs against starting without crowds of any kind Accy will probably be one of them, whoever does the fixture list has their work cut out this time, with no away fans for the foreseeable Derby games could be a problem keeping opposition fans away. Cup competition,s could be axed or altered as without away fans a "big" tie loses it,s profitability.
Old 22-07-2020, 17:05   #354
Full Member+

Update on current situation for you all.....

https://onstanleyon.com/2020/07/22/t...s-at-the-wham/
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 17:15   #355
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Update on current situation for you all.....

https://onstanleyon.com/2020/07/22/t...s-at-the-wham/
Good read and thanks to those involved pretty much what I was expecting 33% if it happens is obviously better than 25%, I think the toughest thing to implement not just for Stanley are the proposed staggered entry and exit times especially in the evening. Are you say notified 2 to 2-15 for example what happens if you can,t stick to that?
Old 22-07-2020, 17:18   #356
Full Member+

Quote:
Good read and thanks to those involved pretty much what I was expecting 33% if it happens is obviously better than 25%, I think the toughest thing to implement not just for Stanley are the proposed staggered entry and exit times especially in the evening. Are you say notified 2 to 2-15 for example what happens if you can,t stick to that?
Staggered entry times to ensure limited congregation at turnstiles etc.
Take it or leave it.

The club are being as flexible as they possibly can, if people won’t adapt or aren’t happy about set time entrants. not being seated with friends etc then tough titties.
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 22-07-2020, 17:24   #357
God Member

Quote:
Staggered entry times to ensure limited congregation at turnstiles etc.
Take it or leave it.

The club are being as flexible as they possibly can, if people won’t adapt or aren’t happy about set time entrants. not being seated with friends etc then tough titties.
Charming only asking a lot with that attitude will be taking the tit.
Old 22-07-2020, 17:58   #358
Full Member+

If people can’t manage turning up at a set time, I wouldn’t have much hope they would following procedures inside the ground.
Old 22-07-2020, 18:10   #359
God Member

Thumbs down Re: Next season??

Quote:
If people can’t manage turning up at a set time, I wouldn’t have much hope they would following procedures inside the ground.
I think I made a very crucial point not everyone is single and can spend all day at a football club people have various reasons for wanting specific times for arriving and leaving, disabled, long distance travel stuck in a jam, kids to drag along I could go on but just a suggestion that this is one area that needs to be carefully looked at and not just randomly handed out and tough if it doesn't suit. Not saying it's easy but it is workable with a bit of thought about personal needs.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-07-2020, 18:12   #360
Full Member+

Quote:
I think I made a very crucial point not everyone is single and can spend all day at a football club people have various reasons for wanting specific times for arriving and leaving, disabled, long distance travel stuck in a jam, kids to drag along I could go on but just a suggestion that this is one area that needs to be carefully looked at and not just randomly handed out and tough if it doesn't suit. Not saying it's easy but it is workable with a bit of thought about personal needs.
1100 people to try and satisfy.....
I’m 100% sure provisions will be made for suitable reasons.

In fact, just seen. DB confirmed not set times. Turn up when you want. Just turnstiles will be periodically cleaned so closed for 5-10 mins.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..