Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2020, 18:51   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Next season??

Answer me this then Andy.
Why have Bradford told all three of their first team squad one one year options they are exercising that option ?
We haven't done it ?.............
I'll tell you why.
Because that leaves him with FIFTEEN in his first team squad for next year all tried and tested.
Why would he need to enter the transfer market when he can supplement this squad with his nucleus of youngsters ?
Do you consider that treading carefully ?
I think if Andy Holt said that to Coley this he'd be wetting his pants.
"Coley - you've got 12 already contracted, take up the other three on options and promote your best kids"
Wake up and smell the coffee.
There are haves and have nots.
There are speculators
There are gamblers
There are Andy Holts.
Good on him but if you think there's going to be a lower league epidemic ................
Lemins in football will never disappear.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-05-2020, 19:19   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Answer me this then Andy.
Why have Bradford told all three of their first team squad one one year options they are exercising that option ?
We haven't done it ?.............
I'll tell you why.
Because that leaves him with FIFTEEN in his first team squad for next year all tried and tested.
Why would he need to enter the transfer market when he can supplement this squad with his nucleus of youngsters ?
Do you consider that treading carefully ?
I think if Andy Holt said that to Coley this he'd be wetting his pants.
"Coley - you've got 12 already contracted, take up the other three on options and promote your best kids"
Wake up and smell the coffee.
There are haves and have nots.
There are speculators
There are gamblers
There are Andy Holts.
Good on him but if you think there's going to be a lower league epidemic ................
Lemins in football will never disappear.
He isn't signing anyone because of uncertainty nothing else not just budgets but because the EFL shivers and shakes in the shadow of the premiership praying probably for a bailout which I personally doesn't think will happen, hopefully proved wrong they are still piddling about over this season, next season could bring in salary caps squad limits, all sorts of different rules.Mcall has said his 15 man squad is badly unbalanced in his view and needs to address that but targets are unrealistic at this time due to before said scenarios unfolding. Also in his 12 contracted players he doesn't fancy a few you can bet Guthrie ex Stanley not much game time and fans don't like him going to get fiesty in next few weeks.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2020, 19:45   #33
God Member

Sorry to bore you coming back to the 12 contracted Bradford players, six played regularly this season Guthrie couldn't get in side the other five ok one is only eighteen all out on loan so would Mcall have kept them if they weren't contracted and if restricted to twenty could be very interesting.
Old 28-05-2020, 09:20   #34
God Member

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;1240553]I imagine there will be a few ‘businessmen’ about with a few bob who see this as an ideal scenario for a new toy...
All these clubs allegedly desperate for investment, players on cheap wages, great players released by clubs on a free transfer....

think there will be plenty of owners using the present situation as a get out for them. there obviously will have been winners in business during the virus but i doubt there will be that many who would want to lose part of their newly gained wealth in the bottomless pit of football.
andyd likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 10:11   #35
God Member

Smile Re: Next season??

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh:-

I’m fairly confident this is situation at moment ........

Under Contract - Savin, Sykes, Ogle,LKS, Finley, Pritchard, McConville, Bishop, Charles, Scott.

Club has option - Edwards, Johnson, Hughes, Maguire, Carvalho, Barclay, Mohammed, Doyle.

Out of Contract - Evtimov, Clark, Zanzala, ZFA, Sousa, Conneely, Watson, Rodgers.

Un-sure about youth players but imagine apart from ones above,
all expire this summer.

Perritt, Williams, Bolton, Martin, O’Neill, Gilboy.

Just to try and get back on thread, all depends on the player and ££££, but - if the price was right - I would offer Hughes, Barclay and Maguire

One has experience, one has youth and potential and Maguire has shown in patches, he can play

Still thinking about the rest

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 10:57   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh:-

I’m fairly confident this is situation at moment ........

Under Contract - Savin, Sykes, Ogle,LKS, Finley, Pritchard, McConville, Bishop, Charles, Scott.

Club has option - Edwards, Johnson, Hughes, Maguire, Carvalho, Barclay, Mohammed, Doyle.

Out of Contract - Evtimov, Clark, Zanzala, ZFA, Sousa, Conneely, Watson, Rodgers.

Un-sure about youth players but imagine apart from ones above,
all expire this summer.

Perritt, Williams, Bolton, Martin, O’Neill, Gilboy.

Just to try and get back on thread, all depends on the player and ££££, but - if the price was right - I would offer Hughes, Barclay and Maguire

One has experience, one has youth and potential and Maguire has shown in patches, he can play

Still thinking about the rest

Agree about Maguire he was just getting a run in the side nice left peg which helps at left back, plus he wasn't a loanee as seen many times with loannees at the turn of the year many seem to lose their form illustrated this season by Okupa he just seemed to me to have lost interest or his good form had got to his head.
chevyfire likes this.
Old 28-05-2020, 10:58   #37
Full Member+

Not our captain??
Finley out for what will likely be the first 8 games of next season.
Big ask finding 2 starting XI CM’s ....
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 11:30   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Not our captain??
There could potentially be 1400 out of work footballers wage demands falling patience is a viture their could well be far better than our midfield out there, which would be good because our midfield this season went missing a lot hence our league position and until the stoppage we were on a very poor run with injuries and suspensions a squad that was one of the poorer one,s John and Jimmy had assembled in a while IMHO.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-05-2020, 12:51   #39
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
There could potentially be 1400 out of work footballers wage demands falling patience is a viture their could well be far better than our midfield out there, which would be good because our midfield this season went missing a lot hence our league position and until the stoppage we were on a very poor run with injuries and suspensions a squad that was one of the poorer one,s John and Jimmy had assembled in a while IMHO.
They won’t be ending up at Accrington then.
If you think Conneely was the problem then we must be watching different games, every time he is injured we lose form and seem to pick up form when he returns.
Poor squad? With premier league loanees? And ex Prem academy players. When have we ever had that luxury?
Sometimes the mind boggles.
AccyMad likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 13:40   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes - all the midfield's fault wasn't it ?
Nothing to do with forwards who couldn't hit a barn door from 12 inches.

If you think you can replace the club captain who knows the club inside out and personally was in good form when the season came to an abrupt stall for chump change then good luck.
mab likes this.
Old 28-05-2020, 15:08   #41
God Member

Quote:
If you think Conneely was the problem then we must be watching different games, every time he is injured we lose form and seem to pick up form when he returns.
Poor squad? With premier league loanees? And ex Prem academy players. When have we ever had that luxury?
8 loanees Burzik not bad had a lot better in the past on the goalkeeper front, Okupa pick of the bunch but losing interest and form, Alese looked decent not enough game time, Diallo same not enough game time, Grant decent player came too late, Ashley Seal didn't do anything for me but again arrived late, Baker Richardson ex prem crock, Simpson never played. Some of the fringe players not good enough Sousa, Carvello, Angol, Rodgers who has lost his way big time, Edwards good experience player not picked towards the end head scratched plus all the youngsters 8 or 9 I count 22 players there who were either to young not good enough or only played due to injuries and suspensions far to big a squad of not league 1 standard that's why we struggled in a average standard league this season.
Old 28-05-2020, 15:38   #42
God Member

Quote:
Not picking on Connelly but the best bit of form and I emphasize form cause we didn't have much was in December 5 league games unbeaten 3 wins 2 draws and Mr.Conneelly played in 2 of them our last 4 games before shutdown were pretty abysmal 1 draw at Bolton a terrible display at Oxford beaten at home by Tranmere and Rochdale were incidentally that day their midfield trio of Camps, Rathbone and the excellent ex red Ryan run the show.
Old 28-05-2020, 15:42   #43
God Member

Quote:
Not picking on Connelly but the best bit of form and I emphasize form cause we didn't have much was in December 5 league games unbeaten 3 wins 2 draws and Mr.Conneelly played in 2 of them our last 4 games before shutdown were pretty abysmal 1 draw at Bolton a terrible display at Oxford beaten at home by Tranmere and Rochdale were incidentally that day their midfield trio of Camps, Rathbone and the excellent ex red Ryan run the show.
Sorry memories going it was Rotherham not Rochdale were we didn't play that bad but the Rochdale info still stands.
Old 28-05-2020, 16:49   #44
God Member

Quote:

Not our captain??

Not saying that StanleyJosh

I have looked at the options first of all

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2020, 18:39   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
You had two goes at getting his name right and got them both wrong.
Can I ask a question Andy ?
What formation do we normally play ?
Because the way you’re talking we only play with one in midfield.
Whats your view of the strikers in those games you’ve selected ?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..