Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2020, 09:25   #451
God Member

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Believe only 1 person took the club up on the offer of a partial refund on last seasons season ticket due to missed games.

Need to be able to plan a budget for next season so can't imagine the offer would be extended to new season tickets.
as a one off situation i was surprised anyone took up the offer. however if a similar situation came about next season i imagine more would want a refund. if the club stated there would be no refunds on season tickets for any reasons then it will stop some taking them up. this is on top of people having no guarentee of even getting their present seat sitting in the same vacinity as other fans who they have sat with for years.
andyd likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2020, 09:52   #452
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
as a one off situation i was surprised anyone took up the offer. however if a similar situation came about next season i imagine more would want a refund. if the club stated there would be no refunds on season tickets for any reasons then it will stop some taking them up. this is on top of people having no guarentee of even getting their present seat sitting in the same vacinity as other fans who they have sat with for years.
I agree with you on this monkey hanger I think most people were happy with a one off with not accepting a refund, we were all in uncharted territory and with no forceable income we were happy to help in a small way. This is now totally different and I think the club might be wise to come up with some various options on season ticket purchase,s, around how many games, I follow subscription etc:- , everyone has been affected in different ways with this awful pandemic and lockdown people,s finances in some families I can imagine are awful.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2020, 21:34   #453
God Member

From midnight tonight Hyndburn back on partial lockdown no meeting of two household,s indoors this to be reviewed weekly, not good shows it hasn't gone away could put a spanner in the works with football planning if people don't follow the rules.
Old 31-07-2020, 08:45   #454
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

all the knobheads will not follow the rules, its that simple to me.
Old 31-07-2020, 08:51   #455
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
all the knobheads will not follow the rules, its that simple to me.
That's why a lot of football fans will be wary of going back because knobheads as you put it aren't immune from fans that follow any club.
Old 31-07-2020, 14:55   #456
God Member

I see the pilot schemes that were lined up for testing crowds at sports events have been cancelled for the time being due to tightening of lockdown easing, needs to improve quickly or October not looking good for return of reduced crowds at football.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:47   #457
God Member

Blackburn rovers announced they won't put season ticket,s on sale until they have a guaranteed return date for fans possibility Stanley will do the same as I think it is a more sensible process than just putting them randomly on sale as some clubs have. With the government now saying that at the moment we could be at the point were we have to limit what opens next crowds back hopefully not might not be allowed back this year.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:52   #458
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Blackburn rovers announced they won't put season ticket,s on sale until they have a guaranteed return date for fans possibility Stanley will do the same as I think it is a more sensible process than just putting them randomly on sale as some clubs have. With the government now saying that at the moment we could be at the point were we have to limit what opens next crowds back hopefully not might not be allowed back this year.
I think we won'y have a guaranteed return date in advance, like all the events cancelled this weekend, even weddings on Friday where people have travelled and are already there, and being told it is off 12 hours before.

If we get a week's notice I wonder of the MD will be too busy to allow season tickets to be sold that week?

Hopefully there will be some online sale method as most already have our cards.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:29   #459
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

Hopefully there will be some online sale method as most already have our cards.
as long as its not too complicated i could live with that. not all of us are techy wizz kids by a long way. anything that needs downloaded or put on a device i do not posses like a smart phone would be a big no go for me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:40   #460
God Member

I know the government at the moment is dealing with an ever changing scenario but as far as crowds go at football or other sports they should be making a clear decision October is only an if no good to any club trying to plan, it should IMHO be yes a good for go in October or if they are so unsure about local spikes or more serious outbreaks then delay until the New Year at least you then have a clue.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:57   #461
Senior Member+

Quote:
I know the government at the moment is dealing with an ever changing scenario but as far as crowds go at football or other sports they should be making a clear decision October is only an if no good to any club trying to plan, it should IMHO be yes a good for go in October or if they are so unsure about local spikes or more serious outbreaks then delay until the New Year at least you then have a clue.
Andy,

It's just August !

Things change on the spin of a coin.

If the government knew what the situation will be in October .................

Boris Johnson is the Prime Minister not Marty McFly.
monkey hanger likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:56   #462
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Andy,

It's just August !

Things change on the spin of a coin.

If the government knew what the situation will be in October .................

Boris Johnson is the Prime Minister not Marty McFly.
Didn't say he was just saying clubs need a bit of clarity some selling season tickets and some pausing as Sunderland have and others waiting as Stanley are. Nobody usually likes paying upfront for anything if it's not guaranteed could lead to messy refund claims and the like, maybe the government will decide what they want but already saying schools have to open in September and if that is at the cost of other things being reined back they will. All I was saying it would be better prepared than having these last minute warnings as happened on Thursday evening.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:15   #463
Full Member+

People moan when changes happen further in the future. (eg. Face masks)

People also moan when changes happen with no notice. (eg. Local lockdown)

Can’t win.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 12:17   #464
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
People moan when changes happen further in the future. (eg. Face masks)

People also moan when changes happen with no notice. (eg. Local lockdown)

Can’t win.
Not moaning but bet football fans will if they have paid upfront and receive a percentage.
Old 02-08-2020, 12:19   #465
Full Member+

Quote:
Not moaning but bet football fans will if they have paid upfront and receive a percentage.
then clubs I’m sure will refund.
let’s be fair, I can’t see it being a ‘surprise’ to anyone who misses a game or a few.

Lads back training tomorrow. Not all doom and gloom.
andyd and monkey hanger like this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..