Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2020, 11:58   #496
Senior Member+

Re: Next season??

We can always remember that it was Jordan's pass to Billy that gave us that injury-time win at Kenilworth Road back in March 2018.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2020, 12:50   #497
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Although I am sad to see him go, I would never begrudge Jordan or any other player the chance to play in a higher league & of course i wish him luck BUT i do begrudge the fact that Luton were allowed to swoop in & sign a player of Jordan's calibre on a free transfer, whether that was the fault of the club or the player i don't know as I'm not privy to such information.
All I know is that if i could be objective, yes - i suppose it's a good move for him but unfortunately i'm too emotionally invested in the club to have such objectivity and the thought of him playing for Luton of all clubs is upsetting and not made any easier by reading the thoughts of their fans who on the whole seem a little underwhelmed at his arrival at Kenilworth Road, they'd just better look after him and treat him well.

I agree with your comments here AccyMad. Jordan is a great football player and he deserves his chance at a higher level. I think that we were quite lucky to have kept him last season and particularly in the January Transfer Window. I seem to remember some talk about him leaving then and suggestions that if he stayed he might not give 100% for the remainder of the season. Jordan showed what a good professional he is by continuing to give the full 100% until the lockdown finished the season.
All I can say is that Jordan has been a wonderful player for Stanley. He has thrilled us with some superb goals and even more importantly he has been a constant supplier of chances for our other players.
Good luck to Jordan in his new venture. I sincerely hope that he does well individually at his new club.
Thank you for the memories Jordan.
cashman, pifco and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 13:11   #498
Senior Member+

Wonderful gesture from Nortons Hiab:
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...rtons-sign-up/
Tin Monkey likes this.
Old 06-08-2020, 13:12   #499
Senior Member+

And a message from Clicker:
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...-to-asfc-fans/
Old 06-08-2020, 13:23   #500
God Member

Premiership voted against using the 5 substitute rule for next season.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 17:09   #501
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Although I am sad to see him go, I would never begrudge Jordan or any other player the chance to play in a higher league & of course i wish him luck BUT i do begrudge the fact that Luton were allowed to swoop in & sign a player of Jordan's calibre on a free transfer, whether that was the fault of the club or the player i don't know as I'm not privy to such information.
All I know is that if i could be objective, yes - i suppose it's a good move for him but unfortunately i'm too emotionally invested in the club to have such objectivity and the thought of him playing for Luton of all clubs is upsetting and not made any easier by reading the thoughts of their fans who on the whole seem a little underwhelmed at his arrival at Kenilworth Road, they'd just better look after him and treat him well.
Di,
Jordan was offered another deal in December 2019 which he rejected.
The club then placed him on the transfer list for the January window and wrote to all 72 clubs.
As a contracted player the club demanded a fee (quite right too) but the level of that fee was sufficient to send potential suitors running for the hills knowing his contract expired 30 June and he could be signed for nothing a matter of 6 months later.
Its no ones fault so to speak thats how the system works.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 17:42   #502
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thing is i reckon we were lucky no-one signed him in jan, fact hes gone for nowt now is no big deal to me think we got best of that.
Crown Grounder likes this.
Old 06-08-2020, 19:28   #503
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Di,
Jordan was offered another deal in December 2019 which he rejected.
The club then placed him on the transfer list for the January window and wrote to all 72 clubs.
As a contracted player the club demanded a fee (quite right too) but the level of that fee was sufficient to send potential suitors running for the hills knowing his contract expired 30 June and he could be signed for nothing a matter of 6 months later.
Its no ones fault so to speak thats how the system works.
That explains the situation in January well Twenty Eight, as I understood it.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 22:27   #504
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
No one would move to Luton no matter how much they were paid.
Must be commuting .....
Used to live in Dunstable. Pretty grim, but popping over to Luton was a good way of remembering things could have been worse ....
Old 07-08-2020, 07:21   #505
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Used to live in Dunstable. Pretty grim, but popping over to Luton was a good way of remembering things could have been worse ....
a visit to luton especially if you stop there overnight should be regarded as a must for people who constantly moan about the town they live in. a place where grim goes up another level.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:36   #506
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
a visit to luton especially if you stop there overnight should be regarded as a must for people who constantly moan about the town they live in. a place where grim goes up another level.
Harsh! You're forgetting the delights of Kenilworth Road...
https://www.pbctoday.co.uk/news/wp-c.../CrapLuton.jpg
Old 07-08-2020, 15:08   #507
Senior Member+

Salary Cap agreed.
Devil will be in the detail.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53696424
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 15:18   #508
God Member

Quote:
Salary Cap agreed.
2.5 million pounds for league 1 teams still way above Stanley's budget but voted in by 16 teams so must be popular amongst the majority wether it makes it a more competitive league remains to be seen.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 16:37   #509
God Member

Quote:
Salary Cap agreed.
Some bloke on Facebook just posted that the salary cap could help Wigan because as he put it "If you were on the same money who would you rather play for Accrington Stanley or Wigan"?
Have to say my hackles rose at this so answered him with "It depends whether you want to play for a well run club whose finances are ok or Wigan"
I await his reply . . . . . . . .
MikeA and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 16:40   #510
God Member

Presumably he places rugby league?
AccyMad likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..