Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2020, 09:05   #616
God Member

Re: Next season??

Another trip to QPR?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53909293
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2020, 11:06   #617
God Member

Season tickets on sale to present ticket holders from next Tuesday.
choirboy likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2020, 11:14   #618
God Member

Just read article on fishy site, I know these restrictions have to be in place but it all sounds a bit clinical - the atmosphere is certainly going to be affected with just a small number of fans in each stand, 1535 capacity sounds ok but when it's split like it has to be between the 4 stands it doesn't sound so good.
Not criticising at all, the club are doing their utmost but it just makes for sad reading
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2020, 11:15   #619
God Member

Capacity set at 1535 untill further notice season ticket holders only using all 4 sides of ground, streaming of behind closed doors games available.
Old 26-08-2020, 11:17   #620
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just read article on fishy site, I know these restrictions have to be in place but it all sounds a bit clinical - the atmosphere is certainly going to be affected with just a small number of fans in each stand, 1535 capacity sounds ok but when it's split like it has to be between the 4 stands it doesn't sound so good.
Not criticising at all, the club are doing their utmost but it just makes for sad reading
I know what you mean but we are better off than a lot last season's average attendance was 2862 take off away average of around 800 and depending on if we sell the 1535 we won't be far off normal home attendance about 500.

Last edited by andyd; 26-08-2020 at 11:22.
Old 26-08-2020, 12:25   #621
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its the way things are, no good bothering can do sod all about things live with it.its better than behind closed doors in my view.
andyd and monkey hanger like this.
Old 26-08-2020, 12:34   #622
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its the way things are, no good bothering can do sod all about things live with it.its better than behind closed doors in my view.
Of course it is & agree, we just have to get on with things but can't help not having the same excitement I usually have at the start of a new season, everything just seems so (for want of a better word) diluted & it's sad
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2020, 12:46   #623
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Of course it is & agree, we just have to get on with things but can't help not having the same excitement I usually have at the start of a new season, everything just seems so (for want of a better word) diluted & it's sad
to be honest di i aint sad, just glad i will be able to get in the wham.
Old 26-08-2020, 18:51   #624
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Why start selling on Tuesday 1st when those that work can't get to the ground for renual of ST, wouldn't Monday have been a better day to start for those that are off work with it being a Bank Holiday.. Just saying 😊
cashman likes this.
Old 27-08-2020, 06:31   #625
God Member

Mab, its because admin staff had been furloughed and their return date is tuesday
Old 27-08-2020, 07:49   #626
God Member

Quote:
i,m in the same boat or dinghy as you on this. infact if we did sell the whole capacity as season tickets we will not get the maximum available capacity for hardly any game. know round where i sit there is quite a few that miss all midweek games whilst others have holidays during the season. there will be some fans also that only go to occasional games but due to their financial position are able to buy a season ticket. just hope some of these fans who know they will miss a large number of games give it a swerve this season for fans who may never get the chance to watch a game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2020, 08:02   #627
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i,m in the same boat or dinghy as you on this. infact if we did sell the whole capacity as season tickets we will not get the maximum available capacity for hardly any game. know round where i sit there is quite a few that miss all midweek games whilst others have holidays during the season. there will be some fans also that only go to occasional games but due to their financial position are able to buy a season ticket. just hope some of these fans who know they will miss a large number of games give it a swerve this season for fans who may never get the chance to watch a game.
I think the club have probably thought long and hard on this one and to be fair IMHO they have got it spot on its the fairest way loyalty card holders can't renew at present but could invest in a ticket, as for walk on,s that's what they are for whatever reason they choose to do that but they can purchase a ticket if they so wish. You can't please everyone in these uncertain times hopefully full crowds will be back sooner rather than later and hopefully most people will return.
cashman likes this.
Old 27-08-2020, 10:40   #628
God Member

think the club cannot be criticised at all. its fellow fans that might eventually be. buying a season ticket they,ll hardly use whilst other fans cannot purchase a match day ticket. even if fans tell the club that they cannot attend they will not sell your seat on. told someone at the club in our last promotion season that i was unable to attend a late season home game but was told they could not re sell my seat.
Old 27-08-2020, 10:45   #629
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think the club cannot be criticised at all. its fellow fans that might eventually be. buying a season ticket they,ll hardly use whilst other fans cannot purchase a match day ticket. even if fans tell the club that they cannot attend they will not sell your seat on. told someone at the club in our last promotion season that i was unable to attend a late season home game but was told they could not re sell my seat.
But whose to say that any usual "casual"fan will take up the option of a season ticket, I personally might miss some has could be having another operation but will always buy my ticket even if I couldn't attend my way of contribution to the club.
Old 27-08-2020, 10:53   #630
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1243898s hopefully full crowds will be back sooner rather than later and hopefully most people will return.[/QUOTE]

think this could become a problem for all clubs especially the ones having a bad season. attending games is habit forming at times and longer people cannot attend then the bigger the chance of em getting out of the habit and moving on to other interests that nowadays are a plenty. unfortunetly stanley and others have no say in any of this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..