Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree340Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2020, 11:33   #631
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Next season??

i think many small clubs will suffer with this sadly.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-08-2020, 11:35   #632
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think many small clubs will suffer with this sadly.
the big guns probably will get away with it cos dickheads go anywhere.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2020, 12:43   #633
Full Member+
 

Re: Next season??

If you can't make the game you should be able to sell your tickets on an exchange to other fans, you get back your pro-rata amount and the club keeps the difference. This would be a win-win, but would be problematic in the seating areas if a households has 2 or more together and wants to sell one it would not work.

With gaps needed between seats teh capacity would not really be known until the deaman is known, as of households buy single seats there need to be more gaps.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2020, 13:34   #634
God Member
 

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
If you can't make the game you should be able to sell your tickets on an exchange to other fans, you get back your pro-rata amount and the club keeps the difference. This would be a win-win, but would be problematic in the seating areas if a households has 2 or more together and wants to sell one it would not work.

With gaps needed between seats teh capacity would not really be known until the deaman is known, as of households buy single seats there need to be more gaps.
I assume unfortunately that season tickets only is probably a lot to do with track and trace the club has all your details so can't really start swapping and changing unfortunately.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2020, 17:00   #635
Full Member+
 

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I assume unfortunately that season tickets only is probably a lot to do with track and trace the club has all your details so can't really start swapping and changing unfortunately.
If they are sold through a club controlled site then the club will know who they have gone to.

Unless there are ID checks at turnstiles the club won't stop people going on other's tickets.
cashman likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2020, 07:24   #636
God Member
 

Re: Next season??

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1243914]If you can't make the game you should be able to sell your tickets on an exchange to other fans,

no, just let them being available from yhe club to another fan who pays for it. surely its not difficult to get intouch with the club and give em your name, address and seat number to re sell to another fan.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2020, 10:09   #637
Full Member
 

Re: Next season??

Maybe one for Mark

But what was the season ticket sales total last season ?
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2020, 10:59   #638
God Member
 
VALAIRIAN's Avatar
 

Re: Next season??

About 1100 I believe, Loyalty Cards included, somebody will have the exact number

__________________
JCFG

17 Years in the Football League

1183 - IT IS COMING!!!!!

308
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2020, 08:50   #639
Super Moderator

 
Mr T's Avatar
 

Re: Next season??

As of 30th Sept we had sold 1295 season tickets, this figure includes loyalty card holders.
I can't remember if we sold any half season tickets; hopefully not as they sadly would have been very poor value!!

The whole point of ST's only is to satisfy the requirements of track and trace and to stop away fans attempting to buy any spare tickets.

At today's test event at Brighton stewards will be asking supporters for photo ID to ensure the person who has purchased the ticket is indeed the person using the ticket.
andyd likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 10:21   #640
Full Member
 

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
As of 30th Sept we had sold 1295 season tickets, this figure includes loyalty card holders.
I can't remember if we sold any half season tickets; hopefully not as they sadly would have been very poor value!!

The whole point of ST's only is to satisfy the requirements of track and trace and to stop away fans attempting to buy any spare tickets.

At today's test event at Brighton stewards will be asking supporters for photo ID to ensure the person who has purchased the ticket is indeed the person using the ticket.
Ok Mark Thanks

So given that figure and the available capacity other than trying to drive actual ST sales whats the thinking behind the decision not to sell loyalty cards.

Surely an online sale with a L.C. is just as secure Covid wise as someone who has bought a season ticket.

And given the available capacity if full ST sales only stay in line with last year do you think the LC will be reintroduced to drive another 2 or 300 sales for each game as i would imagine that money would come in quite useful? and would be a big help to those of us who arent able to comit to attending enough games to make a ST viable.

And now its been clarified that away fans or not is an individual clubs decicion and are not banned under the Covid regulations if season ticket [ and possibly LC sales ] dont take up more than the capacity of the 3 other stands are the club considering allowing away fans to take up the option of buying tickets for the Coppice ?

The reason i ask this is because i feel if half a dozen clubs were to push ahead and do this it would result in us all being able to get back to normal sooner rather than later as it would then just happen naturally as clubs felt comfortable to do so and not take some big decision which we all know the FL would just fudge and procaviate over in case it went wrong and they were to get the blame.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2020, 12:59   #641
Full Member+
 

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Ok Mark Thanks

So given that figure and the available capacity other than trying to drive actual ST sales whats the thinking behind the decision not to sell loyalty cards.

Surely an online sale with a L.C. is just as secure Covid wise as someone who has bought a season ticket.

And given the available capacity if full ST sales only stay in line with last year do you think the LC will be reintroduced to drive another 2 or 300 sales for each game as i would imagine that money would come in quite useful? and would be a big help to those of us who arent able to comit to attending enough games to make a ST viable.

And now its been clarified that away fans or not is an individual clubs decicion and are not banned under the Covid regulations if season ticket [ and possibly LC sales ] dont take up more than the capacity of the 3 other stands are the club considering allowing away fans to take up the option of buying tickets for the Coppice ?

The reason i ask this is because i feel if half a dozen clubs were to push ahead and do this it would result in us all being able to get back to normal sooner rather than later as it would then just happen naturally as clubs felt comfortable to do so and not take some big decision which we all know the FL would just fudge and procaviate over in case it went wrong and they were to get the blame.
If Stabley don't sell out, which there is a very good chance of, a section of the Whinney Hill would be more feasible for away fans - however why not have the extra capacity for Loyalty Card holders who are easier to track and trace?

Hopefully all this is short term, but I see it going on until after we see how the UK copes with COVID-19 in early winter months.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:22   #642
Full Member
 

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
If Stabley don't sell out, which there is a very good chance of, a section of the Whinney Hill would be more feasible for away fans - however why not have the extra capacity for Loyalty Card holders who are easier to track and trace?

Hopefully all this is short term, but I see it going on until after we see how the UK copes with COVID-19 in early winter months.
Strong rumours now [ and some evidence from within various clubs ] that clubs need to do a test event at 15% of capacity and if no problems can then move on to stage one [ 20 to 30% ] and after one succesfull game at that stage can move on to the next one at 50% including sales to non season ticket holders.
monkey hanger likes this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:19   #643
God Member
 

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Strong rumours now [ and some evidence from within various clubs ] that clubs need to do a test event at 15% of capacity and if no problems can then move on to stage one [ 20 to 30% ] and after one succesfull game at that stage can move on to the next one at 50% including sales to non season ticket holders.
sounds a good idea to me. a lot of it is up to the fans who attend games to behave themselves and follow all the club rules no matter how stupid or pointless they feel about them. clubs can do so much but at the end of the day its the fans who will make the decision on the percentages we can allow in. a lot who decide to behave as dickheads would quickly close any ground.
cashman, pifco and andyd like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 17:02   #644
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: Next season??

The slim chance of any money filtering down from the Prawn (Sandwich) League to help out Leagues 1 and 2 may have just got even slimmer...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54014827
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 17:29   #645
God Member
 

Re: Next season??

Tomorrow's game on IFollow will be split financially down the middle between Burton and Stanley, don't know if this is because it's a cup game or not because I presume league games the majority will go to the home side. So if 5000 subscribe for tomorrow that's 25000 each.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:38.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.50320 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1