Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2020, 15:26   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Well when the fixtures come out let's hope the Bolton games don't get scheduled for early on.

Christmas and Easter would look good to me
Erm .......... they're relegated mate !!!
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-06-2020, 15:28   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Erm .......... they're relegated mate !!!
See theyve got me at it now

of course they are
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 15:29   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Andy Holt just said he thinks it's the right decision to curtail the season and can now get on with contracts and sorting for when ever next season starts. He adds that he doesn't want to see this behind closed doors as football is for fans and their communities and looks forward to a packed Wham on the return I for one wholeheartedly agree with him.
Boris will decide no one else !
Old 09-06-2020, 15:37   #79
God Member

Quote:
And if Boris decides to make football at all levels go ahead behind closed doors then he,s wrong, hopefully this distance rule will disappear and we can get the country back earning money again so we can spend, spend and spend again ps:- but not to much on players.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 16:05   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
I take it you mean Dominic...
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 16:22   #81
God Member

Boris can't even decide whether to brush his own hair
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 16:31   #82

Quote:
Do you really think so ?

Seems to me you just kick off a bit and shout very loud and you get what you want.

Boris and Co know they've screwed the whole thing up so I think it's now more a case of just not ****ing anyone else off.

NL supposedly going to ask the FA to ask the gov't to be allowed to play with a 500 socially distanced crowd limit.

My guess is pretty soon they will start creating exceptions where the distance will be cut to the WHO.s 1m rather than 2m i would imagine they'll start with pubs cafes and restaurants but if the same was applied to non-league grounds then crowds of 500 are realistic.
andyd likes this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 16:47   #83
God Member

Quote:
Do you really think so ?

Seems to me you just kick off a bit and shout very loud and you get what you want.

Boris and Co know they've screwed the whole thing up so I think it's now more a case of just not ****ing anyone else off.

NL supposedly going to ask the FA to ask the gov't to be allowed to play with a 500 socially distanced crowd limit.

My guess is pretty soon they will start creating exceptions where the distance will be cut to the WHO.s 1m rather than 2m i would imagine they'll start with pubs cafes and restaurants but if the same was applied to non-league grounds then crowds of 500 are realistic.
New Zealand today officially came out of lockdown keeping borders shut but announced when rugby season starts not sure when but full crowds allowed from the start.
Old 09-06-2020, 17:00   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
Do you really think so ?

Was that second comment general or about me mate ? Haha !
How do you decide who can attend and who cannot if the limit is say 500 in League One ?
How many season ticket holders do we have ?
Also will need to make provision for away supporters ?

As I said earlier I think season start will be end of September by which time I think we'll be ok to attend.
Old 09-06-2020, 17:23   #85
Full Member+

Maybe the club will get enough water to the toilets for hand washing when football does return

I do not like the way it is going with clubs getting fans to sign up for season tickets with the promise of a virtual pass for games where fans aren't allowed. When it does reopen on a phased basis the standing area which are harder to control will be the last to open.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 17:50   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Maybe the club will get enough water to the toilets for hand washing when football does return

I do not like the way it is going with clubs getting fans to sign up for season tickets with the promise of a virtual pass for games where fans aren't allowed. When it does reopen on a phased basis the standing area which are harder to control will be the last to open.
That is why you would think the comman sense approach especially away from the money dictates premiership is to start only when full crowds are allowed, hopefully sooner rather than later but patience is a virtue worth exorcising in this case.
Old 09-06-2020, 18:13   #87
Full Member+

Quote:
That is why you would think the comman sense approach especially away from the money dictates premiership is to start only when full crowds are allowed, hopefully sooner rather than later but patience is a virtue worth exorcising in this case.
Easy to say that Andy, but what if crowds can’t fill grounds until next year??

I agree with Twenty Eight that I think it will be September/October time when fans can start attending, but what if not?!
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 18:30   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Easy to say that Andy, but what if crowds can’t fill grounds until next year??

I agree with Twenty Eight that I think it will be September/October time when fans can start attending, but what if not?!
I also think September is dependent on no resurgence of the virus what the government maybe thinking especially after today's announcement regarding all school pupils to return September.As for no crowds and starting behind closed doors we are were we are now no income no point playing although it will be worse another 3 months down the line. This is why I think the EFL rather than the pussyfooting about they have been doing to reach the conclusion today that was pretty much obvious to most fans already they should be concentrating all their efforts into ideas for next season because of the uncertainty.
Old 09-06-2020, 18:39   #89
Full Member+

Quote:
I also think September is dependent on no resurgence of the virus what the government maybe thinking especially after today's announcement regarding all school pupils to return September.As for no crowds and starting behind closed doors we are were we are now no income no point playing although it will be worse another 3 months down the line. This is why I think the EFL rather than the pussyfooting about they have been doing to reach the conclusion today that was pretty much obvious to most fans already they should be concentrating all their efforts into ideas for next season because of the uncertainty.
EFL haven’t been pussy footing, was up to clubs as prem, champ and League 2 all managed to sort themselves.

So going back to next season not starting until January, how do we pay players until then?
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 18:54   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
EFL haven’t been pussy footing, was up to clubs as prem, champ and League 2 all managed to sort themselves.

So going back to next season not starting until January, how do we pay players until then?
Without crowds no idea in fact some clubs at our level struggle to pay with them I don't know ask the EFL they might have some ideas on out scourced funding but what I think might happen if clubs haven't some clear idea of a time with crowds or other funding they will sure start tearing contracts up and fire players off, they aren't immune from redundancy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..