Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2020, 14:39   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Next season??

Why would it alarm me ?
Isn't that what we've always tended to do ?
As for the list of those released there are no shocks.
By inference then does it mean the club is opening discussions with the rest that are out of contract and those under option ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2020, 14:49   #107
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Discussions are already happening with FSA regarding how many people clubs can get into grounds social distancing. Clubs want fans back. Government want fans back.
For what it's worth, people within football I've spoke too - September is the target.
Getting the same vibe Josh.
Ironically I've been told by someone at a League One club today they've been tasked with coming up with a figure and a plan to use open terracing only not seats that allows sufficient space for social distancing around the 2 metre rule and what difference it makes if distancing was reduced to 1 metre.
End of September looks a realistic target to me.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 14:54   #108
God Member

Rick Parry has just announced that the threat of clubs going bust hasn't gone away and after weeks of trying to sort out this season attention turns to the £200 million financial black hole that will be reached by September if past actions are out to go on good luck with this one.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 14:57   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Getting the same vibe Josh.
Ironically I've been told by someone at a League One club today they've been tasked with coming up with a figure and a plan to use open terracing only not seats that allows sufficient space for social distancing around the 2 metre rule and what difference it makes if distancing was reduced to 1 metre.
End of September looks a realistic target to me.
How many clubs just asking before I look have terraces?
Old 10-06-2020, 15:09   #110
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
How many clubs just asking before I look have terraces?
Correct me if I am wrong league 1 six clubs league 2 nine clubs with some terraces rest all seater stadiums not a bad idea but could be costly.
Old 10-06-2020, 15:55   #111
Senior Member+

Our away fans would be able to social-distance at many of the clubs we play against.
andyd and Twenty Eight like this.
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 16:08   #112
Full Member+

NEWS: from their official twitter, Stanley have released Phil Edwards, Erico Souza, Wilson Carvalho, Dimi Evtimov and Zane Francis-Angol
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 16:30   #113
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Apparently Dan Jewell spoke to John Coleman yesterday any new recruits will be last minute and not before any definite start date for next season....
Sounds familiar. Whatever happened to the ‘new normal’?
cashman and andyd like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 19:43   #114
Full Member+

I have never seen such disgusting language on Accy Web before, how anyone can actually use the words Bob Lord and not get banned is beyond belief.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:29   #115
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Discussions are already happening with FSA regarding how many people clubs can get into grounds social distancing. Clubs want fans back. Government want fans back.
For what it's worth, people within football I've spoke too - September is the target.
september is the date i,ve been thinking about for weeks now. there has been talk about moving the 2 metres to 1. add this on to another 10 to 12 weeks time we hopefully can get back. the main problem clubs will all have is at the end of games when the majority all go out together.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 09:01   #116
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
september is the date i,ve been thinking about for weeks now. there has been talk about moving the 2 metres to 1. add this on to another 10 to 12 weeks time we hopefully can get back. the main problem clubs will all have is at the end of games when the majority all go out together.
There is talk this morning on Boris putting pressure on about getting shut of distancing altogether to get schools back and the economy moving has to happen.
Old 12-06-2020, 13:34   #117
God Member

Looking like the next big debate for the EFL to chew over is clubs willingness to go along with a closed doors start to the season reports already circulating are a growing consensus among league 1 clubs to wait for full stadiums, amongst these is our very own Mr.Holt.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 12-06-2020, 15:16   #118
God Member

Closed doors? Closed minds more like.
Why don’t theatres open to empty auditoriums, or cinemas show films to an empty room? Or shopping malls force shops to be fully staffed for 10 hours but then keep the doors into the malls locked.

Unless there is recompense for the lost income why should a club/business incur a financial loss just to conform to some idiotic seasonal schedule when it’s not viable.

However, I suspect by September (which I am quite happy to see reinstated as the sensible start of a footie season) things will be less insane than they have been for the last four months.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 19:43   #119
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Closed doors? Closed minds more like.
Why don’t theatres open to empty auditoriums, or cinemas show films to an empty room? Or shopping malls force shops to be fully staffed for 10 hours but then keep the doors into the malls locked.

Unless there is recompense for the lost income why should a club/business incur a financial loss just to conform to some idiotic seasonal schedule when it’s not viable.

However, I suspect by September (which I am quite happy to see reinstated as the sensible start of a footie season) things will be less insane than they have been for the last four months.
They do, see Accy Vue.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2020, 07:31   #120
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1241067reports already circulating are a growing consensus among league 1 clubs to wait for full stadiums,

well they,ll all have a long wait for that full stadium thing. young stanley fans have seen more of these than those at the mighty coventry have seen.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..