Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2015, 14:15   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Nicky Hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Does Maguire actually know where the box is? Fox my arse.
My thoughts exactly !...doubt whether the West Ham Wunderkind would actually fit anywhere in the current squad !.
From which you can deduce that I really don't rate him much .
DAV007 likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-02-2015, 17:42   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Think it was Shaker,but he looked like a duck out of water and wasnt tried there again.
I think Gornell will be key,but he will probably need 4/5 games to get upto speed.If he holds it up and brings others into play the team will benefit massively.
Its the three behind him that troubles me.
Naismith and Piero stay wide most of the time,but for me most of their best work/attempts on goal come when we get them into central areas,hence my comment on playing narrow.
Look at Northamptons "wingers",they were excellent,but not once did they stay wide and get to the byeline,just looked to tuck in and run off Richards and O Toole.
Naithsmith is at his most dangerous coming in from the right at pace and getting it on to his left foot.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 17:44   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I think Gornell will be key,but he will probably need 4/5 games to get upto speed
have we got 4/5 games spare? If we haven't picked up any points in 4/5 games time we'll be in the relegation scrap for sure
yonmon likes this.
Old 04-02-2015, 18:34   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
have we got 4/5 games spare? If we haven't picked up any points in 4/5 games time we'll be in the relegation scrap for sure
Fair point macca,but he's going to be rusty that's for sure !
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 21:44   #20
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Does Maguire actually know where the box is? Fox my arse.
He did get the pen for us against the cobblers After been put throu and bearing down on goal Cashy
cashman likes this.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:33   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
He did get the pen for us against the cobblers After been put throu and bearing down on goal Cashy
Good job he did get the pen because my mates on the Clayton End thought he wasn't going to beat the keeper. Mind you, Joyce did his best to miss too!
mab likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:45   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Yeh he got lost i thought.
mab likes this.
Old 05-02-2015, 16:05   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yeh he got lost i thought.
You know how sometimes you get the feeling ..." That lad'll never make a footballer as long as he's got a hole in his "..I forget how it goes !. Well I think we've got one in this West Ham Wunderkinde !.
I do hope I'm wrong ....But !.
Old 05-02-2015, 17:16   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
You know how sometimes you get the feeling ..." That lad'll never make a footballer as long as he's got a hole in his "..I forget how it goes !. Well I think we've got one in this West Ham Wunderkinde !.
I do hope I'm wrong ....But !.
I think that's pretty harsh. IMO the lad can play, he's just not a centre forward and he's not better than what's at the club already. Also all our attacking players are going to be up against it with Coalmans 'style' of play, ie 7 passes across the back then a hopeful ball towards the forwards.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 18:43   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
I think that's pretty harsh. IMO the lad can play, he's just not a centre forward and he's not better than what's at the club already. Also all our attacking players are going to be up against it with Coalmans 'style' of play, ie 7 passes across the back then a hopeful ball towards the forwards.
I would agree with this and it's not just him. Some loan players are played out of position and are no better than what we have so why bother.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 18:52   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What i can't grasp, is why loan any young un, then play him outa position? unless the lads a superman, then it can only do him harm if he fails? imho.
Old 05-02-2015, 20:04   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
As I said Frank, just a feeling I have, and if his below par contributions to recent games have been due to our esteemed Manager not being able to find a position for him to exhibit any skills which he might use on t'Stanley's behalf, then this too is a situation worthy of some criticism !.
Alfred.E says that I can be a bit harsh at times, a personality trait that I honestly wasn't aware of, but will strive hard to subdue !.
FrankMoody likes this.
Old 06-02-2015, 16:01   #28
Full Member+

I fail to see the logic of some player movements and the managers thinking. I am not a coley hater or any other staff hater. I wonder if bringing him back was a good move, He does not seem to be able to change a game like the opposition can. When we were playing well we could beat anyone in our league. Now why we can't play like this every week? we have enough fire power to win games but we seem to leave our substitutions too late. I don't think we will go down but neither will we go up with the current style of play we offer. We do need some leadership both on and off the field. Why James gray does not feature more often is a mystery, Nicky hunt has a lot to contribute and he would make a great coach. I am not sure about some of the signings we have made will be good enough for the challenge ahead.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..