Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2012, 16:35   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

No Plymouth Match Thread?

Such a pity, a damn good display today certainly deserved one, Dunno what Leams said to this lot, but its sure as hell worked, Looking forward to Bradford Boxing Day, If i live to be 100 i reckon i'll never see again Rovers Off,Stanley On. sure made a big difference to the gate Wi Rovers @ Brighton fans Ta very much people,sure yeh enjoyed the game.
Old 22-12-2012, 16:42   #2
Senior Member+

Re: No Plymouth Match Thread?

Rovers being off certainly helped the gate. A lot of Brighton fans came on.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 17:03   #3
Super Moderator

So what's with the red card controversy at the end? He gave two cards, but only our keeper walked?
Old 22-12-2012, 17:04   #4
Senior Member+

So someone (Cashy?) do tell - red card for our keeper but no last-minute penalty?
Old 22-12-2012, 17:05   #5
Senior Member+

Snap!!
Old 22-12-2012, 17:08   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
So someone (Cashy?) do tell - red card for our keeper but no last-minute penalty?
Keeper saved a shot, Plymouth forward followed up(for the 3rd time in the match) and keeper reacted. 2 red cards were definitely shown!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 17:15   #7
Super Moderator

Seems strange...never mind, from the way Dan was reporting on t'fishy site and what Cashy's said, sounds like we're really shaping up. Great gate - if only there was no Rovers!
Old 22-12-2012, 17:24   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Seems strange...never mind, from the way Dan was reporting on t'fishy site and what Cashy's said, sounds like we're really shaping up. Great gate - if only there was no Rovers!
I think it was the Brighton fans that swelled the gate. I was stood next to a few on the Clayton end. And there was quite a few with the Plymouth fans at the other end.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 17:31   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Was a fair lot of Rovers Fans opposite end of Clayton End To Us Bernard.As well as the 2 reds shown, the officials were utterly useless all 90 mins, The Plymouth goal should never have stood, The cowshed linesman missed 2 obvious handballs in Plymouth area, as well as one touchline handball early doors which the clown was less than 3Ft away looking straight at the Plymouth Player, I know its the Panto season but riduculous. would think only the Plymouth Fans can answer the 2 reds question, we certainly saw 2 shown n only one walk, but too far away fer us to know the score unless they show it tonight on telly.

Last edited by cashman; 22-12-2012 at 17:34.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 17:34   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
It was a much improved performance from the Reds over the Wycombe game, though you have to remember that Plymouth are struggling at the mo. Plymouth's keeper must have made at least 6 outstanding saves, which makes a change as we haven't been working the opposition keeper much for many a game. Beattie was very close to bagging a hat trick with two sharp efforts whizzing past the post with the keeper nowhere. He got MOM but for me, once again Lee Molyneux was our stand out player with his penetrating runs and decent crosses. However, our big failing is that our central midfielders very rarely bust a gut to get into the box and so many of our crosses go unrewarded.
A very enjoyable game though, and I was very pleased to applaud the lads at the end this week!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 17:43   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

We were told yon lad in goal fer em is 3 rd choice keeper? the other 2 must be cracking players.
Old 22-12-2012, 18:49   #12

Much better display all round today compared to last Saturday. Think Beattie's presence helps as balls up to him stick, his link up play is good and his reputation makes defenders think. Agree Molyneux played well and Joyce was close behind. We created good chances today and on-target ratio was good. Referee definitely showed two red cards and think the club ought to query that one with the football league and I thought he struggled to keep up with play throughout the game. Still don't think we move defenders about enough in the box from our short corner routines. Much improved, but ought to be taking 3 points from games and teams like that.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 19:10   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
Much better display all round today compared to last Saturday. Think Beattie's presence helps as balls up to him stick, his link up play is good and his reputation makes defenders think. Agree Molyneux played well and Joyce was close behind. We created good chances today and on-target ratio was good. Referee definitely showed two red cards and think the club ought to query that one with the football league and I thought he struggled to keep up with play throughout the game. Still don't think we move defenders about enough in the box from our short corner routines. Much improved, but ought to be taking 3 points from games and teams like that.
Agree twas much better, Tis very difficult to take 3 pts anywhere though when the officials are that inept.Also think Plymouth are similar to us, A better side than the position shows.
Old 22-12-2012, 19:33   #14

Cashy, we had enough good chances to win that game but for a great display from their keeper. How many times have we seen free kicks scored from a bad decision to give a foul?
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 19:41   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
Cashy, we had enough good chances to win that game but for a great display from their keeper. How many times have we seen free kicks scored from a bad decision to give a foul?
Oh i agree, was great to see balls driven into the box n corners taken long in the main, the Plymouth stopper i thought was superb, but what about the 2 blatant handballs in the plymouth box, agree wi leam am disappointed, but also impressed wi todays effort n looking forward to Boxing Day. cos that will be a good test of how much they have learnt.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..