Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2009, 20:19   #1
Senior Member+

"Non League return for us by 2010/11"

Invincibles v Breathtakers: Curtain up on a Manchester United-Liverpool extravaganza - Sportingo

See page 2

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2009, 21:28   #2
Senior Member+

Re: "Non League return for us by 2010/11"

Don't you just get sick of people writing us off, I know I do. We have every right to be in the league. OK we may not have the facilities of some of the so called fashion clubs in League 2, but where are they, in deep do do, thats where. Darlington in administration for the third time, Luton, who will be non-league next season, Rotherham and Bournemouth. In '62 the club resigned, now it seem the decent thing is to take a 10+ point hit and not pay your creditors the full amount owing. It stinks. There may not be much money in our league, but there is equal excitement as at any of the so called big 4 or 5. My only wish is that we do what Wigan did, maybe struggle for a few years then push our way up to the Premiership and hold our own. Pipe dream, maybe, but anything is possible in football.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 21:59   #3
God Member

More people have heard of Accrington Stanley than Sportingo.

Eff off journo!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 22:22   #4
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

well said ozzy!!we seem to get linked to everythink thats going.We may not be one of the big boys and i for one is glad' we owe nowt Eric isn't everyones cupper tea but hes good with money!!!if you aint got it you cant spend it
Old 15-03-2009, 11:41   #5
Full Member+

Here Here Lazy Journalism at it's worst!

Sick of people having a dig at stanley.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..