Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2006, 19:46   #1
I am Banned

norman mcredie r.i.p.

deepest sympathy .....................
waltergalbraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-06-2006, 20:22   #2
God Member

Re: norman mcredie r.i.p.

He played for the old stanley between 55 and 58 .. 51 games at left back... died age 78

Doesnt hurt to give the info mate.. your post makes no sense otherwise.
Old 15-06-2006, 20:34   #3
Member.

Deepest respect and regards to his family.

In a way another part of the clubs history passing into obscurity. I hope someone takes steps to preserve the memory of our former players, maybe like they did with the old guard survivors from the First War a few years ago. Taped memoirs in the players own voices and long with movie footage and period photographs. A fitting tribute to those that went before, not forgotten by those that follow.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006, 12:46   #4

It was only last week I mentioned his very name on this forum, as he played for both Partick and Stanley. Deepest sympythies go out to his family, and my utmost respect for the man himself.

RIP

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2006, 14:20   #5
Super Moderator

[quote=Doug]Taped memoirs in the players own voices and long with movie footage and period photographs./quote]

He actually makes an appearance in the video "Accrington Stanley - Myth, Legend And Reality" and talks with great affection about his time at Peel Park.

A sad loss of a talented player from the Galbraith era. R.I.P.
Old 16-06-2006, 17:56   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Deepest respect and regards to his family.

In a way another part of the clubs history passing into obscurity. I hope someone takes steps to preserve the memory of our former players, maybe like they did with the old guard survivors from the First War a few years ago. Taped memoirs in the players own voices and long with movie footage and period photographs. A fitting tribute to those that went before, not forgotten by those that follow.

now there is an idea for a display on the wall at the new bar.

Passport picture of every squad player (first team squad only-would be silly with reserves and youth team as well). Then add to it every new signing. One line underneath each could list games played what year and how many scored. A simple thing but it would grow as the club grows. It would be looked at practically every match by everyone "can you remember him - what a donkey!" "yeah, but what about that screamer he scored at Maghull in '83".
Old 16-06-2006, 19:36   #7
I am Banned

i think that would be a great idea havin past and present
waltergalbraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2006, 05:07   #8
Senior Member+

I remember Norm, he was an honest hard running team player, I think he also played on the wing for a few games. R.I.P.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..