Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2014, 19:43   #76

Re: Northampton (A) Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
One hell of a game,Stanley coulda been 5-1 up at half time, Sat back a bit in second half, coulda been fatal but got away wi it. Shoulda kept at em in my view like first 45. The 2 new lads fitted in great, added summat to the side in my view, very astute signings. Can't wait fer next sat.
Yeh agree with cashi bring on next saturday.
we attacked northampton right from the off, they could not cope with maguire, o sullivan and naismith, there movement with the ball was akin to higher standard of footy.
we should have scored eight, o sullivan was outstanding all afternoon
only worry is conceding four and while I cant blame the keeper, we need a keeper with a presence I think this lad is too young yet.
the passion was there today , unbelievable game
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2014, 19:47   #77
Senior Member+

Dont we have to pay Lumleys wage if he doesnt play?

Unless we can find another loan keeper, Lumley looks likely to be our number 1.

The lad is young, hopefully he can improve.
Vs Oxford he made some reassuring saves and catches, he might be worth persevering with.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 20:02   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I expect the 4th official had to work for his money today.

Bit different having John & Jimmy in your ear instead of Beattie.
Seem to remember some guy called Alex Ferguson was always in the 4th officials and referee's ear...........................

Think he won a thing or two
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 20:04   #79
Senior Member+

Just got back from the match what a thriller, JC has found two diamonds in O'Sullivan and Maguire, asked Robert Houseman about them at half time appearantly O'Sullivan is on a one month contract and Maguire on a three if they can repeat a performance anything like today's were in for some exciting games, at 4-1 the cobblers fans were exiting the ground much to the delight of about 25 to 30 Stanley fans behind the goal who were having a whale of a time, great feeling & a super 3 points
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 20:14   #80

Northampton (A) Match Thread

You can't blame Lumley for the goals. Remember, Northampton put 5 past Hartlepool on Tuesday and in their local paper (which I read in the pub down the road before the game) Wilder was saying 'push on, don't hold back'. Well, Coley's two loan signings put them on the back foot and pushed us over the line. I was so delighted to be there, given I live in Leicestershire now, so this is one of my 'locals'.
morton5275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 20:17   #81
Senior Member+

who was MOTM?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 20:23   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Atkinson fer me, as well as the goals made some great blocks n interceptions. The ref once again was very poor, Nhants got away wi some horrendous fouls, one n instant red in my view, n never even booked em, near end of game the prat gave Hunty a yellow fer timewasting at a throw in. Ridiculous in view of what he overlooked.
Old 20-09-2014, 20:27   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
who was MOTM?
O'Sullivan for me he was down near their goal-line to the left side of the goal area with no support and seeming going nowhere he calmly drilled round three defenders and thundered in a terrific goal
Old 20-09-2014, 20:31   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
Atkinson fer me, as well as the goals made some great blocks n interceptions. The ref once again was very poor, Nhants got away wi some horrendous fouls, one n instant red in my view, n never even booked em, near end of game the prat gave Hunty a yellow fer timewasting at a throw in. Ridiculous in view of what he overlooked.
quite agree Cashy the tony one which poleaxed Nicky Hunt was horrendous
Old 21-09-2014, 07:14   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
O'Sullivan for me he was down near their goal-line to the left side of the goal area with no support and seeming going nowhere he calmly drilled round three defenders and thundered in a terrific goal
Just watched the goals on The Football League Show. As O'sullivan scored there were six Northampton outfield players plus thier keeper in the penalty box and no Stanley players. Shows how well the lad did!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 07:36   #86
Senior Member+

What an amazing start to the second coming of Coley and Jimmy!"
I got in the car to make my way home just before half time and I switched the radio on just as it went to 1 - 3 for us! I nearly swerved off the road!! Driving home with the Radio Lancashire there was a contrast of pretty boring commentaries from the matches involving our neighbours either side of us but punctuated with frequent 'Goal Alerts' from Sixfields!
Watching it on The Footy League show this morning it was good to see a variation from one corner kick and the new boys did so well. Nice to see Rob Atkinson getting some glory with his goals but we will need to get our marking at the back sorted. I am sure The Duo will be looking at this starting on Monday.
The 'Second Coming' is certainly going to be entertaining!
I am really looking forward to the Plymouth match now!
Lets give the Duo a tremendous welcome with a full show of flags and colour on The Clayton End...... come on The Ultras.
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 07:51   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Naithsmith you blind old git
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 08:15   #88
Senior Member+

Well after hearing that score, all I can say is Coley and Bell OUT! Just joking. But defensively to concede 4 is a bit worrying, OK so we scored 5 and could have been more by all accounts. Feel sorry for Mingoia and Buxton, who haven't done much wrong all season, but suspect their turn will come. Buxton for me is the new Phil Edwards, even came from the same team! Looking forward to the party next Saturday against Plymouth and hoping to see the crowd swollen, not because of Jesse McClure, but the return of the dynamic duo that is JC and JB.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2014, 08:43   #89
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Looking forward to the party next Saturday against Plymouth and hoping to see the crowd swollen, not because of Jesse McClure, but the return of the dynamic duo that is JC and JB.
Neither of those, swollen cos smobiles coming up from Devon.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 21-09-2014, 08:46   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Just watched the goals on The Football League Show. As O'sullivan scored there were six Northampton outfield players plus thier keeper in the penalty box and no Stanley players. Shows how well the lad did!
BBC iPlayer - The Football League Show - 2014/2015: 20/09/2014
We're at 1:06:18.

Last edited by MikeA; 21-09-2014 at 08:50.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..