Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2013, 18:59   #1
Resting in Peace

Northampton away thread

Will this be a damage limitation exercise, bearing in mind the 3 home games coming up which are "must wins", or do we go all out for the 3 points we really need on the board?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2013, 19:08   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Northampton away thread

Don't reckon we can afford a damage limitation wi our goal difference.? Got to go fer it simple as i think.
Old 04-03-2013, 19:42   #3

It's quite common for football management teams to break the season down into banks of 6 or 8 games and treat each bank as a mini league with points targets for each game as part of a wider approach to game management over the season. The training and tactical routines can then be focused on the way to approach specific games e.g set pieces, certain tactical subtleties etc

Would be interesting to know if our management team adopt this approach as if they did, I would suspect that they would have this down as a nil return. They would never divulge the targets to the players as would always outwardly motivate the players to win games. If they did have it as a nil return, they may then view the game as an opportunity to try one or two things out. For example, start Linganzi, experiment with Gray and Boco upfront as a pair etc. in what they see as small risk as part of a bigger games management plan.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 20:48   #4

Agree with previous post, definitely start Linganzi, and we definitely need to get Boco further up the field where he is most dangerous, and rather than an experiment I think Boco and Gray could be a really mobile, lively and formidable partnership.

Saturday is going to be really tough but it's not going to make or break our season, there's plenty of points to play for.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 21:03   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Think everyone reckons Linganzi is worth a shot Frank, Lets hope Leam does also.
Old 04-03-2013, 21:41   #6
Senior Member+

Come-on you know Leam will not be treating any of our remaining games as a lost cause, and anyway the recent Northampton wins have been by the odd goal over our rivals at the bottom the league, we are due a bit of luck going our way after the debacle by the officials on Saturday,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:46   #7

Quite confident we can get something from the game on Saturday. A point will feel like three. A bit like a cup-tie where they will be overwhelming favourites, but it's all about the eleven on the field (and a decent ref for once).

They may be on a run of 7 straight wins at home, but we also have an impressive statistic..................

We have NEVER lost a game, when Redraine has started the thread
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:18   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Quite confident we can get something from the game on Saturday. A point will feel like three. A bit like a cup-tie where they will be overwhelming favourites, but it's all about the eleven on the field (and a decent ref for once).

They may be on a run of 7 straight wins at home, but we also have an impressive statistic..................

Points are in the bag then smobile
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:31   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post

No pressure then .............
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:13   #10
Senior Member+

They are very dangerous from corners/free kicks/long throws,and have some good ariel presence.
For me its key we hold an high line and limit corners etc..as i am not convinced our keeper will come and help out.
If we start 4-4-2 i will be holding my breath,i would have gone similar to Torquay on saturday with two holding players and Linganzi in front of them.
They are powerful down the middle so i would force them to go around us,and our fullbacks are playing well,so it would create a bit of a problem for them.
Bocco/moly and Linganzi in the three (tucked in) and Gray or Beattie up top.
Murph and Joycy holding for me
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 15:45   #11
Senior Member+

I would take a draw now, with the the way they have been playing at home.

My XI

...................Rachubka..............
Hunt...Winnard.....Aldred......Wilson
....................Murphy..............
Boco.........Linganzi............Molyneux
...........Gray.............Beattie........

Subs
Dawber
Hatfield
Carver
Miller
Clarke
Barnett
Joyce

Ive been watching this club since 1995, and honestly football19 you really must be watching a different game to me if you think Joyce should play.
cashman likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 15:51   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I agree captain or not, he was dreadful on sat. and as not been playing that well fer awhile in my view.
Old 05-03-2013, 16:01   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19;1045042[I
].....Joycy holding for me[/I]
But F19 doesn't say holding what !
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 17:04   #14
Senior Member+

Smudgie I have watched a bit of football in my time!,and as you say it's about opinions,yours varies from mine(although your latest team is very similar).Take Joycy,he's a good player,but since Proccy left his role in the team has changed.
Don't think the captains arm band as done in any favours,and he will admit he's not the most vocal.
He is a link type player,comfortable in possession and plays better in a three.
I did say in earlier posts most younger players run out of steam in there first season and that's what happen to Miller(really rate him).
Joycy has had to cope with all this chopping and changing around him as well as trying to set an example.
I think in one of Cookys games ,we had five loanees,which again didn't help him.
All players have poor games,but he's a good player,and a strong character,and that's what we need at the moment.
Most supporters judge players when we have the ball and fail to recognise the work they do when the opposition have it ( excluding shaker!!)and Joycy does work hard.
Linganzi(who I rate),tried to dribble out of defence,gave the ball away in a bad area,only for Hunt to get him out of jail,nobody has commented on that!!!,
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 17:19   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Linganzi(who I rate),,gave the ball away in a bad area
Was that just once? And Joyce never does? Ho ho ho!
smudgie, cashman and smobile like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..