Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2020, 11:37   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Northampton thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Was it free?, said you weren't giving any more money to them robbing bar stewards .
no never got owt back but i thought give it another do cos i miss stanley.
Old 15-11-2020, 12:26   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
no never got owt back but i thought give it another do cos i miss stanley.
Glad you did Cashy.......first cos we are stuck with it untill crowds allowed back .....and second cos its a bit of money fot Stanley......does work sometimes, its so frustrating though.
cashman likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 12:37   #48

Couldn't get it to work at all. Not had a problem before but this time, absolutely nothing. Still, it's a bit of cash for the club, so I'll persevere.
cashman likes this.
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 12:57   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taypot View Post
Couldn't get it to work at all. Not had a problem before but this time, absolutely nothing. Still, it's a bit of cash for the club, so I'll persevere.
thats what i thought but yeh can get commentry if pic dont work taypot just switch it oer.
Old 15-11-2020, 14:07   #50
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taypot View Post
For away league games stanley have to sell above an agreed threshold to get any money back, from Holts figures they had only done this once, and that was due to the threshold being 106 which was a lot lower than agreed for other games.

I'm not sure how the threshold is agreed, maybe the previous season's away figure although Ipswich away may need to based on the last visit to colchester 2 years ago.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 14:25   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
For away league games stanley have to sell above an agreed threshold to get any money back, from Holts figures they had only done this once, and that was due to the threshold being 106 which was a lot lower than agreed for other games.

I'm not sure how the threshold is agreed, maybe the previous season's away figure although Ipswich away may need to based on the last visit to colchester 2 years ago.
Obviously not a lot of take up on the away games then.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 16:22   #52
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Obviously not a lot of take up on the away games then.
More stanley fans buy the away games (around 170) then the home games (around 100).

There season ticket free watchers are in the 300s for home games, and away sales from away fans ranged from 108 (Fleetwood) to 1,123 (Peterborough).

For posh it was agreed stanley got the first 645 away sales, for Oxford who sold 1,092 it was 460. so they got 632 and Stanley got 460 + home sales of 115 = 575. Therefore Oxford get more income for stanley home game than the club who bare the expenses.

The data only covered up to fleetwood on 20th Oct, but it was enough to give a good picture that Stanley are getting very little. The opposite side of the coin is stanley wil have seen a lower drop in income from having smaller crowds too start with.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 17:26   #53

I suppose it just goes to underline the fact that without match day income......crowds attending games, both home and away there is no future for teams below the premiership in the current football pyramid. .....But then we all new that anyway. Just glad we've got Andy Holt in charge to hopefully see us tbrough to next season....when god willing.....we have a vaccine and can all be getting back to the Wham Stadium on match days.

In the meantime all we can do is support the club by whatever financial means possible...........iFollow, merchandise, draw tickets, donations, player sponsorship, advertising and ALL!!!!
cashman likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 17:39   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats what i thought but yeh can get commentry if pic dont work taypot just switch it oer.
I couldn't even get commentary!
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2020, 18:03   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I suppose it just goes to underline the fact that without match day income......crowds attending games, both home and away there is no future for teams below the premiership in the current football pyramid. .....But then we all new that anyway. Just glad we've got Andy Holt in charge to hopefully see us tbrough to next season....when god willing.....we have a vaccine and can all be getting back to the Wham Stadium on match days.

In the meantime all we can do is support the club by whatever financial means possible...........iFollow, merchandise, draw tickets, donations, player sponsorship, advertising and ALL!!!!
The £50 million bailout from the Premiership has been agreed on just the finer details of how it is going to be distributed to be discussed I believe so will if used correctly keep clubs afloat until the return of fans, hopefully this season but can see it being around March time with the better weather and if the vaccine has been passed getting up to speed on mass rollout.
Old 16-11-2020, 07:15   #56

I could only get audio as well, I was blaming my dodgy Wi-Fi, but it seems it wasn't just me.
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 07:41   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmc View Post
I could only get audio as well, I was blaming my dodgy Wi-Fi, but it seems it wasn't just me.
It appears and I,m no technology expert to be hit and miss, if you are unfortunate to miss don't bother asking for refund you don't get one, with the issues and the apparent lack of overall interest no fans at grounds I do worry is it going to be the same when not just at football things open up will people just go back to as it was?
cashman likes this.
Old 16-11-2020, 08:29   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmc View Post
wonder if the problem is actually where you live. only get the slightest of interference to be honest. far les than in the stand watching live with the constant getting up and down letting people past to get rid of their pre match ale and kids who cannot go for more than 30 minutes without food. actually miss having a good natter to folk at the game more than seeing the game live now i,ve got into it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 08:53   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

dont think so but what do i know nothing just going off a few live in different areas, cant all be crap surely?plus i never had problem before.
Old 16-11-2020, 13:30   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
wonder if the problem is actually where you live. only get the slightest of interference to be honest. far les than in the stand watching live with the constant getting up and down letting people past to get rid of their pre match ale and kids who cannot go for more than 30 minutes without food. actually miss having a good natter to folk at the game more than seeing the game live now i,ve got into it.
Being a reader of other clubs forums apparently quite a few fans at different clubs have had problems.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..