Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2020, 13:59   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Northampton thread.

Its i follow its rubbish they do NOT care or even refund people.who lose a game.they could send people a code to get next game free but they obviously do not give a stuff.

Last edited by cashman; 16-11-2020 at 14:01.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2020, 17:41   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its i follow its rubbish they do NOT care or even refund people.who lose a game.they could send people a code to get next game free but they obviously do not give a stuff.
Yeah they could you're right. A code for the next away game would be simple solution. They obviously don't have the authority to do that. Very poor customer service........Do you know, it just sums up how poor the EFL are and how badly the Championship and Leagues 1 and 2 are treated. ........Still all we can do is keep complaining...even if they don't seem to take notice.......
cashman likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 18:02   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Yeah they could you're right. A code for the next away game would be simple solution. They obviously don't have the authority to do that. Very poor customer service........Do you know, it just sums up how poor the EFL are and how badly the Championship and Leagues 1 and 2 are treated. ........Still all we can do is keep complaining...even if they don't seem to take notice.......
My fear is genuine footy fans not your armchair type are beginning to smell the coffee and might just slowly with being locked out lose interest.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2020, 23:45   #64

Andy, I wouldnt worry too much. Exiled down south at a young age after the titanic goalless draw with Southport Dec '51, I suppose I can be labelled armchair supporter. But still, 69 years on, I watch the clock till next kick off. It seems to me that if its in your blood not much is likely to make you lose interest. Had no problem with ifollow myself and feel spoiled rotten because this owd fella could previously only get to the odd game each season. Stanley nutter ? - guilty as charged m,lud.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 07:33   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

agree with long lost son.
Old 17-11-2020, 07:44   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree with long lost son.
I,m a Stanley nutter has well and won't lose interest I was referring more to football,s ability to constantly shoot itself in the foot and thinking fans will do anything they wish example Premiership having the audacity to vote 19-1 in favour of charging £14-95 a game for the privalige of watching in many cases something you had already paid for.Hastly backtracking on that one, egos in ownership arguing even now about whether they should help the likes of Stanley out. Stanley thankfully are well run but it doesn't stop me being sick off what else is going on around the football world. I would like to add that a lot of clubs have done well helping there communities during this pandemic and hats of to them but they should be helping one another as well.

Last edited by andyd; 17-11-2020 at 07:47.
Old 17-11-2020, 08:24   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Being a reader of other clubs forums apparently quite a few fans at different clubs have had problems.
you can live with a one off game with problems but more than that then something needs looking at. i have had no problems so far, but if something goes wrong tonight it will be just one of those things like a late postponement of a game when you have got to the ground. think everyone has been involved with that. you cannot get your expenses back for travelling or loss of any earnings you have had due to a postponement.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 09:05   #68
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I,m a Stanley nutter has well and won't lose interest I was referring more to football,s ability to constantly shoot itself in the foot and thinking fans will do anything they wish example Premiership having the audacity to vote 19-1 in favour of charging £14-95 a game for the privalige of watching in many cases something you had already paid for.Hastly backtracking on that one, egos in ownership arguing even now about whether they should help the likes of Stanley out. Stanley thankfully are well run but it doesn't stop me being sick off what else is going on around the football world. I would like to add that a lot of clubs have done well helping there communities during this pandemic and hats of to them but they should be helping one another as well.
Playing devils' advocate here, but where have they already paid for it?
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 09:39   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Playing devils' advocate here, but where have they already paid for it?
You could debate all day long on here about what different payment methods people use the fact is that a lot of football clubs especially at the top end of the pryamid have lost touch with their fanbase, it's nothing new it's been underlying for a lot of years now FC United set up by disgruntled United fans, many Liverpool fans on spirit of Shankly saying how the normal Joe was being priced out. The absurdity of the across the board of away fans not being charged over £30 a ticket in the premiership in stadiums like Arsenal where prices range from £90 upwards. Then Covid arrives and opens the cracks like lava flowing from a volcano about to erupt
Old 17-11-2020, 10:33   #70

I went onto Live Chat when having issues on Saturday, was told no problems at their end. I was then being given instructions to clear cache and try a new browser. All I could think was, it's the middle of the game, I could be missing anything here.
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2020, 10:46   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmc View Post
I went onto Live Chat when having issues on Saturday, was told no problems at their end. I was then being given instructions to clear cache and try a new browser. All I could think was, it's the middle of the game, I could be missing anything here.
they said that to me the match before its all rubbish i had already cleared my cache. E.F.L. do NOT give a stuff about FANS simple as.they did also say they had problems with it.
Old 17-11-2020, 13:04   #72
God Member

Smile Re: Northampton thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmc View Post
You did well getting a reply when I went on chat got sod all, as previously mentioned as regards refunds not there problem they pass the buck to some financial services forget the name as they forgot to conveniently reply to me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..