Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2015, 19:23   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Northampton Town (H) Match Thread

Mab, that's out of order.
You have a right as a paying customer to have an opinion.

You have even more of a right of you didn't swear or say anything offensive in the 1st place.

Phil Brown recently spoke about an incident with a fan st Southend who was giving him stick, when Southend scored the winner Brown turned to the fan and asked him the score.
I haven't got a problem with that as it was intense by all accounts but respect was shown.

I'm sorry I don't care who you are if someone shares an opinion which you don't like in an non offensive manner and you answer back at them in a foul mouthed way, then you owe that person an apology.

It doesn't matter how frustrated you are at the situation, you shouldn't do a t and if you do an apology is required.
cashman, Kiwi John, mab and 4 others like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2015, 19:26   #47
Senior Member+

How many shockers does McGuire have to play to get dropped?

Is he on a pay if he doesn't play type loan?
Redraine and football19 like this.
Old 31-01-2015, 19:28   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
why is J C so negative on Carver, I thought he nodded the ball on well to create chances for others but the service to him up front was non existent.
I think Accy,when you play with one up top,the strikers job is to hold the ball,lay it off and run the channels for the return.
If he flicks it on,it's pointless as there will be nobody there !!.
To be fair he tried to hold it up,but was reluctant to spin and get in behind them and sean never linked up or helped him
DAV007 likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 19:31   #49
Senior Member+

I didn't see the game football19, but this was his criticism under beattie and why he was often used as an impact sub.
Old 31-01-2015, 19:32   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I was saying to my son and trapdoor just befor Naismith was subbed that i would have taken the keeper off in stead and swopped like for like! Well our manager over heard and verbally attacked me with a barrage of foul mouth language.not happy
It's ironic,but you were right !!,at 2-1 we were still in the game and another blunder killed us
AccyMad and DAV007 like this.
Old 31-01-2015, 19:33   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19
Even their fans got sick of the "dodgy keeper" song and replaced it with " we owe you a pint" chant !!
A Northampton fan of my aquaintance says they were singing 'We owe you a pie'. They seem to think the pie is the staple diet of all northerners, not just wiganers.
football19 likes this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 19:36   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
A Northampton fan of my aquaintance says they were singing 'We owe you a pie'. They seem to think the pie is the staple diet of all northerners, not just wiganers.
Wasn't happy with the pies today,proper tooth breakers !!!
Old 31-01-2015, 19:40   #53
Senior Member+

Is the catering van in the main stand better than the one in the Clayton end?

Can't be any worse.
Old 31-01-2015, 19:44   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Is the catering van in the main stand better than the one in the Clayton end?

Can't be any worse.
Normally ok but was "well done" today,about sums up my day
Old 31-01-2015, 19:48   #55
Senior Member+

Another incident I don't condone was Deans premeditated elbow on Richards,glad he got up,but was out of order,frustration or not,it has no place in the modern game
Old 31-01-2015, 19:50   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
I was saying to my son and trapdoor just befor Naismith was subbed that i would have taken the keeper off in stead and swopped like for like! Well our manager over heard and verbally attacked me with a barrage of foul mouth language.not happy
Mab if you are yon wi yer kid, and you voice n opinion which as a paying customer yer perfectly entitled, and the response when yeh wasn't even speaking to him is such, then the only coarse open imho is a formal complaint, This should never happen, but such things will probably continue in the future, Kids should not be subjected to this from a person in a responsible position.
Old 31-01-2015, 19:52   #57

It's not right for the manager to speak to fans like that.

I couldn't go today due to illness but my father in law said at least 2 goals were keeper error.
McKayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 19:54   #58

Wasn't going to have a moan today but..
Sorry but wrong team selection again and boy did it show.
Back 5 a disaster, Coneelly not good enough, Dean should be playing in middle alongside Atkinson (a combination that has worked v well in the past.) Especially as we've got 2 decent full backs on the bench.
Buxton obviously got talent but erratic defensively and seems to just want to show how many tricks he's got rather than passing the ball.
Joyce and Proctor were bullied out of the game and Kal is just starved of the ball until he loses interest.

Having said all that for the 1st 20 minutes of the 2nd half there was only 1 team in it and it just looked a matter of time before we scored. Then the ridiculous mix-up and that was it, game over!

One other thing why to we pass it to death in our defensive 3rd then play a long hopeful punt up to players who need it to feet? I'm all for keeping possession and being patient but you've still got to be progressive - we have opportunities to play forward and time after time turn and play back and square.

Only way is up :-)
cashman, SamF and Kiwi John like this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 20:04   #59
Senior Member+

Remember Coley's first spell him telling a critical lady that she could have her money back and leave the ground if she was not satisfied but a bit more forcefully than that.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2015, 20:39   #60
Senior Member+

Is this a fair assessment?

BBC Sport - Chris Wilder: Northampton Town boss on win over Accrington

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..