Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2015, 01:35   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Northampton Town (H) Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Its 4 defeats in a row
Or to put it another way, five defeats in six games
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2015, 01:35   #77
Full Member+

Quote:
got to say, very honest interview by coleman.
Fair enough....he had the guts to admit that he's making mistakes....but sheer hypocrisy to talk about praising the fans when he knew full well what had transpired in his altercation with Mab....

Quote:

Beattie got as many as 12 league games before a win.
Aren't you a hypocrite having the nerve to spout the word "hate" when it's blatantly obvious you were glad to see the back of Beattie ?? You portray your sentiment of hate towards Beattie in every post you see fit to defend your hero in. And don't get me started about your lack of respect for Leam before Beatts.

Whatever you want to think about Beattie, at least he had the class to act with dignity when the chips were down and not to behave like some pedantic clown like your hero.

Quote:
I expect once the transfer window is closed, it will work in our favour as players will be more desperate to move, and the kind of loans and free transfers we can afford wont be affected by the transfer window, but it may give a few of them a wake up call that they need to find a club ASAP or rot in the reserves/stay unemployed.
Sorry, but for me the guy hasn't got a clue about man management. He's caused more rifts and divides between himself and the playing staff of this club, past and present, than can be described in one post. He's personally brought about the end of Stanley careers of some bloody skilled players and good servants of this club due to his own sheer bloody mindedness.

Whilst Coleman has worked wonders in the past for this club, his connection with this club should have been left there. Who was it said that Ex-managers should never go back to former clubs ?? It very rarely has positive results. Admittedly there are exceptions to that rule, but few and far between.

I hope one day we will find out the truth about Beattie's departure, when we'll all be in a better position to assess that situation.....to speculate the reasons would be folly.

All I will say, is that since Beattie's departure, many aspects of this so called "professional club" have taken a distinct nosedive.

From the shambles of making a laughing stock of ourselves with the ticket fiasco to allowing a visiting teams announcer taking control and fully utilising our home P.A. system.

And now we have Coleman berating loyal fans with his colourful language, just for having the sheer temerity of questioning his management skills.

That is every paying customer's right and Coleman should have been "Professional" enough to take it on the chin and move on.

In conclusion, I will only add that I, like others, want what is best for this club. Like others, I can only hope that we see an upturn in fortunes both on and off the pitch.

But to achieve that everyone needs to be rowing in the same direction. Quite clearly, and more so worryingly, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:30   #78
Senior Member+

Some good points Revived,but having studied the goals ,I disagree about the keeper being responsible for two goals,more like all five !!!.
Shocking is an understatement,
Even the first,which I blamed Bucko ,was the keeper,the lad shot from two yards from the byeline,ten yards from goal and beat the the keeper at the near post !!,terrible keeping.
The second he dove over the penalty,what the hell was he doing outside his area for the third when Piero had got back,the fourth he just has to call to rob and stroll out and pick the ball up and for the fifth,although not all his fault,his starting position was on his goal line !!
When defending,confidence starts with your keeper,for me,he's not upto this level.
Your right about Tom tho,we missed his "talking" just as much as his physical presence,but even he couldn't stop joke goal keeping.
Coneelly is a nice balanced,composed footballer,league two centr back?,only time will tell,as you have to be tough and prepared to go in,mix it,and compete with the opposition .
Coley is the man for the job,no question,but the lads let him down yesterday.
BTLawson and DAV007 like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:04   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Coley is the man for the job,no question,but the lads let him down yesterday.
Sorry one who treats fans with children in that manner, is NOT the man for the job imho.
Outback Ozzy and smudgie like this.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:13   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Aldred was not going to stay around once there was interest from bigger clubs
Not true. There had been interest from bigger clubs in the last transfer window. He had not wanted to leave Stanley.
smudgie and mab like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:21   #81
Senior Member+

With everything that has gone on in the last week or so I had decided not to post as it will just end up in a slanging match with DAV (who stood me up yesterday)

I would like to make just one comment about a player yesterday...Piero Mingoia

Outstanding doesn't do him justice,it is unbelievable that he was on the losing side with the performance he put in.He was MOM by a mile ,he covered every single foot of that... no inch of that pitch,defending attacking,helping in midfield and he chased to pickup the ball for throw ins even deep in injury time,never believing his efforts were futile.
Maybe one thing good can come out of this shambles and Coley could play the game video of Pieros work rate and try to get the squad to emulate him.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:25   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
We have finally been on the football league show, Macey AND Atkinson had absolute shockers.

I really don't know what people see in Atkinson.

And Macey should be sent back to Arsenal, he jumped over the penalty! Surely we can find a better loan keeper than this joker?

Revived Red, I forgot to add, I agree with you about McGuire, the lad needs to go back to west ham.
And I agree with you Davo....BUT whilst the three you mention did make the errors that cost the team dearly, the others were only marginally better if that !..
I won't go through the side but rather reiterate that as a Football League team they, at this moment in time are shapeless, under motivated, leaderless, and clearly in dire need of some decent coaching .
So I ask again, is there anyone at the club with the skill, knowledge , wit, and desire to reverse what is now looking more and more like a one way descent into the anonymity of the Conference !.
To make it worse, all the teams below us, through good management and sheer effort are playing good football and getting the results !.
Incidentally, I agree with your best mate's assessment of Pietro who really did 'put in a shift' yesterday !.

( Alfred.E and I are somewhat morose this morning !. )

Last edited by yonmon; 01-02-2015 at 10:31.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:44   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And I agree with you Davo....BUT whilst the three you mention did make the errors that cost the team dearly, the others were only marginally better if that !..
I won't go through the side but rather reiterate that as a Football League team they, at this moment in time are shapeless, under motivated, leaderless, and clearly in dire need of some decent coaching .
So I ask again, is there anyone at the club with the skill, knowledge , wit, and desire to reverse what is now looking more and more like a one way descent into the anonymity of the Conference !.
To make it worse, all the teams below us, through good management and sheer effort are playing good football and getting the results !.
Incidentally, I agree with your best mate's assessment of Pietro who really did 'put in a shift' yesterday !.

( Alfred.E and I are somewhat morose this morning !. )
I understand what your saying Yonmon,but it's the lack of fight that's a worry.
It's a mark of Coleys teams that never give up and a lot of lads seemed to be going thro the motions at present.
I think the tough game on Tuesday told yesterday,and we struggled to get our second wind in the first half.
They fired into us from the off,direct and aggressive,and a few lads didn't want to know,probably why Coley was fuming,but that's no excuse for what happened to Mab.
We need some lads with fight and desire (as well as a keeper ! )or at least talkers to get us organised KTF
DAV007 likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:53   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think they are going through the motions, cos team spirit is decreasing more rapidly than i envisaged, its a long time since i saw a stanley side drop there heads like that.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:01   #85
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
shapeless, under motivated, leaderless, and clearly in dire need of some decent coaching .
)
It was obvious yesterday that the team were under half time instructions to keep the ball in an attempt to stretch Northampton's 10 men. However, all that happened was that we passed the ball from side to side from one wing to the other and back again. No one was making runs for the player in possession to attack the opposition and their remaining forward players were so good at pressuring our defenders that the ball ended up too many times back at the keeper for a rushed clearance. Pass and move seems to be a completely alien concept to this lot, which must be down to lack of proper coaching and confidence on the ball. One player in particular drove me crazy time after time by failing to draw a man to create some space, merely shovelling the ball out to the winger who would be immediately closed down. Groundhog day!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:10   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Not true. There had been interest from bigger clubs in the last transfer window. He had not wanted to leave Stanley.
I'd like to think all players playing at this level would want to leave for a higher club, surely they have some ambition if like Tom Aldred they are good enough
DAV007 likes this.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:39   #87
Senior Member+

unbelievable that a manager with J C's experience can react with berating fans just because they voice an opinion, maybe we should all put duck tape over our mouths then
cashman and DAV007 like this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:28   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'd like to think all players playing at this level would want to leave for a higher club, surely they have some ambition if like Tom Aldred they are good enough
Sorry, Dave. I have to disagree there. Some players want to play every week, not warm the bench or be sent out on loan. Tom had already tried the move to a higher club, and it didn't work out. He had been very happy at Stanley.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:32   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sorry, Dave. I have to disagree there. Some players want to play every week, not warm the bench or be sent out on loan. Tom had already tried the move to a higher club, and it didn't work out. He had been very happy at Stanley.
Admirable though it is, I doubt any professional players share that view RR. It's a short, precarious career. Getting the most out of it while you can is the priority.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:39   #90

I'm so disappointed after yesterday. We're in a worrying rut that cool heads and togetherness will resolve, but that needs to start and I've not seen signs it is doing.

Aside from the goalkeeping, which I'll come to in a minute, the two most worrying aspects for me yesterday were the lack of cohesion and team spirit amongst the group and the inability to manage the game once they'd gone down to 10. We didn't show any fighter appetite for the game and were handed a lifeline with the penalty and the sending off. With additional time added on in each half we'd 57 minutes to play against 10 men, and simply didn't show any game management for this situation. We did ok for the first 10 minute or so in the 2nd half, but got sloppy and then got punished. We should have moved the ball quicker and made them work hard off the ball and chances would have come.

Coleman appears erratic to me at the moment and I'm not seeing any consistency in what he says and what he does. He blamed individual players on Tuesday, whereas yesterday put himself up as the fall guy. A a week or so ago, we didn't need to add to the squad, now we need fundamental changes.

We'll never know whether the public comments he made towards Macey affected his confidence, but I've not been convinced with him in any of the games he's played and I'd put 4 goals yesterday to him. He's young and on a learning curve, but for his sake and that of the team, he needs to be taken out of the firing line as he's not yet up to it. On Tuesday night, Coleman said that Gray's style didn't fit into the style of the team, yet he turns to him yesterday to rescue something up front.

We're crying out for someone up front who can hold the ball up, bring others into the play and also stop it coming straight back and give the defence precious seconds to reset. Maguire shows touches of being neat and tidy, but maybe needs someone to play alongside to bring the best from him. With the current group and on current form, he doesn't deserve to start.

I feel some of trust between players and management has gone and look to the management team to work quickly to get it back. The heart and some of the threat seems to have gone from the team since O'Sullivan returned to Blackburn.

Am looking to Coleman to sort it out, but he needs a plan and right now, I'm afraid to me it doesn't look like he's got one.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..