Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2015, 11:42   #91
God Member

Re: Northampton Town (H) Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sorry, Dave. I have to disagree there. Some players want to play every week, not warm the bench or be sent out on loan. Tom had already tried the move to a higher club, and it didn't work out. He had been very happy at Stanley.

Not disagreeing they may be happy at a club, just think the majority want to play at a higher level, as indeed Tom tweeted

Quote:
Buzzing to have signed at @BlackpoolFC looking forward to the future and ready to kick on and prove myself at a higher level ⚽️
You can understand him being hesitant last summer, having tried it before and not working out. I guess like any walk of life, you make a decision at the time, I'm sure we have all made some rank bad ones
Old 01-02-2015, 11:43   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
We have finally been on the football league show, Macey AND Atkinson had absolute shockers.

I really don't know what people see in Atkinson.
Nice to see that your sweeping generalisations are based on a few seconds of TV highlights - or maybe I should say lowlights. It looks like Rob Atkinson is the latest Stanley person for you to attack. We are still waiting for you to tell us how many games you have actually been to this season.
smudgie likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:44   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I understand what your saying Yonmon,but it's the lack of fightproduce

a worry.
It's a mark of Coleys teams that never give up and a lot of lads seemed to be going thro the motions at present.
I think the tough game on Tuesday told yesterday,and we struggled to get our second wind in the first half.
They fired into us from the off,direct and aggressive,and a few lads didn't want to know,probably why Coley was fuming,but that's no excuse for what happened to Mab.
We need some lads with fight and desire (as well as a keeper ! )or at least talkers to get us organised KTF

FA19 !....What few have noted is that t!he ' 10 -men Cobblers ' were probably one of the best sides to visit the Store first this season. That's probably what prompted me to say that without a shadow of doubt we were by far second-best in every department !...as we were at Tranmere et al !.
Northampton had shape and desire and the skilled players able to back up their Manager's game-plan.
One final thought I had as I left the ground was ' they can't possibly train all week to produce the non-soccer (if that's an acceptable term ?) which I had just witnessed !....and I was saddened by the thought !.

QUO VADIS STANLEY ?.

Last edited by yonmon; 01-02-2015 at 11:47.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:46   #94
God Member

Couldn't make the game due to other commitments. Just seen the goals. Oh dear.

Obviously Macey isn't ready for this level and needs sending back. A problem might arise if Stanley face a financial penalty from his parent club for ending his spell prematurely. The other option - leaving him on the bench and starting Dawber - might leave us with hefty wages to pay. Who'd be a manager?

I'm not concerned about relegation. Looking forward to the summer when John and Jimmy can rebuild this side.
DAV007, football19 and AsFc62 like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:55   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Looking forward to the summer when John and Jimmy can rebuild this side.
I'm not sure that rebuilding is need - but training is.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:59   #96
God Member

Quote:
I'm not sure that rebuilding is need - but training is.
I had a count up the other day of how many players remain in the squad that were not signed by John Coleman. From the top of my head it was 12/13 - a good chunk of which need cutting loose this summer in my opinion. Plus, if terrace hearsay on Beattie's budget arrangements are even half true, there's a great deal of rebuilding required in order to build a competitive squad for next year.
DAV007 likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:17   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think thats balls shaker, A great deal of rebuilding? Besides the obvious keeper i reckon we need a player wi the competitiveness of proccy, but quicker plus a player who happens to be a striker, not shove ins who are not. we got a decent crux of a team no doubt at all. Try counting the fans who may be lost by John Coleman thats a harder task fer anyone.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:27   #98
Senior Member+

It's strange that it's come too this.. Four weeks ago Coley was saying what a great squad he had ,we were just out of the play offs with a game in hand.What a turnaround in such a short time... Somehow it'll be Beatties fault and not Super Johnnies.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:31   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
It's strange that it's come too this.. Four weeks ago Coley was saying what a great squad he had ,we were just out of the play offs with a game in hand.What a turnaround in such a short time... Somehow it'll be Beatties fault and not Super Johnnies.
And before that i recall him saying it was the strongest squad he ever had!! Funny how his ass kissers forget these things. Mind we have lost a damn good defender.
Old 01-02-2015, 13:03   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
FA19 !....What few have noted is that t!he ' 10 -men Cobblers ' were probably one of the best sides to visit the Store first this season. That's probably what prompted me to say that without a shadow of doubt we were by far second-best in every department !...as we were at Tranmere et al !.
Northampton had shape and desire and the skilled players able to back up their Manager's game-plan.
One final thought I had as I left the ground was ' they can't possibly train all week to produce the non-soccer (if that's an acceptable term ?) which I had just witnessed !....and I was saddened by the thought !.

QUO VADIS STANLEY ?.
They were a good team,and their playing budgets probably double ours so we have to keep things real.
You can go thro their team and they have invested heavy in getting away from the relegation zone,we simply cant do that.
They have Richards and otoole up top,we have Carver and McGuire,love to put their career stats side by side !!
We have lost probably three of our star performers (keeper,Jonno and Tom)
what are people expecting.
We have introduced "rookies"to plug gaps (not their fault),Carver,Coneelly,keeper,Bucko,how many games have they played??,that's nearly half your team and more importantly part of the spine,which is key to success.
Saying that,we should still of got something out of the game,but our inexperience cost us dearly,hopefully Coley addresses this and we start picking up points.
DAV007 likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 14:29   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I had a count up the other day of how many players remain in the squad that were not signed by John Coleman. From the top of my head it was 12/13 - a good chunk of which need cutting loose this summer in my opinion. Plus, if terrace hearsay on Beattie's budget arrangements are even half true, there's a great deal of rebuilding required in order to build a competitive squad for next year.
If the outfield players he 're-builds' with are of the standard he has signed since he's been back we are in big trouble, because apart from O'Sullivan none have been better than what was already here (Crooks, Maguire, Barry, Molynuex, Conneely, Rodden).
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 14:34   #102
Senior Member+

Quote:
Not true. There had been interest from bigger clubs in the last transfer window. He had not wanted to leave Stanley.
No.
Please speake to the lad.
He wanted to move on to a higher league and ideally a club in the north west.
I dont think he would have left for a club in the same division.

Its a massive step up for him to play in the championship, and while Blackpool currently look certain for relegation, he will have at the very least trebled his wages and will get the chance to test himself in league 1 again.

I hope he proves himself.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 14:36   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
If the outfield players he 're-builds' with are of the standard he has signed since he's been back we are in big trouble, because apart from O'Sullivan none have been better than what was already here (Crooks, Maguire, Barry, Molynuex, Conneely, Rodden).
Most of them are loanees frank,which is always a risk,who thought moly wouldn't reproduce his previous form?.
I think we are bottom of the food chain when it comes to loanees !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 14:39   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
No.
Please speake to the lad.
I assume that you have done so - on one of your many visits to the Crown Ground. How did the conversation go? Please tell us.
Old 01-02-2015, 14:41   #105
Senior Member+

I have already told you in the above post why did you ignore it?
Feel free to ask him on twitter.

Can you please stop trying to cause anamosity and division on this forum, the tone and bile in your posts is not required.
We need to stick together.
Lets keep it civilised.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..