Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 20:03   #16
God Member

Re: not certain BUT.......

is this us clearing the decks for a loan striker
Old 06-02-2008, 20:09   #17

stuart fleetwood i wish!! This is a quiet way of saying WE GOT NO MONEY
grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 20:29   #18
God Member

I liked Rommy a good footballer & true gent

All the Best for the future Rommy

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 21:00   #19
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Gutted really am and my 2 lads are upset. As much as i wish Rommy well and good look ' just wish it was'nt true especialy after the fans forum in the crown when boco was mentioned and we we're told their was'nt a problem
Old 06-02-2008, 21:04   #20

Sad. Wonder if Coley will have anything to say?
melonhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 21:07   #21
Member.

My partner is not a Stanley Fan, in fact I considered divorce, but in truth she was gobbsmacked when I told her Rommey was leaving, she even watched the ACN matches too see him.

I really think this is a bad day for us.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 21:07   #22
Senior Member+

If the Telegraph story was true, then it won't be the first time that players have been forced out of the club due to xenophobic attitudes.

I think there's a tendency when players leave the club to sentimentalise them. Boco was ok in the Conference, but to be honest he hasn't really made the step up since we won promotion. I can't see any English league clubs lining up to sign him. If he does stay in the UK I'd be surprised if he became a regular in any team above Blue Square Premier level.

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 06-02-2008 at 21:09.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 21:10   #23
God Member

Quite upset at this but not surprised.

Gutted for a few reasons;
1) Alone; Rommy's presence in a Stanley shirt brought life to the whole team. Passes improved when he was involved, we showed skill and confidence.
2) How great was it to see a lad so happy to play football in the modern day! Of course, with this much personal passion in his game; it was inevitable that with things going wrong off the pitch, performances upon it would be affected.
3) As others have said if we'd have put him on the transfer list in the summer we'd have achieved a transfer fee, however as it is we've probably had to pay his contract out!
4) A true gent.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 22:00   #24
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
is this us clearing the decks for a loan striker
It's another obstacle out of the way for the return of fat boy McEvilly

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 22:12   #25
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
It's another obstacle out of the way for the return of fat boy McEvilly
Don't put bloody ideas in his head............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 06-02-2008, 22:23   #26

came 'home' for the Leicester game last year and applauded Rommy as he headed for the dressing rooms after the game - seeing this, he came over to shake hands with this ordinary fan. What a gent - other than Mullers once saying hello during a warm up, no other player has acknowledged my support.Shame to see him leave - respect and best wishes, Rommy.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 22:25   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
came 'home' for the Leicester game last year and applauded Rommy as he headed for the dressing rooms after the game - seeing this, he came over to shake hands with this ordinary fan. What a gent - other than Mullers once saying hello during a warm up, no other player has acknowledged my support.Shame to see him leave - respect and best wishes, Rommy.
That reminds me of when he first joined us and when he was leaving the pitch I shouted "I love you Rommy" in French..he grinned and gave a big thumbs up...reminded him about it a year later on a night out and he remembered it, and we had a good laugh about it

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 22:27   #28
Full Member+

Agreed. Very sorry to see him go, but if a player is unsettled and doesn't want to stay, then it's pointless to stand in his way. Bonne chance Rommy, et tous nos meilleurs souhaits pour l'avenir!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 22:31   #29
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

My daughter and her classmates loved it when he went to a local school to help with their french lesson, his visit persueded some of them to attend Stanley games.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 22:34   #30
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
That reminds me of when he first joined us and when he was leaving the pitch I shouted "I love you Rommy" in French..he grinned and gave a big thumbs up...reminded him about it a year later on a night out and he remembered it, and we had a good laugh about it
And you got a sweaty cuddle behind the clayton end goal line after he scored

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..