Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 23:39   #31
God Member

Re: not certain BUT.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
And you got a sweaty cuddle behind the clayton end goal line after he scored

Ssshhhhhhhhhh

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2008, 09:40   #32
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Boco was ok in the Conference, but to be honest he hasn't really made the step up since we won promotion. I can't see any English league clubs lining up to sign him. If he does stay in the UK I'd be surprised if he became a regular in any team above Blue Square Premier level.
Doesn't that apply to most of our players?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:21   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
It's another obstacle out of the way for the return of fat boy McEvilly
That horrible thought had crossed my mind too - and with now we have only 1 fit striker available it could well happen (god forbid!)
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:24   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Gutted really am and my 2 lads are upset. As much as i wish Rommy well and good look ' just wish it was'nt true especialy after the fans forum in the crown when boco was mentioned and we we're told their was'nt a problem
So does everyone who went to the fans forum stiill think our 'dynamic duo' were being completely open & honest?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:34   #35

That is depressing news ! I'm just off to put the oven on,regulo 8, and stick my head in ! B8ll8CKS !!!!!!!!
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:59   #36
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
That horrible thought had crossed my mind too - and with now we have only 1 fit striker available it could well happen (god forbid!)
Who is the one fit striker? It can't be Mully because Coley says Mully is not a striker he is a target man.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:53   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
came 'home' for the Leicester game last year and applauded Rommy as he headed for the dressing rooms after the game - seeing this, he came over to shake hands with this ordinary fan. What a gent - other than Mullers once saying hello during a warm up, no other player has acknowledged my support.Shame to see him leave - respect and best wishes, Rommy.
How very true. The only player to acknowledge my presence at Hereford this season. A fine young man. As others have said, there was always a buzz when he was involved in the game. Quick, alert, able to create space for himself and others. Let's hope it's au revoir rather than adieu. Good luck, Rommy.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 18:22   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accymad
So does everyone who went to the fans forum stiill think our 'dynamic duo' were being completely open & honest?:confused
tomorrows Observer contains a big piece on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley
manager John Coleman admitted he was upset on thursday when Boco's Stanley career cam to an end "Rommy is a lovely lad and I am very disappointed in the the situation - not in Rommy
Quote:
when he signed the new contract last year he was the highest paid player ever at Accrington
Quote:
in the end we had to do what was right for Rommy, who has been a great servant to the club
[=Boco] I am sad to go ...... but the time was right. I have been here since 2005 and it is not the club but I just want to move on .... I have just fallen out of love with it all and when that happens it is time to move on..... I have never seen fans like them. They travel miles to watch Accrington and keep singing, no matter what the score [/quote]

[=Boco] I know there was a newspaper article saying I felt left out but I was misquoted on that [/quote]

bon voyage Rommy and thanks for the memories

[=Bocowhiledrivingcrappyclubnissanbubblecar] yes ee's **** car no? [/quote]

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 07-02-2008 at 18:28.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 00:16   #39
Senior Member+

Gutted which player am I gonna ambush into being the ladies team lucky mascot now!!! We never lost when he came to watch, in fact we got our first draw and our first win whilst in his presence!!! I'll never forget the look on his face when the final whistle went on our first win and 30 odd people rushed on to the pitch and started jumping around like we'd won the world cup, total confusion combined with the biggest smile on the planet!!!! I'll miss him.

One lad who in his own words was definately not a 'bad player'!!!

Good luck Rommy.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 18:10   #40

Gutted, Cant believe he`s going
Old 08-02-2008, 19:51   #41

am not too fussed to be honest we need players who want to be here and if he didnt then no point keepeing him. coleman says he was homesick so if he signs for any1 else i will be very dissappointed. bocos main problem was he didnt really have a proper position.
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 19:58   #42

Thumbs down Re: not certain BUT.......

Apparently he had suffered a very bad facial injury...

Good luck Rommy you deserved better.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 20:06   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us the old gree View Post
Apparently he had suffered a very bad facial injury...
now where have I heard that before??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 20:21   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
now where have I heard that before??
Aye, it's starting to have a very familiar ring ............. David Brown suffered the same ailment.
Old 10-02-2008, 20:27   #45
Junior Member+

well lads.....im a sligo rovers supporter, we're in the premier league here in ireland....paul cook is our manager!!
ye think boco could join us?? heard something the other day.....
feo123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..