Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2008, 19:30   #46
God Member

Re: not certain BUT.......

I don't think it's likely to be honest. He thought Accrington was too rural for him so can't see him moving to Ireland. Best of luck Rom wherever you go.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-02-2008, 19:40   #47
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I don't think it's likely to be honest. He thought Accrington was too rural for him so can't see him moving to Ireland. Best of luck Rom wherever you go.
did ye like cooky out of interest?

hopefully boco comes....from what ive been reading here and on other sites he seems a good player and a lovely fella
feo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 19:43   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feo123 View Post
did ye like cooky out of interest?

hopefully boco comes....from what ive been reading here and on other sites he seems a good player and a lovely fella
Cook was a superb player when he first came to us however when age caught up with him his performances on the pitch dwindled. He was a very good coach for us though; personally I feel we've desperately missed a coach who carried out his role at the club since his departure.

p.s; you are right about Boco - true gentleman and a gifted footballer.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 19:44   #49
Junior Member+

Quote:
Cook was a superb player when he first came to us however when age caught up with him his performances on the pitch dwindled. He was a very good coach for us though; personally I feel we've desperately missed a coach who carried out his role at the club since his departure.
well he's a fans favourite here now, he got us playing some top class football last season, we're in our pre season here now btw.
he is always totally honest with fans and media, a great character
Old 10-02-2008, 20:59   #50
God Member

Quote:
Very true, i miss cooky not only was he a great character onfield & a great coach [yeh i feel we have missed his coaching style] very instrumental on getting the team up to the league, but also great with the fans a people person & presence in clubhouse, very friendly approachable guy, always said hello then chat to u if you've known him for ages & always said goodbye before leaving

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 22:21   #51
God Member

Sligo Rovers pre-season tour!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2008, 22:21   #52
Junior Member+

yeah he's a gent. we also signed sean doherty the other week, scired yesterday ina friendly, what you make of him?
Old 10-02-2008, 23:01   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by feo123 View Post
yeah he's a gent. we also signed sean doherty the other week, scired yesterday ina friendly, what you make of him?
The opinions on this would justify a thread in their own right but it might be monotonous in its unamity.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 23:43   #54
God Member

definitely talented but seemed scared of putting his foot in due to injuries he has received. We all really wanted him to succeed with us but it seemed like we were carrying a passenger most of the time. Hopefully, he'll get past his mental block and will show the promise again that made him one of Englands most expensive teenagers once upon a time.
Old 11-02-2008, 23:22   #55

He's signed for Sligo

Sligo Rovers F.C. - Rovers sign Benin international
Plexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 00:31   #56
God Member

well you can forget all that rubbish about homesickness then
Old 12-02-2008, 03:57   #57
Resting in Peace

Hmmmmmmmmmmm been thinking all sorts here bout why he left. Feel it was because he was away with ANC that deal done after window closed with "mutal agreement" statement.

Good luck Boco in whatever you do.

Its just a shame it looks back door-ish the way things have happened
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 07:15   #58
God Member

The homesickness thing didn't really ring true to be honest, just hope that Rommy's happy at Sligo & that Cooky looks after him properly.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:52   #59

i go out for carnaval and when i come back i receive such a bad new
Old 12-02-2008, 12:33   #60

What? You mean the bright lights of "big city" Warrington weren't good enough to make him stay?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..