Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2016, 08:51   #16

Re: Notts County match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
When was Buxton injured? He was sent off against Carlisle for 2 yellow cards which is why he missed the game against Oxford, but I believe he is available for tonight. Your not thinking of Joe Wright or Tom Davies by any chance are you. Joe is back at Huddersfield receiving treatment for a ankle problem and Tom was sent off against Oxford so wouldn't be available to play anyway.

Buxton is available tonight. How about Wakefield for the missing centre-half(think he played here before).
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2016, 09:05   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Buxton is available tonight. How about Wakefield for the missing centre-half(think he played here before).
he played for Donny rovers there I think. a very winnable game against a struggling side. they won away on Saturday and its faily rare sides win back to back away games in a few days. hope they play like they did against Salford in the fa cup as any side we put out would beat them.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 09:10   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Going back, all the midweek games used to be weds, suppose it interferes wi the money men now?
we,ve got a Wednesday game coming up next month against Wycombe. will be interested to see what crowd we,ll get given a decent rain and frost free night. personally i.d prefer Wednesday over Tuesday anyday.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 10:38   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I have always preferred Weds nights, but thats just a personnel thing i suppose.
Old 23-02-2016, 12:07   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
...they won away on Saturday and its faily rare sides win back to back away games in a few days. ..

They lost, at home, against Leyton Orient.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 14:11   #21
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=maccawozzagod;1161905]Etheridge

Halliday, Pearson, Hughes, Wakefield (I'd prefer to Buxton as he'll be injured for another fortnight if he plays tomorrow)

Mingola, Crooks, Conneely, McConville

Boco

Kee

Macca,
I would play Buxton unless there is a niggling doubt about his fitness?
For me selecting Hughes to start would also depend upon his fitness....ie 'Match Fitness'.
I don't think that he has played a full match for a while but I remember his last spell with us and he was pretty solid at the back for us.
I am still not convinced that Rommy, (even though I love him to bits), is up to the standard that we have been producing this season. Having said that I am not sure who I would pick instead of him?

Coley on the Fishy site is calling for the supporters to provide a 'BIG ATMOSPHERE' tonight and be the 12th MAN.
I wish now that I had gone to Oxford! I bet those who went had a FAB time and a wonderful journey home with their cheeks aching from constantly smiling!
So YES. Let's all get right behind the team tonight and make as much noise as we can. Fly the Flags 'young uns' and sing and scream for the BOYS IN RED.
ON STANLEY ON
UPWARD AND ONWARD
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 15:19   #22
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=choirboy;1161997]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Etheridge

Halliday, Pearson, Hughes, Wakefield (I'd prefer to Buxton as he'll be injured for another fortnight if he plays tomorrow)

Mingola, Crooks, Conneely, McConville

Boco

Kee

Macca,
I would play Buxton unless there is a niggling doubt about his fitness?
For me selecting Hughes to start would also depend upon his fitness....ie 'Match Fitness'.
I don't think that he has played a full match for a while but I remember his last spell with us and he was pretty solid at the back for us.
I am still not convinced that Rommy, (even though I love him to bits), is up to the standard that we have been producing this season. Having said that I am not sure who I would pick instead of him?

Coley on the Fishy site is calling for the supporters to provide a 'BIG ATMOSPHERE' tonight and be the 12th MAN.
I wish now that I had gone to Oxford! I bet those who went had a FAB time and a wonderful journey home with their cheeks aching from constantly smiling!
So YES. Let's all get right behind the team tonight and make as much noise as we can. Fly the Flags 'young uns' and sing and scream for the BOYS IN RED.
ON STANLEY ON
UPWARD AND ONWARD
doesn't Hughes have a calf injury ?
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 16:21   #23
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=accybeme;1162002]
Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
doesn't Hughes have a calf injury ?
This was on the Stanley Team News on the Fishy Site this afternoon......

"January signing Mark Hughes is hoping to be fit after returning to training following a calf problem".
Old 23-02-2016, 16:50   #24
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=choirboy;1162005]
Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post

This was on the Stanley Team News on the Fishy Site this afternoon......

"January signing Mark Hughes is hoping to be fit after returning to training following a calf problem".
thanks for the info choirboy have looked on fishy but didn't find the quote
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 17:30   #25
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=accybeme;1162011]
Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
thanks for the info choirboy have looked on fishy but didn't find the quote
Click on the 'Stanley v Notts County' article then scroll down and click on 'Stanley Team News'
Old 23-02-2016, 17:35   #26
God Member

ha ha, I'd forgot Buxton was red-carded. Anyhoo, I stand by my statement that he'll probably be injured if he plays tonight - saturday is a bigger game!!!!
Old 23-02-2016, 20:40   #27
Senior Member+

Thank the - for that. Why do they do that to us??
Old 23-02-2016, 20:42   #28
God Member

Another great 3 points, but your right, Chimer, it's b****y agony having to track things on the Internet.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 21:06   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The 3pts is great but we shoulda won by a cricket score, we seemed to swop the crap 1st half for the second, end of the day we could easy have lost 2 pts.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 23-02-2016, 21:17   #30
God Member

Cracking game tonight just a shame more did,not turn up to watch Notts County are,nt as bad as there league position suggests, we could and should have had a couple more but the substitution,s changed the game we seemed to lose our shape not supporting Billy Kee like Boco had done all evening but we hung on for the points thought Mark Hughes had an outstanding second debut and I think we also missed him when he was subbed but well done lads Plymouth now in our sights come on Stanley.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..