Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2016, 21:20   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Notts County match thread

Phew but still 3 points...onwards and upwards they are a club with highly paid players and a club in disarray we are a club with spirit I know what I prefer ..ON STANLEY ON!
AccyMad and cashman like this.
Old 23-02-2016, 21:24   #32
Senior Member+

I listened on radio in Nottingham tonight and all I could hear was The Clayton End well done lads a great racket you've done the club really proud!
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 23-02-2016, 21:42   #33
Senior Member+

Just got back home and for my two'penneth although we went 2-0 early in the first half, I thought we then sat back and let them come at us. Boco scores a fab goal early doors in the 2nd half and the ref (where do they find them?) lets them back in with a goal that should never have stood due to a foul on Billy Kee in the centre circle. 2nd goal they score was a good breakaway goal but the supporters and management should never have been allowed to sweat like that. We could and should have won by a cricket score. Crooks looked totally disinterested and wasn't in the game at all. Not to worry Maccawazagod, Bucko will be playing on Saturday.

See both Nottingham teams went home with their tails between their legs tonight lol

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 21:44   #34
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Chris, what is the difference in cost from what you paid last year to this, is it worth giving up watching the best team in our town?
If it is enough to stop you coming to the Crown/Wham, I am sure that there are many on here, myself included, who would be happy to make up the shortfall, in order to ensure we do not lose another loyal fan.

I appreciate that there is a 'principle' involved here, but there is also an old saying about 'cutting your nose off to spite your face'
Maybe it is time to gracefully admit defeat in a situation which, however regretfully, you are never going to win, as other events recently, regarding staff changes etc. show that this new regime does not particularly care about those who have spent many years either supporting, or indeed, working for the club.
Eric, despite his many failings, would never had treated people in this way.. hopefully, he is not turning in his grave!
You are 100% right it is a principle and I accept he has won for now, but I can afford the full price and that alone would not stop me going. I am not cutting my nose off to spite my face as I see it. This man is a bully and a very unpleasant individual and I can't back down to a bully. I will simply allow him enough rope and he will hang himself. I just don't want the club and team to suffer. I know I am not the only one peed off for this and other stunts he has pulled. Tonight was the last night you can pay on the gate I noticed one or two fans a little less than happy about this. He may sell this as a modernising the club but he is damaging the club. The club is no longer a community inclusive club it is an exclusive club. But the season is not over yet.
KiTChener and cashman like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 21:52   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Cracking game tonight just a shame more did,not turn up to watch Notts County are,nt as bad as there league position suggests, we could and should have had a couple more but the substitution,s changed the game we seemed to lose our shape not supporting Billy Kee like Boco had done all evening but we hung on for the points thought Mark Hughes had an outstanding second debut and I think we also missed him when he was subbed but well done lads Plymouth now in our sights come on Stanley.
I agree with your summary Andyyd.

We played them off the park in the first half and 4 - 0 or 5 - 0 would not have flattered us at half time! Hughes and Boco looked like they had played in the team all season. I had my doubts about Rommy but he proved me totally wrong. He has obviously been coached intensely into the 'Come and meet the ball' method that Coley and Jimmy have developed this season. Hughes too looked assured and McLeod and Stead didn't get a look in at all in the first half!
They were a different team in the second half. Right from the whistle they played a faster tempo and got the ball forward more quickly albeit frequently using Route One but also using their wingers too. It was a relief when we scored the third against the run of the play.
Halliday got a bloodied nose after which he was less effective and when they scored their first goal we had lost our shape somewhat.

When Rommy and Hughes were subbed we lost our shape even more and they started to dominate with their long ball and direct tactics.
We should still have scored late on because we had more chances to do so. Especially with Crooksy getting into good scoring positions but the lad just does not seem to be able to shoot. His passing game is excellent but his shooting is poor in contrast. He was a bit unlucky with a great ball in from the left from Sean Mac but he slightly over ran the ball and finished trying to drag the ball forward.
Nonetheless it was a good result and more importantly THREE valuable POINTS.
Plymouth only drew and Portsmouth lost tonight which was a help!
A full 90 minutes on saturday like the first 45 minutes tonight will be what John and Jimmy will be demanding in training this week.
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 23-02-2016 at 21:58.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 22:03   #36
Senior Member+

Good 3 points tonight against a team who I really can't fathom out.
With stead,mc cloud and banton up top should be near the top and are obviously low on confidence.
The game was wide open from the start and we pressed,moved the ball at pace and the performance was full of energy.
It eventually caught up with us and we started dropping deeper and not supporting Kee.
We made subs to freshen it up,but this had the adverse effect and we became disjointed .
We really should have been out of sight,with Crooksey not having his shooting boots on.
As I said we were good for 70 minutes,then died and only some last ditch blocks and tackles saved us.
Lessons learned,3points in the bag and we move on
KTF
AccyMad and Chrisr like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 22:11   #37
God Member

Don't think I can add anything to what's already been said, another wild ride on the Stanley rollercoaster which thankfully finished with 3 points in the bag.
Entertaining - certainly, good for the fingernails - most definitely not! & wouldn't have missed it for the world - let's crack on against Barnet on Saturday, can't wait
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 22:20   #38
Full Member+

Halliday should have been subbed after the nose bleed. It looked like a broken nose to me but me eyes arent that good. However he tried to battle on but was not as effective. Buxton played quite well and Piero is brilliant if thy would just lift their heads and pass it across the park to him. If Crooks was a striker we would have gone in 5-0 up at half time. he is a good midfielder but he couldn't score in an open net, A good battle and we deserve to be where we are because we are worth it, I won't mention the appalling officials, we really should question their competence. but 3 more points to the golden dream.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 06:22   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
You are 100% right it is a principle and I accept he has won for now, but I can afford the full price and that alone would not stop me going. I am not cutting my nose off to spite my face as I see it. This man is a bully and a very unpleasant individual and I can't back down to a bully. I will simply allow him enough rope and he will hang himself. I just don't want the club and team to suffer. I know I am not the only one peed off for this and other stunts he has pulled. Tonight was the last night you can pay on the gate I noticed one or two fans a little less than happy about this. He may sell this as a modernising the club but he is damaging the club. The club is no longer a community inclusive club it is an exclusive club. But the season is not over yet.
I heard a few moaning about not paying on the gate any longer have,nt seen anything on official sites anywhere if true could really shoot themselves in foot with this one could lose half our crowd in one fell swoop.
AccyMad likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 06:36   #40
Senior Member+

Highlights...

Accrington 3-2 Notts County | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
cashman likes this.
Old 24-02-2016, 07:07   #41
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
I heard a few moaning about not paying on the gate any longer have,nt seen anything on official sites anywhere if true could really shoot themselves in foot with this one could lose half our crowd in one fell swoop.
The only thing I can think of with this ticket only , is that its rewards the fans that come to home games regular, has a season ticket holder I have my own ticket so if we end up in the play offs then I get a ticket for the home and away legs offered first, now how would you feel if you had been attending all the home games as a pay at the gate ,and not been able to get a ticket for the playoffs because there's a big demand from those that didn't attend match's as often as you. I think and my thoughts only are in away good if only to prove that you've been to home games by keeping the stub your guaranteed to get a play off ticket but I may be wrong..
Old 24-02-2016, 07:15   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
The only thing I can think of with this ticket only , is that its rewards the fans that come to home games regular, has a season ticket holder I have my own ticket so if we end up in the play offs then I get a ticket for the home and away legs offered first, now how would you feel if you had been attending all the home games as a pay at the gate ,and not been able to get a ticket for the playoffs because there's a big demand from those that didn't attend match's as often as you. I think and my thoughts only are in away good if only to prove that you've been to home games by keeping the stub your guaranteed to get a play off ticket but I may be wrong..
You may be right Mab but nobody has said anything surely Saturday they are,nt going to turn people without a ticket away or do they have to queue at the ticket office first again which creates problems if your at the last minute I think this could well put people off if not run right and efficiently.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 07:30   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
You may be right Mab but nobody has said anything surely Saturday they are,nt going to turn people without a ticket away or do they have to queue at the ticket office first again which creates problems if your at the last minute I think this could well put people off if not run right and efficiently.
I think it may well put casuals off full stop.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-02-2016, 07:43   #44
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
I believe theres going to be 2 GAZEBO type thing's out side the club shop where you can purchase a ticket ,Sold by Mr Burgess him self.
Old 24-02-2016, 08:38   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I think it may well put casuals off full stop.
if you turn up, have to queue, miss the kick off and an early goal you might think twice about coming again. professional football has been played for well over 100 years with a system of season tickets and paying cash at turnstiles. its worked ok so why change it. suppose its old fashioned for our new all change regime. if its not broke don,t fix it. terrible gate last night, yes it was cold but dry so I can,t see why any changers are needed. we need more to turn up not less.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..