Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2016, 13:43   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Notts County match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
then we may as well pack up and not bother at all!
I am seriously considering doing just that.
Old 24-02-2016, 15:58   #62
Resting in Peace

Talking Re: Notts County match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Just got back home and for my two'penneth although we went 2-0 early in the first half, I thought we then sat back and let them come at us. Boco scores a fab goal early doors in the 2nd half and the ref (where do they find them?) lets them back in with a goal that should never have stood due to a foul on Billy Kee in the centre circle. 2nd goal they score was a good breakaway goal but the supporters and management should never have been allowed to sweat like that. We could and should have won by a cricket score. Crooks looked totally disinterested and wasn't in the game at all.
3 times recently we have surrendered the initiative almost fatally at home when in a dominant position after making weird subs. Strange that we make subs unnecessarily early when in control but usually wait until 5 minutes to go when things aren't going well. I can understand why the subs were made last night as both Hughes and Rommmy haven't had much game time this season but we need to be really well prepared for the subs who do come on. I think you are being very harsh on Crooks to say he was totally disinterested. I'll bet his Opta statistics or whatever they're called show he was is possession all over the pitch more than any other of our lads. Ok he should have had a hat trick but we all know he will never be a striker, and he more than makes up by running the show along with his mate Seamus. As Choirboy says, he should be told to pass when around the box, rather than shoot.
AccyMad likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 17:18   #63

Maybe arriving a bit early for a game so you can get a ticket isn't such a bad thing. Means you might buy a programme/food/go in the club shop etc.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 18:15   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
Maybe arriving a bit early for a game so you can get a ticket isn't such a bad thing. Means you might buy a programme/food/go in the club shop etc.
Or you stay in the pub until 10 minutes before kick off, see the queue for tickets and head back to the pub.

For the record I do go early to get my ticket from my flexi and buy my programme. There's nothing in the shop I want as I have both shirts, three or four scarves etc but I've travelled quite a distance as a "casual long distance attendee". Not my words, those of the new MD during a discussion on the merits of flexis compared to a season ticket.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 18:20   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post

And thirdly, does this mean we have a new ticketing system? We shall certainly need one if we are indeed promoted. It has been a constant source of annoyance to me that, since the days of Lou Carroll, I have been unable to buy tickets when several members of my family come along. To ensure that we have 5 or 6 seats together next to mine has meant arriving quite early (to the annoyance of the children, especially in bad weather) or risking those seats being available (or asking people to move). Here I must thank the two people (they know who they are) who have done their very best to ensure that seats were available.

This is something that should be addressed by advance sales of seats together but it wouldn't surprise me if they say you should buy 6 season tickets.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 24-02-2016, 18:20   #66
God Member

Nice description for someone who spends so much time & money travelling to our home games - this Mr. Burgess sounds a real treat to talk to
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 18:44   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Nice description for someone who spends so much time & money travelling to our home games - this Mr. Burgess sounds a real treat to talk to
He might be right next season the way things are going!
Old 24-02-2016, 23:09   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
"casual long distance attendee"
Absolutely disgraceful description. No doubt he will put me in the same category.

I am hoping to meet Mr Burgess on Saturday. I would like him to explain in person exactly what is casual about a 15 hour trip to watch Stanley at a cost of about £100. And that is just for Saturday games. I'll be coming to the Portsmouth game. That will involve an overnight stay so let's say £140 - for a trip lasting about 24 hours. "Long distance attendee" - certainly. "Casual" - certainly not. I do hope that Mr Burgess will explain exactly how my trips to support the club are casual.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2016, 06:20   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Absolutely disgraceful description. No doubt he will put me in the same category.

I am hoping to meet Mr Burgess on Saturday. I would like him to explain in person exactly what is casual about a 15 hour trip to watch Stanley at a cost of about £100. And that is just for Saturday games. I'll be coming to the Portsmouth game. That will involve an overnight stay so let's say £140 - for a trip lasting about 24 hours. "Long distance attendee" - certainly. "Casual" - certainly not. I do hope that Mr Burgess will explain exactly how my trips to support the club are casual.
You will be fine, it's probably just me and my flexi he doesn't like .

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..