Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lancsdave

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 11:34   #1
Senior Member+

OAP concession conflict 60+ verse 65+

As I understand the rules on OAP concession’s age it has been left to the individual clubs to decide what age the concession’s should start some are 60+ and some like ours is now 65+
Looking at ticket prices for the home match against Plymouth on the 22nd Dec.
I see that the Plymouth away supporters who are 60+ can purchase concession ticket.
Stanley home supporters have to be 65+ before they can purchase a concessionary ticket.
Is this legal,

since posting I have looked at the Plymouth web page and see there concessions are 65+
so the 60+ shown on the link given below is obviously an error

Accrington Ticket Details

Last edited by accybeme; 06-12-2012 at 11:43.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-12-2012, 13:21   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: OAP concession conflict 60+ verse 65+

Stanleys was 60, been altered in recent years to 65.
Old 06-12-2012, 13:39   #3
Senior Member+

Should go with the bus pass / womens pension age really, currently about 61 and a quarter - but I would say that as I've just got my pass
Old 06-12-2012, 13:42   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Just occurred to me, is a womans season ticket also 65? That certainly should not be the case, in my view.
Old 06-12-2012, 15:31   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Just occurred to me, is a womans season ticket also 65? That certainly should not be the case, in my view.
They wanted equal rights, leave em to it
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 06-12-2012, 22:20   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
They wanted equal rights, leave em to it
Yes Dave, but when are we getting equal rights for men i.e. lowering our pension age instead of increasing it, instant jobless total reduction and country back on its feet. Pah!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 22:43   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
State pension age will be 67 by 2026, and 68 not long afterwards!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 21:46   #8

I was surprised when I went to the Stanley versus Gillingham match on 24th November that I had to pay the full £17 - I'm 63. I hadn't been for a while and seemed to remember that it was previously £13 with a concessionary rate of £10 for the over 60s. Anyway, it said in big letters "Over 65" so I was honest and paid the full rate. I think that any concessions should be matched to the current women's state retirement age - that's what happens for bus passes, winter fuel allowance, etc. Eventually it will all level out at 65 and then will begin to rise for everyone.
Judith Addison is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..