Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2012, 00:29   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Offer Leam The Job.

bottom line Leam the support you got today was fantastic and do not be a bitch to the snake
Old 28-10-2012, 15:44   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley5 View Post
Folks, am I being unreasonably pessimistic? Dan interviewed Leam after the game today and asked him if he wants the managerial position. He didn't offer an answer which I find rather worrying.
Someone else noticed:

Leam Richardson - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 18:09   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Personally i think that if club offer leam the post n no answer is given tomoz, the club should inform him it is being advertised n he will just be n applicant. It seems the best way to progress to me.
Old 28-10-2012, 18:18   #49

Although there are reports Leam will be offered the job, weren't the board meeting Sat night to discuss the vacancy ? If I were Leam then I wouldn't enthuse about taking the job in case that causes a mickey mouse salary offer. Sure, he is relatively inexperienced but I hope the board don't use that as an excuse for a 'silly beggar' offer to Leam. If he does get a reasonable offer, then he must balance a stable job with Stanley ( and knowing the fans are with him long haul ) against any lucrative job elsewhere that may prove shortish term if his no. 1 doesn't satisfy the new club's board.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 18:23   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
Although there are reports Leam will be offered the job, weren't the board meeting Sat night to discuss the vacancy ? If I were Leam then I wouldn't enthuse about taking the job in case that causes a mickey mouse salary offer. Sure, he is relatively inexperienced but I hope the board don't use that as an excuse for a 'silly beggar' offer to Leam. If he does get a reasonable offer, then he must balance a stable job with Stanley ( and knowing the fans are with him long haul ) against any lucrative job elsewhere that may prove shortish term if his no. 1 doesn't satisfy the new club's board.
That seems to have nailed it right to me, Point i am making if thats the case n theres indecision, which i would hope there aint, Then it must be advertised P.D.Q. waiting could be fatal.
Old 28-10-2012, 18:43   #51
Junior Member+

Leam should have been given the job in the first place, but having said that he has had 8 months or so to see how things work without too much risk, which can only be to his betterment.I just hope Mr Marsden dosen't try to be clever and screw Leam financially thereby spoiling the atmosphere leading to a disgruntled manager.He deserves to be treated well as I am sure he will do a brilliant job.
Why did Phil Hackney leave ,anybody know ? I thought he did a brilliant job .
Why did we let Ryan Hopper go ?
All a bit strange !
The Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 18:53   #52

phil and ryan are both at morecambe
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 19:03   #53
Junior Member+

Absolutely hit the nail on the head !
Funny goings on over recent weeks.
Keep us in touch Zachy.
Your views needed.
Old 28-10-2012, 19:07   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hat View Post
Leam should have been given the job in the first place, but having said that he has had 8 months or so to see how things work without too much risk, which can only be to his betterment.I just hope Mr Marsden dosen't try to be clever and screw Leam financially thereby spoiling the atmosphere leading to a disgruntled manager.He deserves to be treated well as I am sure he will do a brilliant job.
Why did Phil Hackney leave ,anybody know ? I thought he did a brilliant job .
Why did we let Ryan Hopper go ?
All a bit strange !
Trying my best to keep out of this, but this part of the statement is possibly one of the most offensive that I have heard!!!!

Please look back over the last 6/8 years and you will realise how much in poor taste these words are!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 19:21   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Trying my best to keep out of this, but this part of the statement is possibly one of the most offensive that I have heard!!!!

Please look back over the last 6/8 years and you will realise how much in poor taste these words are!!!

I felt exactly the same when reading these ill-chosen words Val..another not-too-smart individual who speaks with the jaw-bone of an ass ??.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 21:26   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post

Couldn't agree more Val, the OP hasn't got a clue.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 08:57   #57
Senior Member+

According to the Telegraph on Twitter........ Leam has been offered the job
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 09:38   #58
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Darreners View Post
We over here at Red Darrener House are rare contributors but wish to convey our sincere hope that Leam gets offered the job as our permanent full time manager forthwith.
I remember the sole home game he took charge of last year- the 4-3 against Gillingham- and feeling chuffed that he'd at least got a chance to prove himself-and being kind of gutted when Paul Cook arrived- I dont know how he felt then but he handled it-as he appears to handle most things with thoughtfulness, dignity and professionalism.
Of course after a dreadful start we began to warm to Cook for the style of play more than anything. I do think in general if somebody thinks highly enough of us to offer us more money to do what we love we would possibly think firstly of our families and move on- I never met Cook personally but he always came across well in interviews etc . But speaking as a fan I cant help but feel as though we've been messed about and used, whether or not that is actually the case.
Anyway, I'd like to see Leam take the job and take Cook and his new found 'infrastructure' on this season and 'carve his name into legend ' indeed. ! And if he was messed about when Cook came- we really cant afford to do it again. I agree this could be a watershed moment for the club. Leam represents stability and continuity.
And I echo what has been said about really good people like Hackney, Hopper, Hughes, Hartford (note the alliteration)et al.Please come back! We were spoilt by having the same bloke there for thirteen years-now our little club are finding out the hard way about this cutthroat bloody business.
But that's precisely why we turn up every week-our club truly is like no other, and whatever happens, we'll get behind whoever.

But please, if possible, just give the job to Leam. Immediately.
Absolutely right, on all counts,except the "please". Just give him the job !!
Old 29-10-2012, 10:38   #59
God Member

Dany Robson‏@DanyRobson1

Managing Director Rob Heys is in talks with caretaker boss Leam Richardson this morning about taking over at asfc. Leam offered the job.

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 11:10   #60
Senior Member+

here's hoping that Leam takes the managers post at Stanley
but feel a bit concerned that we will not be able to match the wages on offer at Chesterfield, a big decision for Leam
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..