Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-10-2012, 11:29   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Offer Leam The Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
here's hoping that Leam takes the managers post at Stanley
but feel a bit concerned that we will not be able to match the wages on offer at Chesterfield, a big decision for Leam
Agree but hoping theres much more to it than that, At Chesterfield he would still be Number 2 at best, Plus only would have as much time as Snake to make n impact, IMHO. Also he has much more loyalty i reckon to Stanley, than the snake, I think as manager here it would be a good start at his age to become n established manager, cos he would probably get the time. If Snake "Bombs" at Chesterfield, were would that leave a number 2? Thats my thoughts.
Old 29-10-2012, 20:40   #62

spot on cashy just have to hope he has the ambition to manage in his own right
JIMSLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 21:46   #63
Senior Member+

Three managers I recall departing Hillsborough during Dave Allen's chairmanship and I cannot recall any of their assistants carrying on at the club after they left.

1 Terry Yorath. His assistant Willie Donachie left for Ipswich before Yorath himself departed. Yorath was given clearance to replace him but I am not sure who if any one replaced him. Certainly he did not retain the role under Chris Turner.

2. Chris Turner. Came in with assistant Colin West. When Turner was sacked I recall West went at the same time and later they went onto Stockport.

3. Paul Sturrock came in with assistant Kevin Summerfield. When Sturrock was sacked both left and Sturrock was replaced for about 5 games by the Academy Manager who did quite well but stepped back to his old role when Laws and assistant Russ Wilcox came in.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 29-10-2012 at 21:54.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2012, 22:07   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have always thought, if yer a number 2 n yeh have ambition to manage, its always much harder to get the chance, more so than one wi experience?
Old 29-10-2012, 23:00   #65

Phil Hackney: As far as i know Phil left after being undermined by Cookey. I'm led to believe there was constant questioning of Hackneys management and running of the centre of excellence and some of his staff. I've heard from coaches he wanted to change the way they were paid and wanted Phil to back it which Phil wouldn't. That's when all the scrutiny and questioning began at which time Phil told him to stick it up his arse!!

Phil did a marevelous job with the kids. He may have made mistakes and we wern't world beaters but we were making progress with the kids! And he was trying his best to bring in local kids from Lancs! Also don't forget Phil started the cofe in it's current form and sorted a lot out for the club! It could have been better but he had to duck and dive but was liked by everybody and don't forget he's a highly qualified coach which allowed the club to access a lot of funding!! Cock didn't understand this! Cock and his entourage wanted Phil out (Cook & Lodge-possibily Parry). Lodge may well have been jealous coz don't forget Coley fired him off before Coley employed Phil! Coley trusted Phil, left him alone to get on with the job.

Ryan Hopper. I believe Hopper was told off cock bluntly he had no future and wasn't good enough. Carver was virtually told the same. But he would have looked stupid releasing Carver when he started scoring at Marine. Cock blamed Phil for them not being good enough. But as far as i'm aware Cock handed them their debuts and gave them a contract not Phil. Cock said Phil had no sucees with players. But i look at Murph, Grant, turner and soon Dawber and i'm putting money on Carver! Phil also brought Will Buckley to the club (now at Brighton) but club couldn't offer him a deal before Rochdale nicked him. I don't think that's bad with no facilities, not much money, under and unpaid coaches, and club budgets forcing good staff to leave like Tim Breaker, Phil Backhouse, Asa hartford, Steve Wensley.

When Phil started the kids had no kit, no medical bag or staff. All above achieved in 6 years!

I say well done Phil Hackney and sorry you were treated the way you were off Cock and his entourage!

And i very strongly believe Phil would come back as assistant manger under Leam because he believes they coulkd have done the job before Cock and beena successful pairing!!

I believe Leam will take the job but we all have to realise he's a young man with a young family, and from Yorkshire sometimes it's hard for a no2 to take the job when some of the players are your friends. But Leam is capable of seperating that and i reckon as the respect of all the players. I reckon he's been offered the job but it depends on the deal. I'm wondering if the club want to install a number 2 like they did when Cock came in (Leam). Hope it's Phil Hackney

Ps don't let it be Les parry. Please stick to physio. Management should be ex players or good coaches!!!!
zachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 05:05   #66
God Member

Well, that seems to put some answers to some previous questions.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 06:44   #67
God Member

Nice post Zachy.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 08:07   #68

I have heard hatch was been pushed into the corner fined two weeks wages for not turning up to training when they ignored his text messages. Hopper wanted to stay but cock put him training with the youth team and a short time later he said you won't be getting a new deal at the end of the season, hopper wanted to keep coming in untill he got a trail elsewhere but cock said no you can't even train now because of the numbers in the first team and youth team no room for you, he also said if you don't leave now we won't let you cancel your contract for a trial and you will be out of a club with loads of other players in the summer. Carver was told he needs to look for a new club I believe and a few clubs are intersted in him in the none league scene.I believe both hopper and carver are good enough for our team and I would prefer them to some we have got.phil hackney did a great job a victim of the cock aswell unsettling us then jumps ship when 4 defeats in a row comes a long.bring on his return with Chesterfield!!!!
Wilsonromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 08:39   #69
God Member

well, where to start? If the previous posts are true then I wonder what Leams take on it all was? If he disagrees with any of all that then he should be straight on the phone and trying to right some wrongs
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 08:55   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
well, where to start? If the previous posts are true then I wonder what Leams take on it all was? If he disagrees with any of all that then he should be straight on the phone and trying to right some wrongs
Well surely that would depend on his plans?
Old 30-10-2012, 09:19   #71
Senior Member+

I liked Hopper, he looked a decent young prospect, but with the arrival of Miller in particular he was always going to struggle to command a place in the side.

I firmly believe Carver is good enough to be in the first team squad. Maybe not starting yet, but certainly as an impact sub.

As for Hatch....... it seems wherever he goes he is a pain in the backside. I wont lose any sleep over him going anyway.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 09:21   #72

A very interesting and enlightening post Zachy.

If that's the case, then we have had a right result getting someone to pay us to take him off our hands.

Sounds like this Snake is far from Charming.

Good Riddance
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 09:54   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

I firmly believe Carver is good enough to be in the first team squad. Maybe not starting yet, but certainly as an impact sub.As for Hatch....... it seems wherever he goes he is a pain in the backside. I wont lose any sleep over him going anyway.
Agreed. I liked what I saw of Carver at the end of last season when he mixed it with some tough defenders against Shrewsbury, I think it was. He seemed to relish the physical battle and gave as good as he got, whilst having a bit of crack with them too. He nearly scored soon after coming on that day, and with 8 goals in 11 for Marine I really hope he can figure for us sooner rather than later.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 15:05   #74

Spot on WilsonRomeo. That's just what happened with Hopper and Carver and Hopper in particular was heartbroken and couldn't understand it. For xx per week wages why couldn't we have just seen how he developed? Also post spot on with Carver, he's a physical player and anybody who watched the kids last year would see that he's up for the fight, physical, quick and can score and got attitiude! unless i'm sadly mistaken they are all ingriedients for a successful Stanley and league 2 player. Just hope Leam hasn't been tainted by cocks opinion and gives him a chance. I know Barrow and Stockport have had a look (i know staff at both). You know what will happen we will let him go and then he will play well in conference and go to a bigger club for money! I may be wrong but those 2 could have been victims in the war cock raged on Hackney just to prove a point. I would agree the club are well rid of the snake in a lot of respects. I do know he was and would have tried to bring the club in to a more professional position but it would have been at a cost of some the qualities the clubs has (unique club like no other) and a lot of people good people would have been sacrificied. There would have been no guarentee of anymore success and it would have been to only boost Cocks ambitions and ego.

Last edited by Mr T; 30-10-2012 at 17:20. Reason: personnal details
zachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 15:28   #75
Senior Member+

Are we now starting to see a reason for Murdoch's hitherto unexplained and sudden departure?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..