Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2012, 17:01   #76
Resting in Peace

Re: Offer Leam The Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Are we now starting to see a reason for Murdoch's hitherto unexplained and sudden departure?
Yes, and I got shot down in flames on here when I dared to suggest as much!
Sorry, crossed wires - I thought you were referring to Phil Hackney's departure.

Last edited by Redraine; 30-10-2012 at 17:05.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2012, 18:55   #77

Its rather a pity that coley hasn't bombed out at dale. If he had started the season badly, he would have been up for the bullet around now. Could have had compo from Dale, compo for cock and coley back at the helm for nothing!

Just a thought.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 19:53   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Its rather a pity that coley hasn't bombed out at dale. If he had started the season badly, he would have been up for the bullet around now. Could have had compo from Dale, compo for cock and coley back at the helm for nothing!

Just a thought.
I'll probably get shot down in flames for this but, sorry, I don't think that hypothetical scenario would have been the solution at all. Coley & Jimmy went at the right time & the club have moved on & if what Danny Coid has said in today's Telegraph about the reason he didn't play much under Coley is true that's another arguement for them not returning, IMO the only man for the job right now is Leam Richardson - fingers crossed he takes it.
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...n_stanley/news

Last edited by AccyMad; 30-10-2012 at 19:56.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 19:59   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'll probably get shot down in flames for this but, sorry, I don't think that hypothetical scenario would have been the solution at all. Coley & Jimmy went at the right time & the club have moved on & if what Danny Coid has said in today's Telegraph about the reason he didn't play much under Coley is true that's another arguement for them not returning, IMO the only man for the job right now is Leam Richardson - fingers crossed he takes it.
Accrington Stanley news from the Lancashire Telegraph
Agree 100%, that has got to be the dumbest idea i ever heard, its never good to go backwards,
Old 30-10-2012, 20:04   #80
Senior Member+

Never look back, simple.

Absolutely ridiculous a player of Coid's quality wasnt selected because he fell out with a member of the coaching staff.

Pathetic really.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 21:04   #81

And so the Coley bashers get their day in the sun again. I was beginning to think you'd left us. Perhaps being stung by the Cook debacle after decrying he was the second coming with ideas Coley couldn't comprehend.

It was a shame Cooky couldn't have left with the fans happy on the pitch but he has done a hell of a lot for the club in his short time off the field with his great visions within the community etc. Those at the club only have good words to say about him.

That said, he could have stayed on at least to see out one full season. Which is why Id like Leam to carry on the good work started.

In summary Cooky wasn't the messiah....but he's not a pariah either. He's just a selfish individual and I hope he bombs at Chesterfield.

Come on Leam take the job you know it makes sense.
Old 30-10-2012, 21:08   #82
Senior Member+

Nobody can ever deny what coley & jimmy did was magnificent.
But they where by no means the perfect duo.
It was the right time for them to go.

As for Cooky, he might have improved things off the field, but the bloke was obviously abit of a snake.

As others have said, hope he bombs at the Spirites.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 21:10   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post

As others have said, hope he bombs at the Spirites.
I concur. There's ambition and there's snakery. Forgets how he was sacked at Southport football league management seemed light years away until we gave him a chance.
Old 30-10-2012, 21:52   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I concur. There's ambition and there's snakery. Forgets how he was sacked at Southport football league management seemed light years away until we gave him a chance.
As well as walked away from Sligo, walked away from Stanley, n i have no doubt he will crap on chesterfield given the chance. agree he did his wack, in time he was here,cannot dispute that. But to me he has demonstrated his true colours,
Old 30-10-2012, 22:30   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
In summary Cooky wasn't the messiah....but he's not a pariah either. He's just a selfish individual and I hope he bombs at Chesterfield.
he's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy ....
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 07:48   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
he's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy ....
Let's hope his departure will welease Wichardson to take over.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 14:28   #87

How long does it take to say "Yes please Rob, I'd be honoured" or "No thanks Rob, I'm off with Cock" ??????
Old 31-10-2012, 14:31   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
How long does it take to say "Yes please Rob, I'd be honoured" or "No thanks Rob, I'm off with Cock" ??????
Much more to it n that, but must say thats the bit that bothers me. Day off today, so hopefully tomoz.?
Old 31-10-2012, 14:34   #89

Only wondering Cashy, cos Dany Robson was on Twitter earlier saying that something should be announced later today.

No news is Good news I suppose..............
Old 31-10-2012, 14:52   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Only wondering Cashy, cos Dany Robson was on Twitter earlier saying that something should be announced later today.

No news is Good news I suppose..............
Lets hope so, think everyone is wondering, Its human nature.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..