Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree208Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2015, 19:57   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Official accrington stanley supporters club

Can always help with a website etc or a young head of ideas. Drop us a PM if needed.
cashman and Chubbyman like this.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2015, 20:14   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Can always help with a website etc or a young head of ideas. Drop us a PM if needed.
I've e-mailed el capitain with your idea ,I said the same.Can you make the meeting on Wednesday,you sound perfect for the job,but it needs to go in front of the meeting.I'm sure Nick will message you tomorrow.Many thanks
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 20:59   #33

Pm sent fc stanley sir
Chubbyman likes this.
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 22:49   #34
Full Member+

Ha ha milk on the badge.

At the time of the advert Stanley got paid a 'substantial sum' for the use of the name, but people in the crowd reckoned it was about £10k. No idea if it was accurate, but that was a lot of money at he time with about a £400 gate. However the figures are all complete guesses, I can't remember the admission price that season.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 22:52   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Ha ha milk on the badge.

At the time of the advert Stanley got paid a 'substantial sum' for the use of the name, but people in the crowd reckoned it was about £10k. No idea if it was accurate, but that was a lot of money at he time with about a £400 gate. However the figures are all complete guesses, I can't remember the admission price that season.
This time the milks free when you spend a fiver on membership.
mab likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:38   #36

Great to meet nick in the sports bar on Saturday.

Badge is amazing.

Thanks nick.
cashman likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 08:43   #37

Thank smoile for that we have more badges in the pipeline watch this space
Old 03-02-2015, 22:47   #38
Senior Member+

Unfortunately didn't get a PM Nick however I won't be able to attend the next meeting due to work commitments.

I haven't been to one for many a year , just hope there's more enthusiasm and ideas there then last time ha... Oh and more people!

Old 04-02-2015, 09:09   #39

Fc stanley I sent you a pm on sunday night with an invite, we are very keen to get a website up and running but it needs an expert and dedication to do this, you are welcome to come to any meeting,
or email me on [email protected]
Malcolm Isherwood vice chairman and myself are willing to come and see you over a pint to discuss the matter, we only took over 3 weeks ago and we are not trying to build rome in one day we are trying to unite all parts of the club as one.

cheers nick
Old 04-02-2015, 09:29   #40
God Member

If it's the Official Supporters Club, it would make sense for all information to be held on the official club website. Nothing worse than a new website starting up and seeing it go to the scrap heap after people lose interest - that's not even mentioning the ongoing hosting/domain costs. I'd speak to Dan & Lee Carter to see what the capacity is before going and starting up a brand new site. There have now been two separate Stanley sites that have gone to the dogs and I'd hate to see another one rot away with outdated information.
baldy, cashman, yonmon and 2 others like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:36   #41

Thanks shakermaker I have got meetings with the club in the next two weeks
its on my agenda for discussion

Cheers Nick
Old 04-02-2015, 09:55   #42
God Member

Exhibit A: Accrington Stanley - Official Supporters Club
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 10:12   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Aye true, but doubt very much if Nick will abscond.
Old 04-02-2015, 22:18   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

But as you will see Shaker , as soon as I opened that page it must be the most uninteresting website page you could possibly see! A new website needs to be professional as well as enticing!

What the osc needs is a website that has daily Stanley news on , a website where you can sign up and pay your membership for the supporters club, a place where you can order a supporters club scarf or badge. Another idea is to try and branch out to businesses to also sign up to osc. Why not have a weekly email to each OSC member giving you all the news from the week , prices , fixtures, offers, memorabilia in the club shop, events and a thank you for being a member.

They need a good and modern Facebook and Twitter account to mass out to the millions already on there!

Why not create a smart phone app ? Giving you the fixtures , latest news from the official website , news from the osc , videos from the player interviews and links to the goals from fixtures etc. It takes time but it's easily done.

There's so many ideas but like you say, Rome wasn't built in a day.....
Chubbyman likes this.

Old 04-02-2015, 22:54   #45
Senior Member+

I think Shaker is spot on, for whatever reason before OSC websites haven't worked previously, I doubt the OSC will be doing news stories every day or even every other day so people will lose interest in visiting an OSC website with regular updates.

You need a website that people visit daily and the Official website is one that Stanley fans visit daily if not a few times a week so why not just merge it as one, Even split running costs?

Not sure if you can now but you should be able to sign up to the OSC on the official website, Even if its in the "online shop" section, People from all over the world shop for Merchandise there so could help gain more members that way?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..