Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 14:31   #1
God Member

Official site update

Clubs added to opposition section that feature info. travel etc and v ASFC history (from our records)

Altrincham
Barrow AFC (Also known as the mighty barrow)
Cambridge utd
Grays Athletic
Kiddiminster Harriers
Wigan

Thanks to AccyRed (Julie)
Old 02-06-2005, 15:20   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Official site update

Serious question now. Are Southport still coming up into the Conference, or have I missed something?
Old 02-06-2005, 15:48   #3
God Member

oops not mentined on the roundup.. but As far as I know already in the database from last year so not added

rumours are rife in the last hr that Northwich are out and FGR are back in.. watch this space

TM are you still doing home match reports next season ?
Old 02-06-2005, 15:54   #4
Senior Member+

Ahhh... thanks for that. I thought maybe something had happened with Southport and I'd missed it.

I should be ok, but I was going to mail you. Which address should I mail you at Kipax? If I remember correctly, the last time I tried mailing you my mail ended up in your trashcan.
Old 02-06-2005, 15:56   #5
God Member

[email protected] gets to me

looks like northwich are in trouble

http://www.confguide.com/newsArticle.do?id=1686
Old 02-06-2005, 19:45   #6
Senior Member+

I would love to know where you all get your info about Northwich Victoria as the ground was passed on deadline day as reported in various places. It still required a lot of work, but was suitable for Conference level Football and only has to be ratified at the Conference AGM on the 12th June when the full Conference national will be ratified. This was reported on Confguide three days agao, so how can they now change their mind. God i hate amateur reporters - Does Cottle or whatever his name is work for them then?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 19:48   #7
Senior Member+

Further to my last, it is NOT the ground which is stopping Northwich taking their place in next years Conference national but the ownership of the club which hadn't been transferred by 31st May.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 02-06-2005, 19:49   #8
God Member

eeerm no.. It got a safety cert.. but it still had to have a conference inspection on the last day of May of which it failed.. this last inspection has always been set...its not summat sprung on them
Old 02-06-2005, 19:56   #9
Senior Member+

Kipax I don't want to be disrespectful, but have you read either of the articles re Northwich on Conf Guide? They both quite clearly state that the ground has both passed the Conference Ground inspections (on 31st May 2005) and got a safety certificate. I still stick by what I said before it is the ownership of the club not the ground which has failed the conference rules.

Old 02-06-2005, 21:35   #10
God Member

confguide isnt an official place of information. In fact on many occasions articles posted there are nothing more than the rantings of the owner who only publishes the bits he wants people to see.

However the jist would seem to be that the confernce gave them a deadline to blah blah and they didnt comply to blah blah so there possibly going to be out.. we wont know until after the AGM on the 11th June.

My point was that this deadline was known about and not sprung on them.. whatever the blah blah is.. its not a case of the rules being changed or anyone changing there minds as you have suggested....
Old 03-06-2005, 07:24   #11
Senior Member+

I see Julie's nipped in smartly and added Cardiff as well. Well done!

As for Vics, it's not looking good. Since Telford went, they are the only remaining ever-present members of the Conference. Whether that will help them at the meeting remains to be seen but it looks like I might yet get my post-match pint in Laurie Lee's old local in Slad for a third season. It's their fans who I feel sorry for. Thank God we've got Eric at the helm.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 16:49   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA
Whether that will help them at the meeting remains to be seen but it looks like I might yet get my post-match pint in Laurie Lee's old local in Slad for a third season.
You could have a pint of cider Mike

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..